GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Shogun vs Henderson, what the heck? Empty Shogun vs Henderson, what the heck?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:46 pm
What the heck was that? Shogun's strategy was the worst I have ever seen. Why did he come out trying to go for takedowns, especially after it wasn't working and he was getting busted up, instead of using his kicks (a weapon Henderson doesn't have). Makes no sense. Henderson tends to get more tired as a fight goes on, use low kicks and front kicks to wear him down and keep him off you, then go for the kill after the first couple of rounds.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Shogun vs Henderson, what the heck? Empty Re: Shogun vs Henderson, what the heck?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:47 pm
And using his takedowns later, when Henderson is more tired would work much better, like they did, except Shogun wouldn't have been so beat down.
brace
brace

Shogun vs Henderson, what the heck? Empty Re: Shogun vs Henderson, what the heck?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 pm
You can say "what the fuck," it's ok.

But yeah I can't believe Shogun and Hendo are not dead. That was crazy shit..
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 pm
That was crazy, I almost expected a draw breaking it down by rounds because I thought Shogun won the last one 10-8 since Henderson didn't do anything, but I thought Henderson deserved the win since he came closer to finishing multiple times, did more damage and won the first 3 rounds.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:55 pm
lol And I don't use bad language.
brace
brace

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 pm
Oh yeah, I forgot you were a southern gentleman

Shogun vs Henderson, what the heck? 331372620

I also thought last round was 10-8. But I think it was one of those fights that either one of them could've won. Hendo was beating the shit out of Shogun for at least half that fight and vice versa.

Do you know what was the final card score? There was no sound in portal..
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 am
...omfg i just witnessed arguably the greatest fight in MMA history....there needs to be a REMATCH ASAP and HUAH needs to win it this time jesus fucking christ what a fight ..

Dan was winning the first 2 rounds and maybe even the 3rd but I would've loved this fight to have ended a DRAW
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:01 am
48-47 all 3 cards

Epic fight
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:02 am
48-47, I guess Henderson could have maybe had a 10-8 round as well (I believe it was the 3rd round) when he came razor close to finishing Shogun, I thought they were going to stop it. Almost finishing someone like that counts a lot in my book.

If Henderson can get on top of Jones like and swarm him I don't think Jones' chin can take it. But Henderson can't sit back and eat kicks all day like Rampage did.

Last edited by Kinosis on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
brace
brace

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:03 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:...omfg i just witnessed arguably the greatest fight in MMA history....there needs to be a REMATCH ASAP and HUAH needs to win it this time jesus fucking christ what a fight ..

Dan was winning the first 2 rounds and maybe even the 3rd but I would've loved this fight to have ended a DRAW

FOTY no doubt and instant classic
brace
brace

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 am
Kinosis wrote:48-47, I guess Henderson could have maybe had a 10-8 round as well (I believe it was the 3rd round) when he came razor close to finishing Shogun, I thought they were going to stop it. Almost finishing someone like that counts a lot in my book.

If Henderson can get on top of Jones like and swarm him I don't think Jones' chin can take it. But Henderson can't sit back and eat kicks all day like Rampage did.

Good call, I see that one being 10-8 too. Ridiculous heart from Shogun..
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 am
And just to throw it out there, i hate dana white. I was watching the post fight press conference and he just said "I don't care what the fans think." in reference to last weeks fight and what the fans want. Total disrespect to the people who pay his salary. I just turned it off, I can't even stand listening to that guy.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:13 am
fuck that bald juiced small dicked pig,

Tonight is a VICTORY for Wand + Shogun/Hendo cheers
Adax

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:16 am
i would've been just as happy with Shogun winning or a draw.

epic fight was epic. no end result, whatever way it could've ended up, was going to take away from the excitement i got from what i just watched.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:39 am

Under PRIDE scoring Shogun wins with all the TD's, mounts & top-control. By more than a bit. The striking got almost to evened out over the whole fight standing and on the ground. Maybe Dan by a bit on the strikes.

Hendo got mounted more than Joe Silva at the Monday morning UFC staff meeting. Smile

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:46 am
Leave it to two of the best Pride had to offer to give us what was arguably the best UFC fight of the Zuffa era. Was it a coincidence? Was Nog-Herring a coincidence too than?

Not to take anything away from the fighters performance by way of trivialization, tremendous effort by both guys. Two guys that wanted the win, and gave it everything they had. I think Shogun came out looking to strike and throw some kicks, but Henderson derailed his plans by almost knocking his head into the second aisle with his right hand. Incredible fight. Too bad that Hendo gassed, but I think he shot his load in that third round.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:50 am
Dagwood wrote:
Under PRIDE scoring Shogun wins with all the TD's, mounts & top-control. By more than a bit. The striking got almost to evened out over the whole fight standing and on the ground. Maybe Dan by a bit on the strikes.

Hendo got mounted more than Joe Silva at the Monday morning UFC staff meeting. Smile

I don't know about that.

Hendo did the greater damage in the fight.

And under Pride rules, Henderson would have fought a very different fight. He's a gamer, and plays by the criteria. If it was Pride scoring, his strategy would've adjusted accordingly, so you can't really compare the fights.

Which isn't to necessarily say of course that Shogun may not have won if the fight was in a Pride ring under Pride rules.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum