GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time

+13
Junkyard Log
Wolfman
Dapperdoo
Dagwood
monaroCountry
IQ Wrestler
wekka
BlackZeus
theiconfedor
CDF47
Adax
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
17 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time  Empty The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time

Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Last edited by PRIDE FC on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time  Empty Re: The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 pm
Another great highlight man. Very Happy
KSW
KSW

The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time  Empty Re: The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:Another great highlight man. Very Happy
Cool that you liked it. Fed is the Michael Jordan of mma.
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 am
Look at the comments on mmashare Mad
1. Anderson Silva
2. GSP
3. Jon Jones
4. Jose Aldo
5. Dan Henderson
6. BJ Penn
7. Matt Hughes
8.Mauricio Shogun
9. Vitor Belfort
10. Wanderlei Silva

and just so you know i would put rampage jackson over those in the same boat such as fedor,mirko, and gomi hence jacksons much smoother transition into West Coast MMA.
http://mmashare.mmavista.com/mma-videos-f35/the-greatest-mma-fighter-of-all-time-t63118.html#p1168335
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 am
f*ck those haters, what gets me is they give so much credit to the guys that did well in ufc but they forget some of the same guys repeatedly got own3d in PRIDE so it kind of evens each other out, not to mention one was when you were younger and should have been better while the other is when you are older and for the most part not as good anymore.
Adax

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm
MMAshare has gone full retard.

Great work on the HL man.
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 pm
All respect to Anderson Silva but he never fought anyone like prime Cro Cop or prime Nog. Fedor beat many great fighters in their prime. The Randleman, Coleman and Fujita Fedor fought would destroy most UFC Heavyweights today. Fedor also beat prime Sobral, prime Arona, prime Schilt, prime Herring, prime Goodridge, prime Hunt, prime Lindland, prime Arlovski, prime Sylvia and prime Rogers. Fedor is the P4P GOAT by far
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 pm
Excellent video!

Fedor is the P4P GOAT, no doubt about it. Even the country of Brazil agrees.

GOAT P4P:
1. Fedor
2. A. Silva
KSW
KSW

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:47 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:All respect to Anderson Silva but he never fought anyone like prime Cro Cop or prime Nog. Fedor beat many great fighters in their prime. The Randleman, Coleman and Fujita Fedor fought would destroy most UFC Heavyweights today. Fedor also beat prime Sobral, prime Arona, prime Schilt, prime Herring, prime Goodridge, prime Hunt, prime Lindland, prime Arlovski, prime Sylvia and prime Rogers. Fedor is the P4P GOAT by far
This
theiconfedor
theiconfedor

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 am
Great highlight as usual mate.The first time I heard mark petrie release this it had Fedor written all over it.There will never be another Fedor,a once in a lifetime entity.Sounds like their sharing needles over there at MMAshare...
BlackZeus
BlackZeus

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:39 am
Anderson
KSW
KSW

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 pm
BlackZeus wrote:Anderson
Why?
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 pm
BlackZeus wrote:Anderson
I disagree, would like to hear your point of view.
BlackZeus
BlackZeus

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:38 pm
Why isn't he?
BlackZeus
BlackZeus

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:46 pm
Because he didn't win a belt or dominate in pride I presume will be your strongest argument.
wekka
wekka

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:52 pm
As of now, i'm still sticking by Fedor but as the sport continues on, you could easily see cases for Anderson and Jones possibly overtaking him.

Regardless if that time comes, Fedor will remain the greatest fighter i've ever seen and my absolute favorite.
Adax

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:59 pm
BlackZeus wrote:Because he didn't win a belt or dominate in pride I presume will be your strongest argument.

Organizations aren't what matters, Fedor fought better competition(being their rankings at the time and past championships) consistently throughout his career.

When opponents names come to mind Fedor's list tops Anderson's IMO.

Anderson I can come up with MAJOR WINS: Mach, Newton, Franklin, and Hendo. Maybe you could tag in Murray, Marquardt, and Vitor tops.

Fedor brings up, MAJOR WINS: Nog, CroCop, Schilt, Randleman, Alovski, Sylvia, and then tag in Coleman, Fujita, Herring, Babalu, even our beloved Hunto.

They've both defeated some awesome opponents and champions of combat sports but Fedor takes it easy.

Now what's you're reasoning for Anderson being tops? No need to make assumptions or get aggressive, we want everyone to voice their opinion.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:25 pm
BlackZeus wrote:Because he didn't win a belt or dominate in pride I presume will be your strongest argument.
Please don't judge us so quickly, since fedor didnt win a belt or dominate in ufc does that mean he's not goat? See what I did there? And I agree with audax that Mach, Newton, Franklin, and Hendo and vitor are his top wins imo. And thats a good list but its not as impressive as Fedors imo. ALso keep in mind Fedor did must of this under brutal rules compaired to todays watered down set.

The problem with these kind of threads is over time people tend to forget just how good a fighter was Ex: Fedor,Wand, Crop cop, SAKU, ect They only remember what they saw last. However some of us that remember quite well and got to see things unfold back then tend to reflect a lil better on it. 20 years from now their will be some kid, dropping and subbing guys left and right and people will claim he is the goat, opinions change as time goes on, but it doesn't make them fact.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:50 pm
This isn't Saku
The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time  4178444241
BlackZeus
BlackZeus

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 am
AudaxSmoke wrote:

Organizations aren't what matters, Fedor fought better competition(being their rankings at the time and past championships) consistently throughout his career.

Anderson I can come up with MAJOR WINS: Mach, Newton, Franklin, and Hendo. Maybe you could tag in Murray, Marquardt, and Vitor tops.

Fedor brings up, MAJOR WINS: Nog, CroCop, Schilt, Randleman, Alovski, Sylvia, and then tag in Coleman, Fujita, Herring, Babalu, even our beloved Hunto.

They've both defeated some awesome opponents and champions of combat sports but Fedor takes it easy.

Now what's you're reasoning for Anderson being tops? No need to make assumptions or get aggressive, we want everyone to voice their opinion.

Mach
Murray
Newton
Hendo
Okami
Sonnen
Marquardt
Griffin
Franklin 2x's
Vitor
Maia

No way in hell, is Fujita, Hunt and Herring equivalent to Vitor and Marquardt. Former champions in their own right. Now, Anderson and Fedor are around the same age, started their careers relatively around the same time (Anderson actually started his MMA career first and is just a tad older). They have both beaten some great fighters and beaten a lot of cans, but I wouldn't say Fedor's resume is more impressive at all. I would actually put them even based on the fact that Fedor competed at HW and it was in Pride, which we all LOVED SO MUCH. But an aspect everyone always fails to realize is that Fedor was basically the only COMPLETE MARTIAL ARTIST to compete at HW during his reign. Anderson dominates in an era where most guys know everything or at least are highly adept in about two or three disciplines. Yes Fedor beat most of them at their own game, but that was their ONLY game.

Anderson took his losses early in his career, to not so good opponents who were by no means complete fighters either, because he was not yet a good mixed martial artist or complete himself. As he got older he got better. Honed his skills. Tightened up his all around game. Anderson won championships in three different organizations. Then there is his current streak and records. The amount of finishes. How can you deny the amount of title defenses in MMA in this day and age? Fedor's streak was impressive as fuck but he didn't do it defending a title. Plus how can you deny "Like Water"? How can you deny having a hurt rib and calling a Babe Ruth like submission that you happen to pull off with about a minute left in a fight you spent getting wrestle raped to death and eating about 300 punches from a guy juiced to his gills?? Anderson has a granite chin. Plus when Fedor came to the states he lost three times. Badly. Anderson dominated in both ring and cage. I have much respect for Fedor and I put him and Anderson at about the same level but Anderson in my eyes would get the slight edge just because he hasn't fallen off and won across many platforms and many divisions.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time  Empty rant

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 am
Just my 2 cents but imo the whole new breed evolution is complete bullshit. Sure at one point this was true back in the early 90's but by 2001 people had been cross training for years. Shit Myself for example by 2000 I was a blue belt in bjj and had been doing striking Muay Thai/ Karate for years.(even made the k-1 tryout back in 98 in vegas as other members have already herd my stories about) I don't see the guys at the top now doing anything better then the guys at the top back then, if anything imo people are not as good as they once were. Back then people like today were good at multiple styles however back then the people up top were also a Master of at least one style.( And yes I think of Anderson as part of the old school so yea there is a few around but look at the tuffers for the most part they look like bums)
Im prob straying off here but just felt it needed to be said.
wekka
wekka

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:19 am
I have to say that Herring is a good victory at the time, he was a top heavyweight at the time. Fujita and Hunt is pushing it though. Fujita was a good heavyweight but.he.was.really nothing more than a gatekeeper honestly, he was.only.thrown into the fight against Fedor by virtue of being Japan's best chance of having a heavyweight champion at the.time.

As for Hunt, he was a very one.dimensional fighter. Tough as nails and talented, but.one.dimensional.
monaroCountry

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:53 am
Fujita and Hunt were very dangerous and shouldnt be regarded as cans both would win against many current UFC fighters.
KSW
KSW

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:56 am
Anderson didn´t beat the best Hendo because he´s much better at LHW. Jake Shields dominated Hendo at MW.
KSW
KSW

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:03 am
BlackZeus wrote:
AudaxSmoke wrote:

Mach
Murray
Newton
Hendo
Okami
Sonnen
Marquardt
Griffin
Franklin 2x's
Vitor
Maia

No way in hell, is Fujita, Hunt and Herring equivalent to Vitor and Marquardt. Former champions in their own right. Now, Anderson and Fedor are around the same age, started their careers relatively around the same time (Anderson actually started his MMA career first and is just a tad older). They have both beaten some great fighters and beaten a lot of cans, but I wouldn't say Fedor's resume is more impressive at all. I would actually put them even based on the fact that Fedor competed at HW and it was in Pride, which we all LOVED SO MUCH. But an aspect everyone always fails to realize is that Fedor was basically the only COMPLETE MARTIAL ARTIST to compete at HW during his reign. Anderson dominates in an era where most guys know everything or at least are highly adept in about two or three disciplines. Yes Fedor beat most of them at their own game, but that was their ONLY game.

Anderson took his losses early in his career, to not so good opponents who were by no means complete fighters either, because he was not yet a good mixed martial artist or complete himself. As he got older he got better. Honed his skills. Tightened up his all around game. Anderson won championships in three different organizations. Then there is his current streak and records. The amount of finishes. How can you deny the amount of title defenses in MMA in this day and age? Fedor's streak was impressive as fuck but he didn't do it defending a title. Plus how can you deny "Like Water"? How can you deny having a hurt rib and calling a Babe Ruth like submission that you happen to pull off with about a minute left in a fight you spent getting wrestle raped to death and eating about 300 punches from a guy juiced to his gills?? Anderson has a granite chin. Plus when Fedor came to the states he lost three times. Badly. Anderson dominated in both ring and cage. I have much respect for Fedor and I put him and Anderson at about the same level but Anderson in my eyes would get the slight edge just because he hasn't fallen off and won across many platforms and many divisions.
Anderson never fought anyone like a prime Nog or prime Cro Cop. Anderson should have competed against the elite in the UFC LHW division. The PRIDE HW division was much better than the UFC MW division.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum