GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Damn I miss Pride! Empty Damn I miss Pride!

Mon May 25, 2020 9:16 am

westcott123
westcott123

Damn I miss Pride! Empty Re: Damn I miss Pride!

Mon May 25, 2020 9:43 pm
Same here mma for the most part was a lot better back then you had Pride the Top MMA promotion hell the UFC was putting on pretty good cards as well. ( For the most part) and of course k1 hero's.

I do prefer Japanese or Asian MMA in general .
westcott123
westcott123

Tue May 26, 2020 1:37 am
Plus you didn't have this drama And Twitter shit I mean it is amazing of how guys like Colby and cejudo had to change their personalities ( put on an act) in order to pretty much get a title shot or even get noticed.

Though ironically you don't see that in any other MMA promotion. I mean I haven't seen Douglas lima having to go into WWE mode.

Hell not even in Pride yes you had call outs like when Mirko called out Fedor after he beat Ibrahim magomedov that definitely wasn't Pro wrestling . In today's MMA landscape especially the UFC they would be expected to do a twitter battle.

Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu May 28, 2020 3:33 am
westcott123 wrote:Plus you didn't have this drama And Twitter shit I mean it is amazing of how guys like Colby and cejudo had to change their personalities ( put on an act) in order to pretty much get a title shot or even get noticed.  

Though ironically you don't see that in any other MMA promotion. I mean I haven't seen Douglas lima having to go into WWE mode.

Hell not even in Pride yes you had call outs like when Mirko called out Fedor after he beat Ibrahim magomedov that definitely wasn't Pro wrestling . In today's MMA landscape especially the UFC they would be expected to do a twitter battle.

Yeah, the behavior is tiresome especially since it comes off so fake.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri May 29, 2020 8:43 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Plus you didn't have this drama And Twitter shit I mean it is amazing of how guys like Colby and cejudo had to change their personalities ( put on an act) in order to pretty much get a title shot or even get noticed.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/wwe/amp/news/jon-jones-dana-white-ufc-release/

When the guy Dana calls the goat wants to be realised what does that tell you ? I wonder how many so called Jon Jones fans are going to turn on him ?
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun May 31, 2020 8:55 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/wwe/amp/news/jon-jones-dana-white-ufc-release/

When the guy Dana calls the goat wants to be realised what does that tell you ? I wonder how many so called Jon Jones fans are going to turn on him ?

Well, Dana is the pied piper and UFC zombies are his rats. Funny how he now refers to Jones as the GOAT. I thought he spent years parading Anderson Silva as the greatest. I can't believe this clown has been running UFC for nearly 20 years. It'll be a glorious day when he's gone.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun May 31, 2020 6:38 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Well, Dana is the pied piper and UFC zombies are his rats. Funny how he now refers to Jones as the GOAT. I thought he spent years parading Anderson Silva as the greatest. I can't believe this clown has been running UFC for nearly 20 years. It'll be a glorious day when he's gone.

The UFC goat has changed 10x in the past ten years hell the heavyweight goat seems to be whomever holds the belt.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun May 31, 2020 8:19 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

The UFC goat has changed 10x in the past ten years hell the heavyweight goat seems to be whomever holds the belt.

Well, whoever is UFC Heavyweight Champion is bestowed the title of "The Baddest Man On The Planet". As for constantly changing the GOAT, well that's what happens when you created manufactured goats.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:30 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Well, whoever is UFC Heavyweight Champion is bestowed the title of "The Baddest Man On The Planet". As for constantly changing the GOAT, well that's what happens when you created manufactured goats.

Goat is term thrown around that much that it has Lost all meaning. In my opinion goat should be for people who have earned it not who ever is holding The Belt.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:51 am
Still I do miss Pride there a YouTuber called omry he or she has videos of Pride events.

https://youtu.be/Zn2fd_08pGs

Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Goat is term thrown around that much that it has Lost all meaning. In my opinion goat should be for people who have earned it not who ever is holding The Belt.

It's "what have you done for me lately?". Look at featherweight. Jose Aldo is probably the featherweight GOAT but after 3 title defenses people like Joe Rogan were saying Holloway was the GOAT.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:28 am
westcott123 wrote:Still I do miss Pride there a YouTuber called omry  he or she has videos of Pride events.

https://youtu.be/Zn2fd_08pGs

I have to admit that I didn't get into MMA until after PRIDE but I do love the old PRIDE events.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:14 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

It's "what have you done for me lately?". Look at featherweight. Jose Aldo is probably the featherweight GOAT but after 3 title defenses people like Joe Rogan were saying Holloway was the GOAT.

Their excuse he beat aldo twice I think that is not how it works it doesn't go by who beat who . Than again Joe Rogan was the guy who thought Ronda Rousey can beat the male bantamweight division.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:11 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Their excuse he beat aldo twice I think that is not how it works it doesn't go by who beat who . Than again Joe Rogan was the guy who thought Ronda Rousey can beat the male bantamweight division.

Speaking of goats since McGregor etc made a list mine

1 Fedor Emelianenko
2 George Saint Pierre
3 Jon Jones
4 jose Aldo
5 Demetrius Johnson
6 Anderson Silva
7 Matt Hughes
8 Antonio noguiera
9 Dan Henderson
10 Randy Couture.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:34 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Rogan may have his moments but I can't stand him a lot of the time. UFC needed to drop him a long time ago.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:36 pm
westcott123 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

1 Fedor Emelianenko
2 George Saint Pierre
3 Jon Jones
4 jose Aldo
5 Demetrius Johnson
6 Anderson Silva
7 Matt Hughes
8 Antonio noguiera
9 Dan Henderson
10 Randy Couture.

Good list. Surprised Jones is 3 given his checkered past with drug test failures.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:34 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

1 Fedor Emelianenko
2 George Saint Pierre
3 Jon Jones
4 jose Aldo
5 Demetrius Johnson
6 Anderson Silva
7 Matt Hughes
8 Antonio noguiera
9 Dan Henderson
10 Randy Couture.

Good list. Surprised Jones is 3 given his checkered past with drug test failures.

He does have a checkered past and biased judges it was between him and Anderson Silva ,(failed a test) . Is Jon has beaten fighters who have held major mma championship Anderson During his UFC run he Rich Franklin dan Henderson Forrest Griffin Vitor Belfort. He didn't really beat many fighters who where world champions at one point . . I'm thinking now. Revised list
1 Fedor Emelianenko
2 George Saint Pierre
3 Jose Aldo
4 Demetrius Johnson
5 Jon Jones
6 Anderson Silva
7 Matt Hughes
8 Antonio noguiera
9 Dan Henderson
10 Randy Couture
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:26 pm
PRIDE is what made me interested in mma. I had never watched UFC or any other promotion. I was a fan of Cro Cop and followed him from K-1 to Pride. I still believe the PRIDE version of mma will return but many promising promotions let me down such as KSW and M-1.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:45 pm
God of Thunder wrote:PRIDE is what made me interested in mma. I had never watched UFC or any other promotion. I was a fan of Cro Cop and followed him from K-1 to Pride. I still believe the PRIDE version of mma will return but many promising promotions let me down such as KSW and M-1.

M1 I'm disappointed in them because of all the shit Dana White said about Vadim and m1 etc they turned into a UFC feeder league.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:55 am
God of Thunder wrote:PRIDE is what made me interested in mma. I had never watched UFC or any other promotion. I was a fan of Cro Cop and followed him from K-1 to Pride. I still believe the PRIDE version of mma will return but many promising promotions let me down such as KSW and M-1.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/jon-jones-lists-demands-after-getting-ripped-off-by-ufc-for-years/%3famp

I also saw that Jon Jones might want to go to another promotion.

Just imagine if he went to Rizin ff i doubt it but it will certainly bring eyes .

westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:56 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

It is like Anderson Silva doesn't even get a mention now I'm sick of blind people saying Anderson is the greatest striker of all time. Think about how many guys did Anderson fought had a world class Muay Thai or kickboxing or boxing background? I can only Think of izzy
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:43 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

It is like Anderson Silva doesn't even get a mention now I'm sick of blind people saying Anderson is the greatest striker of all time. Think about how many guys did Anderson fought had a world class Muay Thai or kickboxing or boxing background? I can only Think of izzy

Honestly, not many. Most were grapplers or sloppy haymaker throwers. Yeah, the idea of Silva as the greatest striker is laughable. Then again, Rogan said he was the greatest martial artist the world has ever known.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:21 am
So here is an interesting article talking about Dana White's MMA Mount Rushmore.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/6/17/21293406/morning-report-dana-white-names-his-mma-mount-rushmore-includes-royce-gracie-amanda-nunes?fbclid=IwAR3Oj_zCCLHmRIGfQ-eInfREszJbyZWKaqYpf0HBpuSt-Q0jvTwF-hDnUT4

Yeah, I question these selections. Nunes might be a good one and Jones is an all time great but he had drug test failures.

Meanwhile, Liddell is clearly there because he's Dana's friend. Yeah, he was a star but so was Couture and Ortiz at that point and PRIDE stars were huge in Japan along with their native countries. Not to mention, Liddell wasn't a great fighter. He peaked when UFC was #2 and he fought a lot of stylistically good opponents that favored him. Some would blame the loss of his chin for his decline but I think it was also cause he got exposed.

I also find Royce to be a fraud in some ways. He may be a pioneer but he benefited a lot from the early UFC with little to no rules and opponents not being familiar with MMA or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. His departure from UFC also came before the competition started to heat up and in Japan, he always insisted on special rules for his fights.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:27 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:So here is an interesting article talking about Dana White's MMA Mount Rushmore.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/6/17/21293406/morning-report-dana-white-names-his-mma-mount-rushmore-includes-royce-gracie-amanda-nunes?fbclid=IwAR3Oj_zCCLHmRIGfQ-eInfREszJbyZWKaqYpf0HBpuSt-Q0jvTwF-hDnUT4

Yeah, I question these selections. Nunes might be a good one and Jones is an all time great but he had drug test failures.

Meanwhile, Liddell is clearly there because he's Dana's friend. Yeah, he was a star but so was Couture and Ortiz at that point and PRIDE stars were huge in Japan along with their native countries. Not to mention, Liddell wasn't a great fighter. He peaked when UFC was #2 and he fought a lot of stylistically good opponents that favored him. Some would blame the loss of his chin for his decline but I think it was also cause he got exposed.

I also find Royce to be a fraud in some ways. He may be a pioneer but he benefited a lot from the early UFC with little to no rules and opponents not being familiar with MMA or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. His departure from UFC also came before the competition started to heat up and in Japan, he always insisted on special rules for his fights.

Well with women
Cris cyborg is the most accomplished
Amanda has beaten the other female goat contender plus is a double champ.
Ronda has the most title's defences with 6 straight
Megumi Fuji went on a 22-0 win streak and should've won that Bellator final.
Ayaka Hamasaki was the top atom weight for years.

With Chuck yeah he benefitted from stylistic Match ups . Hell all 4 of his title defences where grapplers.
Yes it ironic as soon as the Pride guys came over he was out of his prime yeah or maybe it was because he fought guys who knew how to strike .

As for UFC 1 you Think about it all the guys apart ken shamrock weren't even world champions in their respective style.

Plus the rumour from Benny the jet on how the Gracie's didn't invite him to compete due to him Also knowing grappling. Though I personally Think that Benny is a bit of bullshit artist himself . I'm not saying he isn't a great Martial artist. But things like 200-0 for example.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:56 pm
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rizin-dying.4115277/

What do you guys think of this ?
Is it a sad possiblity?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum