GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Shogun pre-fight interview for Shogun vs Henderson Empty Shogun pre-fight interview for Shogun vs Henderson

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:37 am
I love both Hendo and Shogun.... how they fight... how they are all about humility, honor and respect.

On a more serious note, I would have Shogun's babies if ever I got gender reassignment surgery. No offence Dan'o. I don't think I could take a giant Hendo-sized square cranium coming out of my newly constructed 'round' holio.

IMO - Mauricio the most naturally talented MMA fighter we've seen yet. I been waiting for this match-up for years.

I think if Hendo tries to stand for too much of the fight with Shogun... Shogoon will pick him a part. It's not gonna be so easy for Hendo to land his big shot against a very good Muay Thai defense. If it goes to the ground, I think Shogun is much to good off his back lose the fight there. Holding Shogun in the clinch against the cage won't win this fight for Dan.

Like in all Hendo's fights though... he only has to land one good solid power shot and his opponent is sleeping before he hits the canvas.

Hopefully both are 100% and it's a classic battle. 8)

Mauricio Rua opens up on decision to train in Brazil for UFC 139 bout
by Joe Rice - Nov 16/11
www.mmatraining.com

Longtime light heavyweight icon Mauricio “Shogun” Rua has been known for mixing up his training camps in the past depending on his opponent, bouncing back and forth between gyms in the United States and Brazil. For his headlining tilt against fellow former champion Dan Henderson, set to take place this weekend at UFC 139, Rua opted to keep things close to home though not based on convenience.

“I chose Sao Paolo for this camp because it is known for its great boxing,” Rua explained in a recent interview with the UFC promoting Saturday night’s show. “It’s important to have good boxing skills going into a fight with Dan Henderson. It’s a big part of his game. I can train more strategically in a more private manner which is very important.”

Rua also revealed he had expected to fight Henderson years ago and is glad they will finally have a chance to test each other inside the ring.

“I really respect Dan as a fighter…he’s someone I admire very much,” said Rua. “He’s been at the top of his game for a long time and I enjoy watching him fight. This fight was supposed to happen a long time ago. Back in the PRIDE days. We always thought we would end up fighting each other and it never happened. I think this is the right time now for this to happen. I am very honored and happy to fight Dan.”

Check out the full interview with Rua below...

Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Shogun pre-fight interview for Shogun vs Henderson Empty Re: Shogun pre-fight interview for Shogun vs Henderson

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:05 am
Great weekend of fights. Not sure who to pick though I give shogun the edge.

Shogun pre-fight interview for Shogun vs Henderson Empty Re: Shogun pre-fight interview for Shogun vs Henderson

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:44 am
Dagwood wrote:

On a more serious note, I would have Shogun's babies if ever I got gender reassignment surgery. No offence Dan'o. I don't think I could take a giant Hendo-sized square cranium coming out of my newly constructed 'round' holio.

I have to agree here Laughing
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:47 am
This makes the fight something extra..
This fight was supposed to happen a long time ago. Back in the PRIDE days. We always thought we would end up fighting each other and it never happened.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:50 am
Apres Moi wrote:Great weekend of fights. Not sure who to pick though I give shogun the edge.
Yeah Shogun is too fast for hendo but Dan is stronger. I don´t know about Shoguns gas tank, maybe Dan can wear him out. I pick Shogun via GNP.
brace
brace

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 pm
Crazy fight long time coming with some deep history. It's hard for me to call it for Shogun. Somehow Hendo seems invincible now. But I can see Shogun taking the decision. That said Dan knocked out not one or two Brazzo back in the day..

Aftermath of the fight is pretty fun: if Dan wins he would have beaten both Rua brothers. Then he needs a win against Rogerio Lil Nog, so he could be one to beat both Ruas and both Nogueiras..
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:41 pm
Dan peaked late as a fighter. It almost feels like he´s in his prime now Very Happy
brace
brace

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:46 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Dan peaked late as a fighter. It almost feels like he´s in his prime now Very Happy

Seriously.. wtf?
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm
I mean Dan has been looking awesome lately. I haven´t seen many fighters perform like he does at 40.
brace
brace

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:13 pm
TRT?

someone had to say it.. Shogun pre-fight interview for Shogun vs Henderson 331372620
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm
oh, now I get it Embarassed
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 pm
Still though, Dan has also evolved a great deal throughout his career as well. Clearly he's worked hard at it. And maybe had a little help.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm
I'm sure the TRT doesn't hurt. Dan looked more buff in the Fedor than I had ever seen. Much more solid than in his old days. Shogun by TKO.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum