GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

This is how one compares fighters Empty This is how one compares fighters

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am
Comparing guys from different weight classes is relatively silly, since anyone not at HW is cutting to avoid bigger guys. Everyone from MW and LHW are just HWs who are smaller and want to avoid the big guys.

But to compare fighters in a weight class, look at what they have accomplished by age. For instance, everyone loves to bash the legend Ken Shamrock because he lost a bunch of fights. But when did he lose them? Yeah, Shamrock is 53 years old, of course he loses fights now. Take his record when he was 33 years old (20 years ago), he was 23-5, not bad at all.

You want to compare "GOATs", fine. Don't look at 42 year old Anderson Silva and compare him to 30 year old Jon Jones. Take 30 year old Silva and compare him to Jon Jones. Anderson was 14-3, Jones is 22-1. No one knows how Jones will be doing when he is 42, because he is still in his prime. If GSP doesn't come back, you compare his record up to the age he retired to the other "GOATs". Anything these guys do later in their careers is just a bonus we are lucky to see and doesn't count against their previous legacies.

Sakuraba is 47, with a record of 26-17. Virtually every loss he has came after he was 32 (the magic age where most guys start to fall from grace and decline). So in the future, if you want to compare fighters, compare them by what they have accomplished by a certain age. It's the only accurate way to do it.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

This is how one compares fighters Empty Re: This is how one compares fighters

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:14 pm
I agree totally and the recent losses by Fedor, Anderson Silva, and BJ shouldn't affect their legacies at all. I just wish the fighters that retire at a good time stay retired, like Fedor and BJ. It is still great watching Fedor fight but I hate seeing him lose and he is no longer in the prime of his career.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm
^Yeah, I just look at it as a bonus, but nothing that happens now undoes their legacies.  You know, even though I hate seeing Fedor lose, he only has lost 5 fights in 18 years.  That's pretty crazy, especially considering he is almost 41.  Any fighter that keeps fighting past their prime is going to lose eventually.  Most of the guys from Fedor's generation are retired.  Fedor was at such a high level, he dropped from nearly unbeatable to being a solid HW.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:53 pm
Kinosis wrote:^Yeah, I just look at it as a bonus, but nothing that happens now undoes their legacies.  You know, even though I hate seeing Fedor lose, he only has lost 5 fights in 18 years.  That's pretty crazy, especially considering he is almost 41.  Any fighter that keeps fighting past their prime is going to lose eventually.  Most of the guys from Fedor's generation are retired.  Fedor was at such a high level, he dropped from nearly unbeatable to being a solid HW.

I can see that point where these are bonus fights and Fedor is still at the highest level. If he continues, would be great to see him string some wins together prior to retiring for good.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:12 pm
^Yeah, the good news is Mitrione is top 5 in Bellator for sure.  Fedor was a fraction of an inch from KOing him.  We will see what happens.  Hopefully Fedor wins a couple a calls it a day.  I'm not even sure who Fedor would fight next.  I think Mitrione should fight someone for the belt.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:47 pm
Smart system. But these middle aged fighters shouldn't even be sanctioned to fight. The commisions should be stopping them.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:55 am
Hamilcar wrote:Smart system.  But these middle aged fighters shouldn't even be sanctioned to fight.  The commisions should be stopping them.
 I don't mind them fighting, but there should probably be a 40+ division for them.  Even if it's unofficial.  Once you hit 40 there is really no reason to be fighting guys in their 20s and 30s.  It's almost as big of a disadvantage as women having to fight men with the extreme drop in growth hormone production and all of that.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 am
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/28/fedor-emelianenko-lost-at-bellator-nyc-because-he-cant-use-steroids-says-ufc-champion-michael-bisping-6741461/

I thought I post this I'm not saying whether Fedor was or wasn't on steroids but fuck bisping a piece of shit

It's amazing how guys like bisping and Florian etc didn't say Jack until much later on .

As usual I saw on YouTube people saying the whole "pretend fights" yeah a pretend fight by being soccer kicked God those people are fucking idiots smh

They seem to forget bisping included that the ufc had/has numerous fighter that were/are on steroids
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:55 am
I will also add that stupid oh he can win in this country but not that one since when why should it matter what country a person competes in ?

As for the age thing yes I agree with it
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:12 pm
Kinosis wrote:^Yeah, the good news is Mitrione is top 5 in Bellator for sure.  Fedor was a fraction of an inch from KOing him.  We will see what happens.  Hopefully Fedor wins a couple a calls it a day.  I'm not even sure who Fedor would fight next.  I think Mitrione should fight someone for the belt.

Coker should try to get Big Foot signed.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:35 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:^Yeah, the good news is Mitrione is top 5 in Bellator for sure.  Fedor was a fraction of an inch from KOing him.  We will see what happens.  Hopefully Fedor wins a couple a calls it a day.  I'm not even sure who Fedor would fight next.  I think Mitrione should fight someone for the belt.

Coker should try to get Big Foot signed.
Exactly.  This is the perfect next fight for Fedor.  I'm pretty sure Fedor is free to fight in any org outside of Bellator as well, as long as it's not in the U.S.  Since Fedor is going to fight on, Fedor vs Bigfoot II makes the most sense right now.  It gives him a chance to avenge one of his losses and it should be winnable for him.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:39 pm
Bisping is an idiot.  Fedor could have been on roids in Russia but he fought worse and looked worse there.  The dude is just 40 (almost 41).  I think I would like to see Fedor fight Bigfoot in Russia in September or so and then Randy Couture or Wanderlei in Nov/December in Bellator.  That's what I would set up for him if I could.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:51 pm
Kinosis wrote:Bisping is an idiot.  Fedor could have been on roids in Russia but he fought worse and looked worse there.  The dude is just 40 (almost 41).  I think I would like to see Fedor fight Bigfoot in Russia in September or so and then Randy Couture or Wanderlei in Nov/December in Bellator.  That's what I would set up for him if I could.

Agreed. I also hope to see him fighting on NYE in Rizin. They could make the Randy or Wand fight there.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:01 pm
^Actually, yeah, that would be great.  Fedor could fight in Russia against Bigfoot, when is Bellator's Dynamite card?  Fedor vs Couture would be huge.  Then NYE against some other legend and call it a career.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 pm
Kinosis wrote:^Actually, yeah, that would be great.  Fedor could fight in Russia against Bigfoot, when is Bellator's Dynamite card?  Fedor vs Couture would be huge.  Then NYE against some other legend and call it a career.

There last Dynamite card was last June I think but I'm not sure about their next one. That would be the right card to make this fight happen.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:39 pm
westcott123 wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/28/fedor-emelianenko-lost-at-bellator-nyc-because-he-cant-use-steroids-says-ufc-champion-michael-bisping-6741461/

I thought I post this I'm not saying whether Fedor was or wasn't on steroids but fuck bisping  a piece of shit  

It's amazing how guys like bisping and Florian etc  didn't say Jack until much later on .

As usual I saw on YouTube people saying the whole "pretend fights" yeah a pretend fight by being soccer kicked God those people are fucking idiots smh

They seem to forget bisping included that the ufc had/has numerous fighter that were/are on steroids

This is one of the classic talking points from zombies yet how many UFC fighters have been caught with steroids or doing TRT. The man considered the greatest of all time by the UFC: Anderson Silva has been caught using steroids. The guy considered the best in the world now: Jon Jones has done steroids. UFC Champions Josh Barnett and Sean Sherk were stripped of championships after failing drug tests. The UFC's most decorated champion clearly used TRT in Randy Couture. How many UFC fighters got TRT exemptions? Sure, it wasn't illegal but people would consider it legalized doping.

Also, why do people forget Fedor's success in America? He dominated Mark Coleman in their second fight. He thrashed number four or five Tim Sylvia in 36 seconds. He delivered an amazing and perfectly timed knock out punch on number two Andrei Arlovski. He knocked Brett Rogers the fuck out with one punch when Rogers was a top ten fighter. He lost to Werdum after getting careless, same with Henderson. Meanwhile, Bigfoot and Henderson are well known TRT users with Bigfoot having flunked a test years before and years after the fight.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:06 am
^^ Fedor was also the wamma champion which correct me if I'm wrong wasn't that an American company ? As well ?

As for micheal it seems that if anyone has/had a more successful career then him must've be on roids he will probably accuse Kennedy Evans rockhold on being on steroids next week

Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:45 am
westcott123 wrote:^^ Fedor was also the wamma champion which correct me if I'm wrong wasn't that an American company ? As well ?  

As for micheal it seems that if anyone has/had a more successful career then him must've be on roids he will probably accuse Kennedy Evans rockhold on being on steroids next week

Yes it was. Fedor won it at the first Affliction event against Sylvia to determine the first champion and then successfully defended it against Arlovski and Rogers.

I respected Bisping especially last year as he did great but the guy has gotten pathetic with his money fights and comes off the most cowardly champion in MMA history. It's funny how the UFC was considered the gold standard in combat sports and how corrupt boxing is but now fighters are mostly focused on money fights instead of number one contenders except DJ but figures Dana has been trying to tar and feather him.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:21 am
A complete 360 from a decade ago and as for bisping he just ever since he has won the belt he's an even bigger prick and is clearly ducking Romero .

As for DJ the one of few who defends the crown against the next rightful contender and look at the crap he has got ,That's Dana he only likes you if he can make bank of you soon as you don't play ball case in point DJ and Fedor they didn't play ball out came the put down .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum