GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M-1 Global event trounces UFC on Fox event

+11
brace
marchegiano
nhbnews
RussianTopTeam
Apres Moi
Jingles
Dagwood
KSW
Dapperdoo
bellend
monaroCountry
15 posters
Go down
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

M-1 Global event trounces UFC on Fox event - Page 2 Empty Re: M-1 Global event trounces UFC on Fox event

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:20 pm
I already did but you're not going to listen.
Jingles
Jingles

M-1 Global event trounces UFC on Fox event - Page 2 Empty Re: M-1 Global event trounces UFC on Fox event

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:23 pm
Because of the length of the fight? Was Tyson's entire career a failure then? Wasn't he kind of popular?
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:29 pm
I told you you're not going to listen. You obviously don't remember the furor over many of Tyson's quick fights in the 1990s. And you change the subject without addressing any of the points. I'm done with you.
Jingles
Jingles

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:42 pm
The furor? The outbreak of public anger or excitement? I'm assuming you mean the second, because he was the most popular boxer of the 80s and 90s. There are plenty of fight fans who love protracted wars, there are plenty who like decisive knockouts. The latter made Mike Tyson huge.

The only point I haven't addressed that you've said is that M-1 was a success. I'm not disputing that it was. I was disputing the asssertion that UFC was a disaster.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:06 pm
Jingles wrote:
nhbnews wrote:I told you you're not going to listen. You obviously don't remember the furor over many of Tyson's quick fights in the 1990s. And you change the subject without addressing any of the points. I'm done with you.
The furor? The outbreak of public anger or excitement? I'm assuming you mean the second, because he was the most popular boxer of the 80s and 90s. There are plenty of fight fans who love protracted wars, there are plenty who like decisive knockouts. The latter made Mike Tyson huge.

The only point I haven't addressed that you've said is that M-1 was a success. I'm not disputing that it was. I was disputing the asssertion that UFC was a disaster.

Yeah, as Eddie said there was a furor around Tyson main card PPV's lasting 90 seconds or less from a business standpoint and from some paying fans. For quite a while there, his fights were over before some even finished getting seated. I guess you had to be there.

Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:11 pm
marchegiano wrote:Look I get the whole anti-zuffa deal, but if they weren't damn successful we wouldn't be making the comparison. China can at any point bring in more ratings for an even less known and holistically unimportant event as far the rest of us are concerned.
They wouldn't be damn successful if it wasn't for illegal activities ending in profits and buying out all other competition.
Jingles
Jingles

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:19 pm
I was there. My point was that he built a career around beating people really goddamn fast, and his fights weren't a tough sell. It's a long way from a disaster purely on that basis. Can you imagine how easy it's going to be to sell Dos Santos' next fight? Won the title against an unbeaten champion in a minute? That shit sells itself.
On the one hand, some people were pissed that they missed the fight on the other, the next fight, they're going to be glued to their seats. Not to mention that being charged 60 dollars to watch a one minute fight is going to leave a much more bitter taste than seeing it for free.
Even in more established MMA stars, Anderson Silva doesn't have any trouble selling PPVs (he did for a while, after he dragged out the Cote, Maia and Leites fights) and he will knock someone out with his first shot of the fight.
brace
brace

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:17 pm
Jingles, pls stop trolling and deal with it..

Jingles
Jingles

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:44 pm
Oh, sorry.

ZUFFA IS TERRIBLE AND POWERED BY THE SOULS OF DEAD INFANTS. 8.8 MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING A FIGHT IS A TERRIBLE FAILURE.

better?
rezin
rezin

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:56 pm
I don't think Jingles is trolling us. I do think absolute 100% hatred by volume of zuffa corp. should be a requirement for joining this forum.

It may say The Last Empire Club on the banner now, but on my bookmark label it still says Anti-Zuffa Top Team.

Not feeling the hate Jingles, not feeling the hate.

The foundation of this place was hatred. Let the foundation weaken and our palace (ok, tent) will fall.
KSW
KSW

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:03 pm
We are the saviours of mma, no one else sticks up for global mma.
Jingles
Jingles

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:10 pm
The problem with that is then you're no longer an alternative viewpoint who embraces MMA, regardless of the org, then you're just as dogmatic as the "zuffa zombies" you despise. And yeah, anyone who dismisses a fighter because they don't fight for the UFC is dumb, since there's basically no one who's never been anything other than a UFC fighter (I think it's just Liddell, Ortiz and Penn)

For myself, I just like MMA. I'll watch anything. I can, on some level, enjoy Houston Alexander's retarded leg punching at "MMA Pit Fighting, Genesis" (i've an unjustifiable soft spot for Houston Alexander) or Jon Fitch's patient, grindy style, or Khalidov neatly submitting matt lindland, or Will Chope being so much better than his physiolygy would suggest (6'4 bantamweight, go figure). It's all just MMA.
KSW
KSW

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 pm
Jingles wrote:The problem with that is then you're no longer an alternative viewpoint who embraces MMA, regardless of the org, then you're just as dogmatic as the "zuffa zombies" you despise. And yeah, anyone who dismisses a fighter because they don't fight for the UFC is dumb, since there's basically no one who's never been anything other than a UFC fighter (I think it's just Liddell, Ortiz and Penn)

For myself, I just like MMA. I'll watch anything. I can, on some level, enjoy Houston Alexander's retarded leg punching at "MMA Pit Fighting, Genesis" (i've an unjustifiable soft spot for Houston Alexander) or Jon Fitch's patient, grindy style, or Khalidov neatly submitting matt lindland, or Will Chope being so much better than his physiolygy would suggest (6'4 bantamweight, go figure). It's all just MMA.
We support all fighters including the UFC fighters. Zombies support UFC fighters only. We´re a movement and we´ll change the world, just keep the faith. In the future fans will call the sport MMA, not UFC.
brace
brace

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:25 pm
Jingles wrote:Oh, sorry.

ZUFFA IS TERRIBLE AND POWERED BY THE SOULS OF DEAD INFANTS. 8.8 MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING A FIGHT IS A TERRIBLE FAILURE.

better?

Yes.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:04 pm
M-1 Global event trounces UFC on Fox event - Page 2 M-1-global

M-1 Global event trounces UFC on Fox event - Page 2 Fedor_vadim_finkelchtein

We takin over.
Racic
Racic

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:19 pm
the m1 event looked awesome!

love it.

it will grow and be huge.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 pm
By the way Jingles, hating zuffa doesn't mean hating the ufc. I hate everything zuffa stands for and does but still enjoy some fights in the ufc. Many of my all time favorite fighters are in the ufc for that matter. This place was also not founded on hate like you said but love for MMA.

If you love MMA you will hate what zuffa does because it's pretty much all bad for the sport.
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:10 am
Jingles wrote:Oh, sorry.

better?

We arent sheep who would follow every new hype that comes along.

Jingles wrote:The problem with that is then you're no longer an alternative viewpoint who embraces MMA, regardless of the org, then you're just as dogmatic as the "zuffa zombies" you despise. And yeah, anyone who dismisses a fighter because they don't fight for the UFC is dumb, since there's basically no one who's never been anything other than a UFC fighter (I think it's just Liddell, Ortiz and Penn)

Its not just having an alternative viewpoint.

Its realizing that there are fighters there who have shown better skills and or who have a better chance, but yet arent regarded as top opponents simply because they havent had the opportunities to the hyped up by Zuffa, who you have to admit are very American biased. All im saying is that dont fall for these idiotic Zuffa hype of having the newest best and baddest every single year. Let JJ earn his stripes and let him defend the belf several more times before hyping him up to the highest heavens.

the m1 event looked awesome!

love it.

it will grow and be huge.

I was pleasantly surprisde how flawless and successful it was.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:19 am
I honestly can't wait for the next M-1 show that Fedor will be on. Things can only go uphill from here. The GOAT brings a positive vibe with him where ever he goes. There are only a select few fighters who do this.
Wand and Nog also being one of them just naming a few off the top of my head. It's just such a joy to watch these guys still win let alone fight at the highest level.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum