GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alvarez Puts Bellator on Blast.

+5
KSW
Dagwood
PRIDE NEVER DIE
rezin
Somnio
9 posters
Go down
Somnio

Alvarez Puts Bellator on Blast.  Empty Alvarez Puts Bellator on Blast.

Sat May 04, 2013 10:50 pm
Eddie Alvarez Blasts Bellator Brass for Bullying Fighters
Posted on May 4, 2013 by Brendhan Conlan

Lightweight Eddie Alvarez has amped up his verbal assault on Bellator after recently acknowledging he would be going to court to settle a contractual dispute and had been forced to jeopardize his savings in order to fight for his freedom to sign with the UFC. This time around, Alvarez pointed a finger at the puppeteers pulling Bellator’s strings for pushing lesser-known competitors around.

According to a series of Tweets from Alvarez, the people running things are “a group of idiots with money who don’t know sh*t about MMA.” Read below for his full comments…

“I am fortunate compared to guys like Cosmo Alexandre. This guy trains day and night to feed his family, and Viacom/Spike TV continue to hurt him. His story of getting shafted might be worse than mine.”

“Not to mention how Zach Makovsky was bullied to take a smaller pay day than contextually agreed or just sit after being champ. I have nothing to complain about. I get paid well enough to keep bills paid, but to bully guys like Makovsky and Alexandre is a sin. Bjorn Rebney’s a grunt in this. It’s Viacom and Spike TV and a group of idiots with money who don’t know sh*t about MMA.”

“I might just dump just real sh*t tonight until I get a call from someone to stop. Soooo much to talk about now that the gloves are off. I’d be more careful in what I said but I was told as long as I truthful then I can say whatever I want.”

http://www.fighters.com/05/04/eddie-alvarez-blasts-bellator-brass-for-bullying-fighters
rezin
rezin

Alvarez Puts Bellator on Blast.  Empty Re: Alvarez Puts Bellator on Blast.

Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 pm

.........had been forced to jeopardize his savings in order to fight for his freedom to sign with the UFC.
Strange statement. Like fighting for your freedom to be locked up in jail.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat May 04, 2013 11:02 pm
For his sake hope he does well in ufc or else he may be finding himself fighting somewhere he doesn't want to be.

.........had been forced to jeopardize his savings in order to fight for his freedom to sign with the UFC.
Rolling LMAO

Alvarez Puts Bellator on Blast.  Wat8

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun May 05, 2013 4:41 am
Dagwood wrote:1. As far as Alvarez goes... he is a disgruntled employee who signed a legally binding contract fully knowing what eh was signing and EXACTLY what he'd be signing if he signed with the UFC. Plain and simple. Why was he not brought out all of his injustice claims from he and other fighters before all this???

2. On the pay issue... you have to look at economies of scale. The UFC has like 10X the revenues of Bellator. You can't expect someone like MFC to being paying current UFC scale (still unfair based on ticket-PPV sales et all) wages. Don't tell me the UFC has 10X the overhead percentage per event as Bellator & Spike???.

3. I have no idea what the particulars are with Cosmo & Bellator. What I do know is the majority of fighters under contract to a $2B valued $300M-$400M annual revenue organization have problems making a full time living working for the UFC after their costs. That is sad. Something is wrong there.

4. What would happen if some UFC fighters had the balls to come out and say this...

Any UFC current or former UFC fighter no longer afraid of retribution or blackballing wrote:“I might just dump just real sh*t tonight until I get a call from someone to stop. Soooo much to talk about now that the gloves are off. I’d be more careful in what I said but I was told as long as I truthful then I can say whatever I want.”

Laughing

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t6715p10-why-isn-t-bjorn#45676

Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 am
Dagwood wrote:
Dagwood wrote:1. As far as Alvarez goes... he is a disgruntled employee who signed a legally binding contract fully knowing what eh was signing and EXACTLY what he'd be signing if he signed with the UFC. Plain and simple. Why was he not brought out all of his injustice claims from he and other fighters before all this???

2. On the pay issue... you have to look at economies of scale. The UFC has like 10X the revenues of Bellator. You can't expect someone like MFC to being paying current UFC scale (still unfair based on ticket-PPV sales et all) wages. Don't tell me the UFC has 10X the overhead percentage per event as Bellator & Spike???.

3. I have no idea what the particulars are with Cosmo & Bellator. What I do know is the majority of fighters under contract to a $2B valued $300M-$400M annual revenue organization have problems making a full time living working for the UFC after their costs. That is sad. Something is wrong there.

4. What would happen if some UFC fighters had the balls to come out and say this...

Any UFC current or former UFC fighter no longer afraid of retribution or blackballing wrote:“I might just dump just real sh*t tonight until I get a call from someone to stop. Soooo much to talk about now that the gloves are off. I’d be more careful in what I said but I was told as long as I truthful then I can say whatever I want.”

Laughing

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t6715p10-why-isn-t-bjorn#45676

Your first point is absolutely right. He signed the papers and knew what he was getting into. But why are you brining up UFC business when Alvarez is clearly complaining about his dealings with Bellator? All the speculation has nothing to do with Alvarez' beef with the company he feels is doing fighters, including himself, an injustice. You are clearly trying to throw shade on the suspect business dealings of viacom/bellator, distracting by putting attention on zuffa. That makes no sense. Please stick to the topic.
KSW
KSW

Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 am
If Bellator is doing shady stuff I will not support them. The problem is Alvarez is talking a bunch of shit about Bellator because zuffa told him what to do. Eddie isn´t very clever.
MR.WILLIE

Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 am
im a big alvarez fan but to be honest if you sign a fucking contract read it first...dont be stupid sign a short term deal with bellator then you are a free agent...he is in the peek of his carrer and will not be wise to loose them
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon May 06, 2013 6:18 pm
Eddie signed a matching clause and now he is doing whatever he can to get out, including blasting the promotion he signed with. Zuffa and other promotions also have matching clauses. This should be no surprise to him. I don't like how he is handling this whole deal.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm
What people who are slamming Bellator on this should do is... ask Dana & Lorenzo what rights do they have to current UFC champions??? Ask them if they can simply leave and move to another promotion when their contract is up???

Hello... Randy.. it's me Somnio.

They own their current champions chained down in perpetuity and they have no choice to leave even when their contracts are up. They have auto-renew til eternity clauses. There is such a bullshit double standard here it's unbelievable. The UFC is the one who has incredibly one-sided heavy handed fighter contracts. All Bellator did was match the exact UFC written contract. The terms and are the UFC's.

Viacom's legal department has more lawyers than the UFC has fighters under contract. Fortune 500 companies have to get legal opinions, legal sign off, or compliance checks on most everything they do. That's one of the biggest risk management factors big companies have. That means managing liability for litigation and law suits. Their job is to make sure that their companies contracts are air tight and leave little room for lawsuits and large settlements. It would seem Alvarez is accusing these guys of fraudulent behavior in regard to the contract. This kid is more than a bit stupid.

Even if he thinks he has evidence to back this up... he better win the lottery. He's gonna get sued upon sued in perpetuity until he's homeless, wifeless, childless, toothless, & more.

Then he'll really be seeing the VIACOM $$$.

Tue May 07, 2013 9:55 pm
Dagwood wrote:What people who are slamming Bellator on this should do is... ask Dana & Lorenzo what rights do they have to current UFC champions??? Ask them if they can simply leave and move to another promotion when their contract is up???

They own their current champions chained down in perpetuity and they have no choice to leave even when their contracts are up. They have auto-renew til eternity clauses. There is such a bullshit double standard here it's unbelievable. The UFC is the one who has incredibly one-sided heavy handed fighter contracts. All Bellator did was match the exact UFC written contract. The terms and are the UFC's.

Viacom's legal department has more lawyers than the UFC has fighters under contract. Fortune 500 companies have to get legal opinions, legal sign off, or compliance checks on most everything they do. That's one of the biggest risk management factors big companies have. That means managing liability for litigation and law suits. Their job is to make sure that their companies contracts are air tight and leave little room for lawsuits and large settlements. It would seem Alvarez is accusing these guys of fraudulent behavior in regard to the contract. This kid is more than a bit stupid.

Even if he thinks he has evidence to back this up... he better win the lottery. He's gonna get sued upon sued in perpetuity until he's homeless, wifeless, childless, toothless, & more.

Not every second of your life has to be focused on hating Zuffa. Stop distracting from the topic at hand and please stick to the correct subject matter. This is not about how much you hate Zuffa or their shady business. It is about Eddie speaking out on what he feels is an injustice and Viacom's shady bussiness. Once again, please stick to the topic.
Sodak
Sodak

Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 pm
I think its important because Zuffa purposely fucked this up. They could have offered him straight money but instead tried the scheisty move of offering PPV money knowing full well Bellator doesn't do PPVs. Thats whats screwed everything up.
KSW
KSW

Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm
Somnio wrote:
Dagwood wrote:What people who are slamming Bellator on this should do is... ask Dana & Lorenzo what rights do they have to current UFC champions??? Ask them if they can simply leave and move to another promotion when their contract is up???

Not every second of your life has to be focused on hating Zuffa. Stop distracting from the topic at hand and please stick to the correct subject matter. This is not about how much you hate Zuffa or their shady business. It is about Eddie speaking out on what he feels is an injustice and Viacom's shady bussiness. Once again, please stick to the topic.
Are you happy with the current mma scene? Don´t you think it´s good for Zuffa to get competition in NA. I´m not saying Bellator are saints but I wonder how you look at this.
monaroCountry

Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:For his sake hope he does well in ufc or else he may be finding himself fighting somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Rolling LMAO

Alvarez Puts Bellator on Blast.  Wat8

Wait and see what happens to Vinny. If it turns out badly for Vinny then Eddie may just turn out to be a version Vinny 2.0. Basically out on his arse with no Zuffa love and a too hot to employ type of fighter.
monaroCountry

Fri May 10, 2013 4:10 am
Somnio wrote:

Some background information on how the industry is run isnt a distraction.

Eddie simply put DID NOT abide by his contract!

Eddie is angry and having a tantrum!

In my opinion, Bellator and all those Eddie has blasted over the last few months should sue Eddie for defamation, right after the court forces Eddie to fullfill his contract obligations.
monaroCountry

Fri May 10, 2013 4:12 am
Sodak wrote:I think its important because Zuffa purposely fucked this up. They could have offered him straight money but instead tried the scheisty move of offering PPV money knowing full well Bellator doesn't do PPVs. Thats whats screwed everything up.

From what I understand, Zuffa didnt even promise any PPV or PPV money. They just hinted that he may be in PPV event and may get money, without actually putting any of that on paper, and Eddie believed them Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO .
Sodak
Sodak

Sat May 11, 2013 4:32 am
monaroCountry wrote:
Sodak wrote:I think its important because Zuffa purposely fucked this up. They could have offered him straight money but instead tried the scheisty move of offering PPV money knowing full well Bellator doesn't do PPVs. Thats whats screwed everything up.

From what I understand, Zuffa didnt even promise any PPV or PPV money. They just hinted that he may be in PPV event and may get money, without actually putting any of that on paper, and Eddie believed them Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO .

If this is true Alvarez' claims hold absolutely no water.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat May 11, 2013 7:55 pm
Eddie has been lying up a storm from what's being reported. Bjorn said just look at the court documents that are available to show he is lying.

Bjorn doesn't think this will even be in court for over a year. Eddie is wasting his time in a case he is bound to lose. Best case they negotiate for a bit extra but that may not even happen. What a waste of time.

monaroCountry

Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 pm
Sodak wrote:

If Zuffa guaranteed it and put it in their contract then Bellator wont be able to match it. But this was not the case. Talk of PPV events and PPV money is meaningless.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 pm
monaroCountry wrote:
Sodak wrote:

If Zuffa guaranteed it and put it in their contract then Bellator wont be able to match it. But this was not the case. Talk of PPV events and PPV money is meaningless.

Yup, it's hypothetical pay. Sure that will hold up in court...LOL. That is why Eddie is going to the Zuffa influenced tactic of bashing Bellator because he knows he won't see a day in court for possibly over a year and will just be sitting on the shelf for a while in a case he is bound to lose. What a waste. Lombard got what, one PPV fight out of 3 fights due to his losses. I like the system for pay for performance purposes but they are going to have to rethink things for negotiating with fighters under a matching clause with another org.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum