GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit

+9
Heretic
Adax
PRIDE NEVER DIE
wekka
TehPackage
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sodak
CDF47
Dorch
13 posters
Go down
Dorch
Dorch

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit Empty Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:21 pm
http://www.bjpenn.com/nick-diaz-no-shows-ufc-158-open-workouts-dana-white-not-happy-ufc-news/

Nick Diaz no-shows UFC 158 open workouts; Dana White not happy | UFC News

Yes you read correctly, Nick Diaz has missed yet another media obligation in advance of his UFC 158 welterweight title fight against champion Georges St. Pierre.

Diaz was supposed to participate in todays UFC 158 open media workouts, however, to the surprise of fans, media and UFC president Dana White, the Stockton slugger was nowhere to be found.

This isn’t the first time that Nick has failed to show up for media obligations, if you remember, Diaz was pulled from his first title shot opposite GSP for missing a pair of pre-fight press conferences for the UFC 137 event.

The open media workouts are used as an opportunity for fighters to reveal anything they’ve been working on in training, perhaps give a glimpse of their conditioning and of course, do some pre-fight media scrums with the press.

Ariel Helwani of mmafighting.com was the first to notice the absence of Diaz:

@arielhelwani – Diaz was supposed to be here 45 mins ago. They are looking to track him down. Still no sign of him at the workouts.

Ariel Helwani reached out to Diaz’s manager and trainer Cesar Gracie for an explanation:

@arielhelwani – @cesargraciebjj just told me Nick is not coming to the workouts. “7 hour plane ride while cutting weight is tough. Decided to rest up.”

According to Gracie, UFC President Dana White had given Nick permission to skip the workout:

@arielhelwani – @cesargraciebjj tells me now: “Dana previously OK’ed Nick not being at the workout.”

Here’s where things get weird… White was a guest on the Jim Rome show today and he seemed rather shocked that Diaz didn’t show up for the open workouts. Here is what Dana had to say:

“I literally just found out Nick Diaz did not show up for the open workouts today in Montreal….Let me tell you what, there is no shtick with this kid, I mean it’s – he’s just a different animal man, he’s absolutely hard to deal with.”

The fired up UFC President also discussed what could happen if Diaz fails to show up to tomorrow’s UFC 158 pre-fight press conference:

“If he wins, you know, we are seriously going to have to have a ‘come to Jesus meeting,’ you know what I mean? The guy is very, very hard to deal with, we’ll see what happens. I got to tell you this, though, I leave tonight for Montreal. The press conference is tomorrow, I’m excited for the press conference and I’m definitely excited for the weigh-ins ’cause, you never know what you’re going to get. Well, let me tell you what, if he does not show up tomorrow for the press conference, it is not going to be good. I don’t know what I’ll say or what I’m going to do, but I’ll tell you what — it will not be good.”

So what happens if Diaz does go on to win the title this Saturday night in Montreal you ask? Would he continue to get away with no-showing his media obligations? UFC President Dana White says no chance:

“If he wins the title he’s going to have to come to Vegas and we’re going to have to sit down and we did this already when we signed his new deal, but I’m going to have to tell him, ‘If you miss anything, I will strip you of this title,’ and you know what I mean? I don’t know what else to do. I really don’t know what else to do.”

I really couldnt give a shit if nick shows up for that but i hope he doesnt get stripped of his shot for not giving a shit. Shit...

G-MMA Rankings

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit Empty Re: Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:00 pm
Diaz just doesn't give a shit. He will show up to weigh-ins and on fight night. Dana will probably be praying that he loses.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Sodak
Sodak

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm
More reason to root for Diaz haha. Sure Dana knew about him missing, hes just trying to push the bad boy image he's trying to create. ZUFFA showing again that hype and propaganda is more important to them than fighters and fights. "strip him of his title"? Fuck off.

War Nick!

We know whats up, the fight will speak for itself I could care less about their fake as hype and so called press conferences.

Nick doesn't want to inconvenience himself or go out of his way to promote his fight and why should he? they get what? 1% of the profits. and treated like shit by the organization.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:22 pm
Dana better pray Nick doesn't win by some miraculous TKO, because he'll be by far the worst champion he's had to manage since Tito.

Not sure why they're even trying to push Nick, honestly.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:11 pm
Sodak wrote:More reason to root for Diaz haha. Sure Dana knew about him missing, hes just trying to push the bad boy image he's trying to create. ZUFFA showing again that hype and propaganda is more important to them than fighters and fights. "strip him of his title"? Fuck off.

War Nick!

We know whats up, the fight will speak for itself I could care less about their fake as hype and so called press conferences.

Nick doesn't want to inconvenience himself or go out of his way to promote his fight and why should he? they get what? 1% of the profits. and treated like shit by the organization.
If its in his contract then he needs to be a fuckin man and do it. Dont agree to something you dont want to do it. Treated like shit? He brings it on himself.
wekka
wekka

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:39 pm
He's an awkward dude and I don't blame him.

Stuff like this shouldn't really matter, but i'm sure it's mandatory, unfortunately.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:56 pm
I wouldn't doubt this is all a work in order for dana to play up Diaz "bad boy" image.

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
Adax

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm
Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit Sleep_10

Sleep > Zuffa nonsense

Reality > Zuffa hype
Sodak
Sodak

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm
TehPackage wrote:
Treated like shit? He brings it on himself.

He got fired because he wouldn't go on elimidate for dana, gets snubbed for years, couldn't even corner his own brother at UFCs, gets dropped from his long overdue title shot for missing some bullshit circlejerk no one cared about, gets shit talked continually in the media by the company, then gets booked in the cheapest ass coach plane seats ZUFFA can buy for a fight that's gonna net ZUFFA 30 plus million dollars, and then apparently is expected to wake up early the next day and go do shit for them? I'd say screw it too.
Adax

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:10 pm
Sodak wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

He got fired because he wouldn't go on elimidate for dana, gets snubbed for years, couldn't even corner his own brother at UFCs, gets dropped from his long overdue title shot for missing some bullshit circlejerk no one cared about, gets shit talked continually in the media by the company, then gets booked in the cheapest ass coach plane seats ZUFFA can buy for a fight that's gonna net ZUFFA 30 plus million dollars, and then apparently is expected to wake up early the next day and go do shit for them? I'd say screw it too.

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit Citizen_cane

It’s pathetic how much people have tried to force the heel role onto Nick for so many years.
wekka
wekka

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 pm
I'm not going to lie, but seeing Nick Diaz on Elimidate would have been the greatest thing on television.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 pm
Sodak wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

He re-signed with the UFC. He didnt have to. He fucked up the first fight. He retired like a fucking cry-baby after losing. Failed a drug test. He knew he couldnt have weed in his system. Hes getting a title shot he doesnt deserve and hes still being a jackass.Dont agree to do something you dont want to do. BE A FUCKING MAN AND DO YOUR JOB INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE RING/CAGE.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 am
AudaxSmoke wrote:
Sodak wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

It’s pathetic how much people have tried to force the heel role onto Nick for so many years.
He signed a contract. Should he not do his job?
Adax

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:59 am
TehPackage wrote:
AudaxSmoke wrote:
Sodak wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

He signed a contract. Should he not do his job?

How much do you genuinely care about the Zuffa media obligations? Is Nick not going to show up to fight or something? Cause that's the only part of his job I care about. I'm not interested in him entertaining Zuffa public relations bullshit, I'm interested in him being able to fight at 100% mentally and physically as to allow for maximum entertainment for anyone who watches.

Because we all know everyone who has ever signed a contract, ever, have never ever had any personal variables. Rolling Eyes

So we must expect everyone to be the exact same fall in line employee? Everyone must follow the production line code or else they are not a man? Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit 722753432
Heretic
Heretic

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:19 am
wekka wrote:I'm not going to lie, but seeing Nick Diaz on Elimidate would have been the greatest thing on television.

+1
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 am
open workouts are a waste of time and energy. good on nick for beating the system.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:37 pm
If the BBF pulls the plug on this fight again 3 days before the fight, the UFC will be the biggest loser here , not the fans. A lot of cash has been dumped into the build up to this. Zuffa will look stupid and Nick will have the last laugh. It's a double edged sword for ZUFFA. Nick Diaz will become champ and Zuffa will have to continue putting up with his no shows.

At the end of the day, Zuffa needs Nick Diaz because they know that he not only is a superior fighter but an oustanding athlete who's personality is GREAT for tv.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 pm
God I hope Diaz wins and i hope its an ass whoopin.

I agree with you TEH he should probably show up, its promotion and he might be getting a PPV cut, its part of the game, but I could care less if he doesn't, I agree with Audax his main job is to show up and fight in his best form, not do all these stupid little things that only matter to ZUFFA, that promo might get 30 people to watch the fight who weren't going to.

What bothers me is ZUFFA and the joke media acting like its such a big deal no one would even blink notice or care if dana wasn't giving these ridiculous responses and desperate media trying to latch onto no stories like its some serious issue.

i'm sure he had his reasons and he should get more respect.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:14 pm
Sodak wrote:God I hope Diaz wins and i hope its an ass whoopin.

I agree with you TEH he should probably show up, its promotion and he might be getting a PPV cut, its part of the game, but I could care less if he doesn't, I agree with Audax his main job is to show up and fight in his best form, not do all these stupid little things that only matter to ZUFFA, that promo might get 30 people to watch the fight who weren't going to.

What bothers me is ZUFFA and the joke media acting like its such a big deal no one would even blink notice or care if dana wasn't giving these ridiculous responses and desperate media trying to latch onto no stories like its some serious issue.

His job is to do what he signed up for. Diaz bitches and moans about money yet he does things that prevent him from making more money.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:16 pm
TehPackage wrote:
Sodak wrote:God I hope Diaz wins and i hope its an ass whoopin.

His job is to do what he signed up for. Diaz bitches and moans about money yet he does things that prevent him from making more money.

diaz is very contradictory of himself yes, as the last presser showed, with the wolf tickets stuff yet he said sorry for saying gsp wasn't injured and was scared which is the same shit dana and gsp do
Fairweather

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 pm
Nick is BOSS! I hope he chokes him out!
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:55 pm
I have to say, I laughed when Nick went at the UFC for its promotion efforts and Dana just had to sit there and stew on it. However, Dana's actions - the eyebrow raising, laughing, eye-rolling, etc. - was kind of pathetic: he tries to make Diaz seem like some crazy dude, when really a lot of what he says is true, and the media lap it up...

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 pm
Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit Tumblr_mjoko1Ii8D1r6bdslo1_500

Nick Diaz will always be my all time favorite fighter.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:I wouldn't doubt this is all a work in order for dana to play up Diaz "bad boy" image.

This definitely crossed my mind.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:10 am
Sodak wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

Great analysis.

Very well put.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum