GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit

+9
Heretic
Adax
PRIDE NEVER DIE
wekka
TehPackage
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sodak
CDF47
Dorch
13 posters
Go down
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 am
TehPackage wrote:
Sodak wrote:
TehPackage wrote:
Treated like shit? He brings it on himself.

He got fired because he wouldn't go on elimidate for dana, gets snubbed for years, couldn't even corner his own brother at UFCs, gets dropped from his long overdue title shot for missing some bullshit circlejerk no one cared about, gets shit talked continually in the media by the company, then gets booked in the cheapest ass coach plane seats ZUFFA can buy for a fight that's gonna net ZUFFA 30 plus million dollars, and then apparently is expected to wake up early the next day and go do shit for them? I'd say screw it too.
He re-signed with the UFC. He didnt have to. He fucked up the first fight. He retired like a fucking cry-baby after losing. Failed a drug test. He knew he couldnt have weed in his system. Hes getting a title shot he doesnt deserve and hes still being a jackass.Dont agree to do something you dont want to do. BE A FUCKING MAN AND DO YOUR JOB INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE RING/CAGE.

He should have done meth, heroine, or cocaine instead. That doesn't stay in your system very long at all.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 am
AudaxSmoke wrote:
TehPackage wrote:
AudaxSmoke wrote:
Sodak wrote:
TehPackage wrote:
Treated like shit? He brings it on himself.

He got fired because he wouldn't go on elimidate for dana, gets snubbed for years, couldn't even corner his own brother at UFCs, gets dropped from his long overdue title shot for missing some bullshit circlejerk no one cared about, gets shit talked continually in the media by the company, then gets booked in the cheapest ass coach plane seats ZUFFA can buy for a fight that's gonna net ZUFFA 30 plus million dollars, and then apparently is expected to wake up early the next day and go do shit for them? I'd say screw it too.

Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit - Page 2 Citizen_cane

It’s pathetic how much people have tried to force the heel role onto Nick for so many years.
He signed a contract. Should he not do his job?

How much do you genuinely care about the Zuffa media obligations? Is Nick not going to show up to fight or something? Cause that's the only part of his job I care about. I'm not interested in him entertaining Zuffa public relations bullshit, I'm interested in him being able to fight at 100% mentally and physically as to allow for maximum entertainment for anyone who watches.

Because we all know everyone who has ever signed a contract, ever, have never ever had any personal variables. Rolling Eyes

So we must expect everyone to be the exact same fall in line employee? Everyone must follow the production line code or else they are not a man? Nick Diaz still doesnt give a shit - Page 2 722753432

Not to mention that fighters are not actually 'employees'. If you want to get technical about it, they are actually independent contractors.

That's probably one of the reasons they are fighters. Not all of them are necessarily the type of people who can really work a 9-5 job.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 am
Sodak wrote:God I hope Diaz wins and i hope its an ass whoopin.

I agree with you TEH he should probably show up, its promotion and he might be getting a PPV cut, its part of the game, but I could care less if he doesn't, I agree with Audax his main job is to show up and fight in his best form, not do all these stupid little things that only matter to ZUFFA, that promo might get 30 people to watch the fight who weren't going to.

What bothers me is ZUFFA and the joke media acting like its such a big deal no one would even blink notice or care if dana wasn't giving these ridiculous responses and desperate media trying to latch onto no stories like its some serious issue.

i'm sure he had his reasons and he should get more respect.

I think Sodak might be the most rational person on global-mma.

Again, great analysis and very well put.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 am
TehPackage wrote:

I agree with you TEH he should probably show up, its promotion and he might be getting a PPV cut, its part of the game, but I could care less if he doesn't, I agree with Audax his main job is to show up and fight in his best form, not do all these stupid little things that only matter to ZUFFA, that promo might get 30 people to watch the fight who weren't going to.

What bothers me is ZUFFA and the joke media acting like its such a big deal no one would even blink notice or care if dana wasn't giving these ridiculous responses and desperate media trying to latch onto no stories like its some serious issue.

His job is to do what he signed up for. Diaz bitches and moans about money yet he does things that prevent him from making more money.

I just have a single question. Have you by any chance had a look at Diaz's contract? Because if you haven't, there is really know concrete basis for what you're saying.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:15 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

His job is to do what he signed up for. Diaz bitches and moans about money yet he does things that prevent him from making more money.

I just have a single question. Have you by any chance had a look at Diaz's contract? Because if you haven't, there is really know concrete basis for what you're saying.
Your right. Im just assuming but isnt promotion and all that jazz part of most fighters contracts?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:35 pm
TehPackage wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

Your right. Im just assuming but isnt promotion and all that jazz part of most fighters contracts?

I would think it might be. Though I'm not really sure. As someone said, Diaz may be getting a PPV cut, in which case he should do the promotion. By extension, if a promoter wants a fighter to cooperate with promotion, they should probably give them an okay cut.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum