GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko reportedly set for Dec. 10 Empty Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko reportedly set for Dec. 10

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:24 pm
http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/10/15/13296804/anthony-joshua-vs-wladimir-klitschko-reportedly-set-for-dec-10

Joshua, 27, is 17-0, all wins coming by way of knockout, dominant thus far as a professional after winning the super heavyweight gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.

But Klitschko, 40, still represents a drastic step up in class from the likes of Dillian Whyte, Charles Martin, and Dominic Breazeale, Joshua’s last three and thus far most significant opponents as a professional. Klitschko (64-4, 53 KO) is coming off of a decision loss last November to Tyson Fury, and that combined with his age and inactivity could be a formula for the aggressive and powerful Joshua to do something special, but on paper, this is a big challenge for the defending IBF titleholder.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko reportedly set for Dec. 10 Empty Re: Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko reportedly set for Dec. 10

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:44 pm
I think I gotta go with Klitschko.

Fury had a good strategy for Klitschko and executed it well. He essentially refused to engage Klitschko and forced Klitschko to come to him; while keeping him at distance with his superior length and reach (Klitschko isn't really an inside fighter to begin with--he use to come inside more, but Emmanual Steward changed that after they hooked up following Klitschko's KO losses to Sanders and Brewster).

Engaging Klitschko has generally been a recipe for failure for most fighters.

Nor can I see Joshua sitting back and suckering Klitschko in. Joshua will have to engage, as that's his way of fighting. Dillan Whyte was able to plug some of his holes and had him on shaky legs at one point in their fight. Klitschko should be able to exploit Joshua's defensive flaws, I think.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum