GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RIZIN
RIZIN
Admin
http://www.global-mma.forumotion.com

Rizin boss interested in signing Anderson Silva: “I would like to help him fulfill his wishes” Empty Rizin boss interested in signing Anderson Silva: “I would like to help him fulfill his wishes”

Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 pm
Rizin boss interested in signing Anderson Silva: “I would like to help him fulfill his wishes” Rizin221

Rizin Fighting Federation boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara is interested in signing former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva to his promotion.

Silva last fought on Halloween night, when he was stopped by Uriah Hall. Shortly after this setback, he was released from the UFC roster, but he emphasized that he intends to continue fighting nonetheless.

As the former show runner of the defunct Japanese promotion Pride, Sakakibara has worked extensively with Silva before, and after the Brazilian legend’s UFC exit, he’d welcome the chance to do so again.

“I have great memories with Anderson Silva from the PRIDE days and in my personal opinion I think his career took off in Japan,” Sakakibara said in a statement that was also released to several MMA news outlets. “I have heard that Japan has a special part in his heart as well.

“I do feel that I would like to help him fulfill his wishes out of respect for what he as accomplished and what he has done for our sport. I haven’t talked to him yet but I would be interested to see if we can come up with something that makes sense for him to start his final chapter in Japan.”

Anderson Silva, now 45 years old, ruled over the UFC middleweight division from 2006 to 2013. During that time, he defended his title against the likes of Rich Franklin, Nate Marquardt, Dan Henderson, Patrick Cote, Thales Leites, Demian Maia, Chael Sonnen (twice), Vitor Belfort, and Yushin Okami. He also picked up light heavyweight wins over James Irvin, Forrest Griffin, and Stephan Bonnar.

More recently, Silva has fallen on hard times. The legend is 1-7 in his last seven fights, sandwiching a close decision win over Derek Brunson between losses to Chris Weidman (twice), Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier, Israel Adesanya, Jared Cannonier and Hall.

(bjpenn.com)

Last edited by RIZIN on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:55 pm; edited 6 times in total
westcott123
westcott123

Rizin boss interested in signing Anderson Silva: “I would like to help him fulfill his wishes” Empty Re: Rizin boss interested in signing Anderson Silva: “I would like to help him fulfill his wishes”

Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:53 pm
No i will be that guy but no I hope rizin don't sign him because if they do juiced up or not if he tears through whatever division they have him at be light heavy weight they don't seem to have a middle weight division . UFC fan boys " dis shows that de ufc is the highest level" if he loses oh it was fixed. In reality it would be a lose lose situation for sakkikbarra.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Rizin boss interested in signing Anderson Silva: “I would like to help him fulfill his wishes” Empty Re: Rizin boss interested in signing Anderson Silva: “I would like to help him fulfill his wishes”

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 am
westcott123 wrote:No  i will be that  guy but no I hope rizin don't sign him because if they do juiced up or not if he tears through whatever division they have him at be light heavy weight they don't seem to have a middle weight division . UFC fan boys " dis shows that de ufc is the highest level" if he loses oh it was fixed. In reality it would be a lose lose situation for sakkikbarra.

The plus side is that RIZIN's Middleweight and Light Heavyweight is extremely weak so it doesn't mean much. I be more worried if he was in Bantamweight, Featherweight, or Lightweight and beat someone like Horiguchi or Kai Asakura.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:38 pm
RIZIN
RIZIN
Admin
http://www.global-mma.forumotion.com

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:52 pm
westcott123 wrote:No  i will be that  guy but no I hope rizin don't sign him because if they do juiced up or not if he tears through whatever division they have him at be light heavy weight they don't seem to have a middle weight division . UFC fan boys " dis shows that de ufc is the highest level" if he loses oh it was fixed. In reality it would be a lose lose situation for sakkikbarra.
I just want Rizin to pick up some big names to get things rolling. If some unknown prospect knocks Silva out in spectacular fashion he would make a name for himself instantly.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum