GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RIZIN
RIZIN
Admin
http://www.global-mma.forumotion.com

Sister of “Kid” Yamamoto and mother of current RIZIN fighter Erson Yamamoto fights for the title Empty Sister of “Kid” Yamamoto and mother of current RIZIN fighter Erson Yamamoto fights for the title

Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:43 pm
Sister of “Kid” Yamamoto and mother of current RIZIN fighter Erson Yamamoto fights for the title Rizin217

The announced New Year’s Eve card will have Miyuu Yamamoto taking on former super atomweight champion Ayaka Hamasaki for the vacant belt.

Miyuu Yamamoto (6-4), sister of “Kid” Yamamoto and mother of current RIZIN fighter, Erson Yamamoto, has fought her entire pro career in the organization. A women’s freestyle wrestling champion, she had a rocky start in RIZIN. She managed to turn it around by using her athleticism and grappling against her opponents. “I made my professional debut in 2016 and I may have had some detours but I have finally made my way to a world title fight,” Yamamoto said. “I think this fight against Ayaka Hamasaki will be my grand sum of what I have lived for.”

Interestingly, Yamamoto is not a citizen of Japan. She obtained Canadian citizenship in 2015. Japan forbids dual citizenship, which would force her to give up her Japanese citizenship. This opens the possibility that more fighters not based in Japan could be announced for the card.

Ayaka Hamasaki (20-3) went undefeated in her RIZIN career until she rematched Seo Hee Ham last year at RIZIN 20. In a very close fight, Hamasaki lost the super atomweight title by split decision. Ham vacated the belt after signing with ONE. Hamasaki is known as an expert submission finisher. She has finished most of her fights by armbar. “Miyuu’s physical strength is outstanding,” Hamasaki said. “She has grown as a fighter. I don’t think I will be able to beat her easily.”

Last edited by RIZIN on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sister of “Kid” Yamamoto and mother of current RIZIN fighter Erson Yamamoto fights for the title Empty Re: Sister of “Kid” Yamamoto and mother of current RIZIN fighter Erson Yamamoto fights for the title

Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:22 pm
15 years after Kid won the 2005 K-1 Middleweight Grand Prix.

RIZIN likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum