GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why isn't Bjorn...

+4
RussianTopTeam
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
loyalty13
8 posters
Go down
wekka
wekka

Why isn't Bjorn... - Page 1 Empty Re: Why isn't Bjorn...

Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 pm
nodogoshi wrote:Well, he hasn't fought in the promotion in 6 months.

I'm sure he'd like to get a fight, but the thing is it isn't like he gets paid for not fighting. I don't quite understand what the controversy here is about.

In reality, I don't think any athlete likes being put on the shelf, regardless of being paid or not.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 05, 2013 1:43 am
wekka wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:Well, he hasn't fought in the promotion in 6 months.

I'm sure he'd like to get a fight, but the thing is it isn't like he gets paid for not fighting. I don't quite understand what the controversy here is about.

In reality, I don't think any athlete likes being put on the shelf, regardless of being paid or not.

Be that as it may, I don't see how (on the face of it) that it is Bellator's fault that he can't afford a full tank of gas.
KSW
KSW

Sun May 05, 2013 2:34 am
Somnio wrote:http://www.fighters.com/05/04/eddie-alvarez-blasts-bellator-brass-for-bullying-fighters

Because Viacom/Bellator is just as bad as Zuffa.
Does Bellator disrespect fighters who are not under Bellator contract and pretend they´re irrelevant? Does Bellator talk shit about other promotions? Is Bellator trying to rewrite history?
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun May 05, 2013 4:31 am
1. As far as Alvarez goes... he is a disgruntled employee who signed a legally binding contract fully knowing what eh was signing and EXACTLY what he'd be signing if he signed with the UFC. Plain and simple. Why was he not brought out all of his injustice claims from he and other fighters before all this???

2. On the pay issue... you have to look at economies of scale. The UFC has like 10X the revenues of Bellator. You can't expect someone like MFC to being paying current UFC scale (still unfair based on ticket-PPV sales et all) wages. Don't tell me the UFC has 10X the overhead percentage per event as Bellator & Spike???.

3. I have no idea what the particulars are with Cosmo & Bellator. What I do know is the majority of fighters under contract to a $2B valued $300M-$400M annual revenue organization have problems making a full time living working for the UFC after their costs. That is sad. Something is wrong there.

4. What would happen if some UFC fighters had the balls to come out and say this...

Any UFC current or former UFC fighter no longer afraid of retribution or blackballing wrote:“I might just dump just real sh*t tonight until I get a call from someone to stop. Soooo much to talk about now that the gloves are off. I’d be more careful in what I said but I was told as long as I truthful then I can say whatever I want.”
Laughing
KSW
KSW

Thu May 09, 2013 12:12 pm
Bjorn is history, welcome to the Couture era Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum