GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

RIZIN  Bantamweight GP 1st Round Part 1 - July 30 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 Empty Re: RIZIN Bantamweight GP 1st Round Part 1 - July 30 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:55 am
great event so far can't wait to see amir RIZIN  Bantamweight GP 1st Round Part 1 - July 30 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 4105382097
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

RIZIN  Bantamweight GP 1st Round Part 1 - July 30 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 Empty Re: RIZIN Bantamweight GP 1st Round Part 1 - July 30 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:09 am
Kingfedor wrote:great event so far can't wait to see amir RIZIN  Bantamweight GP 1st Round Part 1 - July 30 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 4105382097

Just finished watching. It was a great event. Very entertaining and a lot of finishes. Amir looked excellent.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:05 pm
I just turned this on, so I'm avoiding comments in the thread, but I think Japan is definitely holding its own again in the world of MMA.

There are a lot of fights now, which I don't begrudge too much. Often you can tell if a fight is a shitty amateur kickboxing match or freestyle wrestling match, so I often end up fastforwarding through a lot of UFC fights, as well as other orgs.

There are some orgs that standout for their presentation and matchmaking. OneFC has been a good oasis in the desert, and I have really enjoyed the recent M-1 fights--in particular the talent and creativity of the fighters.

With shows like this one, we can see why Japan has been #1 at promoting MMA events, and Rizin continues to deliver.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:28 pm
nodogoshi wrote:I just turned this on, so I'm avoiding comments in the thread, but I think Japan is definitely holding its own again in the world of MMA.

There are a lot of fights now, which I don't begrudge too much. Often you can tell if a fight is a shitty amateur kickboxing match or freestyle wrestling match, so I often end up fastforwarding through a lot of UFC fights, as well as other orgs.

There are some orgs that standout for their presentation and matchmaking. OneFC has been a good oasis in the desert, and I have really enjoyed the recent M-1 fights--in particular the talent and creativity of the fighters.

With shows like this one, we can see why Japan has been #1 at promoting MMA events, and Rizin continues to deliver.

I agree. Rizin is second to none in presentation. KSW production is also really good but just wish they would have stuck with the ring. You should enjoy this event. It is entertaining for sure.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:21 pm
CDF47 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:I just turned this on, so I'm avoiding comments in the thread, but I think Japan is definitely holding its own again in the world of MMA.

I agree.  Rizin is second to none in presentation.  KSW production is also really good but just wish they would have stuck with the ring.  You should enjoy this event.  It is entertaining for sure.

100% if any country knows how to put on a show it is japan ksw in europe and one fc in south east asia are not far behind . As for who will the grand prix im going with kyoji horiguchi he is the man to beat .
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:58 am
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree.  Rizin is second to none in presentation.  KSW production is also really good but just wish they would have stuck with the ring.  You should enjoy this event.  It is entertaining for sure.

100% if any country knows how to put on a show it is japan ksw in europe and one fc in south east asia are not far behind . As for who will the grand prix im going with kyoji horiguchi he is the man to beat .

That's one of the things that makes the sport fun. The fights are obviously what we come to see but the presentation adds to it and makes it more special and fun. It really catches the eye.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:57 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Kyoji looked real good. It is cool they have DEEP and Pancrase champs in this GP. I'll go with Kyoji as well.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:57 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

That's one of the things that makes the sport fun. The fights are obviously what we come to see but the presentation adds to it and makes it more special and fun. It really catches the eye.

That's right, presentation is huge in this sport.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

It does I mean the pride fc music it got a person pumped up and excited I know people say the ufc will never do it again cause it is to "pro wrestling" though ironically it is the wwe type drama that sells .
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:57 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

It does I mean the pride fc music it got a person pumped up and excited I know people say the ufc will never do it again cause it is to "pro wrestling" though ironically it is the wwe type drama that sells .

Ironically, PRIDE and JMMA was inspired originally by Japanese Wrestling. As for the music, I agree. Watch a PRIDE, DREAM, or Rizin opening and tell me it doesn't pump you up. The UFC would rather play the tired Face The Pain garbage.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:21 pm
I was surprised how good the new Rizin music was. It is right up there with PRIDE music as best MMA intro. songs in my opinion.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:43 pm
I've actually become a decent fan of King Rena over the last couple events. She fights with a very rare tenacity. She never wavers in her approach, despite being outgunned and overmatched (on paper) in both standup skill and physicality, and prevails on will. She has real bushido spirit. She also seems to have a solid ground game, and possibly elite level judo.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 pm
nodogoshi wrote:I've actually become a decent fan of King Rena over the last couple events. She fights with a very rare tenacity. She never wavers in her approach, despite being outgunned and overmatched (on paper) in both standup skill and physicality, and prevails on will. She has real bushido spirit. She also seems to have a solid ground game, and possibly elite level judo.

I enjoyed that fight too. It took everything she had and showed a lot of heart.
m1challengefan
m1challengefan

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:42 pm
Great event,I surprisingly enjoyed the D'Tapa/Reina fight and Khalid Taha,one important thing is that Amir is legit as a HW and is the best HW Rizin has so
they need to have a title fight soon to be legitimate and Minakov is out there
so they should make that fight for the October event and crown a HW champ
instead of wasting Amir against guys like King.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:36 pm
m1challengefan wrote:Great event,I surprisingly enjoyed the D'Tapa/Reina fight and Khalid Taha,one important thing is that Amir is legit as a HW and is the best HW Rizin has so
they need to have a title fight soon to be legitimate and Minakov is out there
so they should make that fight for the October event and crown a HW champ
instead of wasting Amir against guys like King.

Minakov vs. Amir for the belt, great idea.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 pm
Is it October yet? Can't wait to see this GP continue. Rizin always gets me pumped for more MMA.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:15 am
CDF47 wrote:Is it October yet?  Can't wait to see this GP continue.  Rizin always gets me pumped for more MMA.

It does on one side you want to see Rizin have more shows and on the other the 4-6 events they have make a person more excited .I do hope in the future they do 8-10 shows like pride was doing .
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 am
CDF47 wrote:Is it October yet?  Can't wait to see this GP continue.  Rizin always gets me pumped for more MMA.

Not surprised. They only run 4-6 shows a year so we have to wait for them. When things get oversaturated then it gets boring.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:50 am
westcott123 wrote:

It does on one side you want to  see Rizin have more shows and on the other   the 4-6 events they have make a person more excited .I do hope in the future they do 8-10 shows like pride was doing .

I think the anticipation is good. The UFC over-saturation and watered down cards doesn't work well for me. It looks like they are doing 5 this year which is up from last year. Maybe they will go to 6 next year since two of there events are just days apart. I hope they keep doing the two cards on NYE. I think that's a great idea with the GPs.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:51 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Not surprised. They only run 4-6 shows a year so we have to wait for them. When things get oversaturated then it gets boring.

I agree.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum