GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC sings russian Sambo champ

+4
KSW
monaroCountry
Dagwood
Hollywood Dang
8 posters
Go down
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

UFC sings russian Sambo champ  Empty UFC sings russian Sambo champ

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:51 pm
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/11/17/2568452/ufc-signs-russian-combat-sambo-champion-khabib-nurmagomedov

Undefeated Russian prospect Khabib Nurmagomedov has signed a six-fight deal to compete in the UFC's lightweight division.

The signing comes courtesy of Nurmagomedov's management team at MVC Sports Management, who confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.

At 23-years of age, Nurmagomedov is already 16-0 as a professional MMA fighter, while also becoming a 3-time Russian Combat Sambo champion.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

UFC sings russian Sambo champ  Empty Re: UFC sings russian Sambo champ

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:58 pm
Ha! Now their signing M-1 cast-offs. JK Wink

Looks like Zuffa's making a concerted effort to recruit in eastern Europe and Russia. Hope this doesn't go well for them. Bringing top-teir Combat Sambo guys with their much better striking and great submission grappling will be a waste in the UFC under Unified Rules.

There could be a bit of spite recruiting going on here. What do I mean 'could'???

monaroCountry

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:38 am
You know what though?

Hopefully this guy decimates UFC's lightweight division and shows zombies just how good the talent in Europe. Getting too many European fighters wont do Zuffa's PPV any favors though. Zombies typically cheer and support Americans.

Zuffa now hiring M1 castoffs Razz
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 am
So now they´re stealing our talents. Will be interesting to see this guy in the cage but I would rather see him in M-1.
brace
brace

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:41 pm
I think an interest will rise in European/Caucasian fighters if this guy succeeds. They are underrepresented in the UFC. I will think of this guy fights as a UFC M1 co-promotion lol.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:11 pm
brace wrote:I think an interest will rise in European/Caucasian fighters if this guy succeeds. They are underrepresented in the UFC. I will think of this guy fights as a UFC M1 co-promotion lol.

I really hope that happens, those guys are not only good fighters but exciting as fuck. It's about time for them to give a chance to these guys that are real fighters and not boring college wrestlers.

Can't wait to see what this guy and Blagoi in Bellator will bring.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 pm
Dont be fooled by this signing, they are trying to lure the GOAT once again to sign a slave contract with the UFC by using this poor comrade as bait. The BBF and the mobsters are sneaky little fucks.
brace
brace

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:35 am
^ RTT is p4p
KOTC>UFC

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:21 pm
He's going to destroy everyone in the watered-down, overrated UFC LW division. BBF is going to cry when his LW flavour-of-the-week gets dominated by an M-1 castoff.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum