GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Why do judges award so few draws in mma? Empty Why do judges award so few draws in mma?

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:23 pm
Is it by design ? Are they being told to keep the scores ambiguous and award rounds with a 10-9 instead of a 10-10?

Because statistically the probabilities have it that by now in the history of Mma , we would have seen many more draws than what we've seen so far. There have been less than 10 draws in the history of the UFC. Maybe less than 5. Hell I can't even remember one single draw! Doesn't that seem shady or smell fishy?

I bet the real reason has to do with the betting and the fact that if there is no clear winner , there isn't money to be made by ufcs inside bettors with the privileged info (cause one would be stupid to assume it isn't happening.)
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Why do judges award so few draws in mma? Empty Re: Why do judges award so few draws in mma?

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:04 pm
I know a UFC judge and giving a 10-10 is frowned upon! Judges have to make a decision
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Why do judges award so few draws in mma? Empty Re: Why do judges award so few draws in mma?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:08 am
I know that if fighters go the full 3-5 rounds in the unified rules I almost always call it a draw. Who can tell who won under such a retarded ruleset? They would be calling alot more draws if they were using the system correctly.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:45 pm
Hamilcar wrote:I know that if fighters go the full 3-5 rounds in the unified rules I almost always call it a draw.  Who can tell who won under such a retarded ruleset?  They would be calling alot more draws if they were using the system correctly.

always best to score fights via the whole 15mins not rounds
Adax

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:33 am
stu3ufc wrote:I know a UFC judge and giving a 10-10 is frowned upon! Judges have to make a decision

Which judge exactly do you have entranced in your bromance stubert? headbang
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:29 am
Cecil peoples .... Smile
Adax

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:42 am
fka wrote:Cecil peoples .... Smile

Cecil Peoples before every stu3ufc and fka engagement

Why do judges award so few draws in mma? Cecil-Peoples_referee
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:41 am
Fights should be scored as a whole
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:44 am
AudaxSynth wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:I know a UFC judge and giving a 10-10 is frowned upon! Judges have to make a decision

Which judge exactly do you have entranced in your bromance stubert? headbang

Judge Ben Cartilage who was the only man to score Gomi vs Sanchez correctly ...so I am not talking out my ass when I say 10-10's are frowned upon and they want a winner of the round
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:48 am
AudaxSynth wrote:
fka wrote:Cecil peoples .... Smile

Cecil Peoples before every stu3ufc and fka engagement

Why do judges award so few draws in mma? Cecil-Peoples_referee

HAHAHA legendary!!!!

Here's Cecil stopping the argument after STU3UFC drops a flying knee of knowledge

Why do judges award so few draws in mma? Cecilpeoplesflies_medium

cat cat
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:31 pm
Draws in the US are seen as 2 guys unable to be succesful,rather then 2 guys so equally matched neither could get the advantage on the other.

Its not like in other countries where draws arent seen as negative.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:36 pm
Yes and that thanks to the UFC conditioning , for example when Dana white repeats "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" all the time.

What type of shit is that ? Biggest fraud ever.

Of course it's obvious that he has some hidden interests there so it's beneficial to them to keep everything as vague and subjective as possible so they can rig decisions and pocket bettors money.

People who bet on Mma might as well give their money to charity
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:25 pm
Draws only really happen due to point deductions in MMA. 9-9,10-9,9-10=28-28.

It's a flaw in the scoring system.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:59 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Yes and that thanks to the UFC conditioning , for example when Dana white repeats "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" all the time.

What type of shit is that ? Biggest fraud ever.

Of course it's obvious that he has some hidden interests there so it's beneficial to them to keep everything as vague and subjective as possible so they can rig decisions and pocket bettors money.

People who bet on Mma might as well give their money to charity
You´re onto something here.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm
Only draw I remember in UFC is Tito v Rashad. What rules does DEEP use, they seem to have a lot of draws.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum