GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TehPackage
TehPackage

Paul Daley arrested after bar brawl. Out of Bellator tourney! Empty Paul Daley arrested after bar brawl. Out of Bellator tourney!

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:41 pm
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/25/3803280/paul-daley-arrested-assault-bar-fight-bellator-spike-tv-debut-mma Paul Daley (and probably Bjorn Rebney) isn't having much of a Merry Christmas.

Today (Dec. 25, 2012), the Bellator Welterweight has been arrested on an assault charge in connection with a recent bar fight, according to a report from Josh Gross of ESPN. If found guilty of the charge, "Semtex" could face up to two years in prison.

In the meantime, the legal woes will force Daley out of his Bellator tournament debut, as he was originally set to compete against "War Machine" after an online vote by the fans. The plug was pulled on the 170-pound showdown, which was expected to be the first-ever Bellator fight featured on Spike TV on Jan. 17, 2013, earlier this month because "War Machine" injured his leg in training.

Daley, who has competed in mixed martial arts (MMA) organizations, including the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), Strikeforce, Elite XC, and now Bellator, has always been a pretty controversial fighter. His antics have included missing weight on multiple occasions, punching Josh Koscheck after the final bell of their fight at UFC 113, as well as an overall attitude that has made him a polarizing character in MMA.

Nonetheless, he is a highly skilled fighter, specifically in striking. He has had a total of 44 professional MMA fights and also competed as a professional kickboxer throughout his combat sports career. Daley has competed with notable fighters including Nick Diaz, Josh Koscheck, Martin Kampmann and many more.

His next fight in Bellator was to be his second in the promotion after beating down Rudy Bears in his debut. Daley, who hails from the United Kingdom, will be unable to enter the United States until his current legal situation is resolved.

Last edited by TehPackage on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TehPackage
TehPackage

Paul Daley arrested after bar brawl. Out of Bellator tourney! Empty Re: Paul Daley arrested after bar brawl. Out of Bellator tourney!

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:43 pm
Although Daley has made some dumb choices in the past.Theres no details so we should wait before we call Daley a moron etc.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Paul Daley arrested after bar brawl. Out of Bellator tourney! Empty Re: Paul Daley arrested after bar brawl. Out of Bellator tourney!

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:04 am
Damn that sucks. Hopefully he can return to the Bellator cage soon.
loyalty13
loyalty13

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:32 am
“It seems as though (sp) a mass press release has gone out to the MMA media stating I was involved (in a) bar brawl, arrested, and cannot obtain a P-1 visa to compete in the USA. I am currently awaiting a decision on my visa, which is not expected until late April. Which means I am unable to compete in the season 8 Bellator tournament, as it starts in January,”
Daley wrote in a message via Facebook.

“I will be fighting in Europe in the coming months, so I am able to stay active while awaiting a decision on my visa status. I was not involved in a bar brawl. This is 100-percent a false statement.”
http://ht.ly/gm3V5
KSW
KSW

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:36 am
loyalty13 wrote:
“It seems as though (sp) a mass press release has gone out to the MMA media stating I was involved (in a) bar brawl, arrested, and cannot obtain a P-1 visa to compete in the USA. I am currently awaiting a decision on my visa, which is not expected until late April. Which means I am unable to compete in the season 8 Bellator tournament, as it starts in January,”

“I will be fighting in Europe in the coming months, so I am able to stay active while awaiting a decision on my visa status. I was not involved in a bar brawl. This is 100-percent a false statement.”
Thanks Paul Daley arrested after bar brawl. Out of Bellator tourney! 469908358 Nice to see Daley in europe.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:34 pm
TehPackage wrote:Although Daley has made some dumb choices in the past.Theres no details so we should wait before we call Daley a moron etc.

He is a moron, for being out in bars close to a fight.

I don't care about any of the other stuff.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 pm
loyalty13 wrote:

Than, who knows.

And who the hell even cares.

Not that I wasn't looking forward to the fight.
wekka
wekka

Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:02 am
It's shame we couldn't see a potential fight with Lima any time soon :/

Spike really wants the War Machine fight instead, anyways. For some disgusting reason.
CcCcc
CcCcc

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm
as an a mma fightr he needs not to threw punches at innocnt people but saves all that for the cage ands while he is a traingng. This is not acceptable acts from and mma fighters
Davidson 45
Davidson 45

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:41 pm
This guy has so much potential. I hope everything works out and he begins to make better decisions.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum