GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wekka
wekka

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:34 pm
CDF47 wrote:wekka, someone else to consider in the future at FLW is Alptekin Ozkilic. I just watched his fight against Antonio Banuelos from Legacy on Friday and he looked impressive (as short as the fight was). He's a wrestler with some serious KO power. He took out a previous ranked BW in Banuelos in just 30 seconds and he's now 8-1.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alptekin-Ozkilic-73826

Actually added him and dropped Banuelos completely right after the fight. Dispatching Banuelos that quickly, regardless of how mediocre he's looked at 125, is highly impressive.
KSW
KSW

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:here are my suggestions respectfully...

-hw's- konstantin gluhov is way to high...its not even close, the guy is 2-3 in his last 5, wins vs valentijn(30-29 record) and a split dec win(wich i dont agree) win vs deuce does not make him #2 in the world, i think this is horrible to be honest....

in the other hand were is peter graham????? he is not even in the contenders and has 2 wins vs the #2 guy...wow, he has won 7 in a row

and finally take sergei off the rankings he has no intentions to fight mma
Gluhov beat a top ranked fighter, of course he should be ranked high. If, for an example, Ben Rothwell beats Daniel Cormier don´t you think he should be top ranked even with his losses lately?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:24 am
wekka wrote:
CDF47 wrote:wekka, someone else to consider in the future at FLW is Alptekin Ozkilic. I just watched his fight against Antonio Banuelos from Legacy on Friday and he looked impressive (as short as the fight was). He's a wrestler with some serious KO power. He took out a previous ranked BW in Banuelos in just 30 seconds and he's now 8-1.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alptekin-Ozkilic-73826

Actually added him and dropped Banuelos completely right after the fight. Dispatching Banuelos that quickly, regardless of how mediocre he's looked at 125, is highly impressive.

Agreed...That was real impressive, especially for a wrestler. With that kind of KO power and standup skill to add to his base which is wrestling, this guy could be a force at 125.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 am
PRIDE FC wrote:

-hw's- konstantin gluhov is way to high...its not even close, the guy is 2-3 in his last 5, wins vs valentijn(30-29 record) and a split dec win(wich i dont agree) win vs deuce does not make him #2 in the world, i think this is horrible to be honest....

in the other hand were is peter graham????? he is not even in the contenders and has 2 wins vs the #2 guy...wow, he has won 7 in a row

Gluhov beat a top ranked fighter, of course he should be ranked high. If, for an example, Ben Rothwell beats Daniel Cormier don´t you think he should be top ranked even with his losses lately?

Yup, that is how rankings work. If Rothwell took out Cain he would be number 1 in the world and if he took out Cormier he would be number 2 or 3.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 am
Looks like Rampage Jackson will be added to our G-MMA rankings next month. Sounds like he signed with ONE FC.

http://fightsportasia.com/2013/06/04/looks-like-rampage-jackson-could-be-coming-to-one-fc/
MR.WILLIE

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:25 am
PRIDE FC wrote:

actually i dont agree!!! if rothwell beats cain would be a fluke, cain will beat him 9/10 times for sure...

also i think titles are overrated, i like deuce, but kenny in his 7-0 run in the last 2 years beat danny lockhart, pat bennet, a 205 grishim, guram(the most overrated fighter in history), john ''dudu'' brown and his biggest win vs malikov, so he does not deserve to be in the top 3 in the first place!!!

gluhov is 2-3 in his last 5, getting his ass kicked by kudin, aleks and peter graham, who by the way has beaten him twice in the last 2 years and its not ranked....thats my point!!!!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:53 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

actually i dont agree!!! if rothwell beats cain would be a fluke, cain will beat him 9/10 times for sure...

also i think titles are overrated, i like deuce, but kenny in his 7-0 run in the last 2 years beat danny lockhart, pat bennet, a 205 grishim, guram(the most overrated fighter in history), john ''dudu'' brown and his biggest win vs malikov, so he does not deserve to be in the top 3 in the first place!!!

gluhov is 2-3 in his last 5, getting his ass kicked by kudin, aleks and peter graham, who by the way has beaten him twice in the last 2 years and its not ranked....thats my point!!!!

That is how rankings work though. When Serra beat GSP, he jumped the rankings and took both the UFC title and number 1 WW spot....Same with every other fighter that has beaten the top guy. Only exception to this was when Werdum beat Fedor, the biased MMA media put Lesnar at number 1 rather than Werdum which was a complete joke.

The titles typically show who the promotions top fighter is as they continuously take on the top contenders from inside and sometimes outside the promotion. Guram was champion and Kenny took him out. Usually the only time fighters are not the top ranked in the promotion is when they lose in tournaments or non-title fights which is what happened with Gluhov.

Extra weight for the champions of promotions like Bellator, M-1, WSOF, KSW, ONE FC, DREAM,..., should be in the ranking system since the titles typically show who the promotions top fighters are in each division. I think titles are very important.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:56 pm
According to MMA Weekly, Cheick Kongo "has come to terms with Bellator and will make his next cage appearance for the promotion."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cheick-kongo-following-teammate-rampage-jackson-to-bellator-mma

Another big signing for Bellator today and another solid addition to the rankings.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:18 pm
CDF47 wrote:According to MMA Weekly, Cheick Kongo "has come to terms with Bellator and will make his next cage appearance for the promotion."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cheick-kongo-following-teammate-rampage-jackson-to-bellator-mma

Another big signing for Bellator today and another solid addition to the rankings.

i agree, kongo top 10 for sure....i think that next month hw rankings may look alot different
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:27 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:According to MMA Weekly, Cheick Kongo "has come to terms with Bellator and will make his next cage appearance for the promotion."

i agree, kongo top 10 for sure....i think that next month hw rankings may look alot different

Agreed and if Minakov wins his fight at Bellator he will move up a bit and Ka may drop off if Rolles gets a win at WSOF.

Drysdale just signed with UFC so he will drop off the LHW rankings.

Today we added Rampage and Kongo and dropped Drysdale so a lot of changes already for next month. Plus, this month is loaded up with KSW, M-1, Bellator, WSOF, Rings (Kotani), DEEP, Fight Nights, ROAD FC, VTJ, Pancrase,.... Should be a lot of movement this month in the rankings.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:30 pm
CDF47 wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

Agreed and if Minakov wins his fight at Bellator he will move up a bit and Ka may drop off if Rolles gets a win at WSOF.

Today we added Rampage and Kongo and dropped Drysdale so a lot of changes already for next month. Plus, this month is loaded up with KSW, M-1, Bellator, WSOF, Rings (Kotani), DEEP, Fight Nights, ROAD FC, VTJ, Pancrase,.... Should be a lot of movement this month in the rankings.

alot of work to do my friend, but you do a great job with this....

i agree if minakov, rolles win they need to be in for sure, now the adition of kongo also,

at 205 drysdale is out, so we need to keep an eye on the lhw mini gp of wsof to maybe add someone, like mike kyle who knows???

keep doing the great job cd....
parliamentfunk
parliamentfunk

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 pm
ever gonna rank women, like 105 115 125 and 145 could easily be ranked

135 is kinda clogged cause of the TUF
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:49 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

alot of work to do my friend, but you do a great job with this....

i agree if minakov, rolles win they need to be in for sure, now the adition of kongo also,

at 205 drysdale is out, so we need to keep an eye on the lhw mini gp of wsof to maybe add someone, like mike kyle who knows???

keep doing the great job cd....

Definitely some solid new additions this month. Keeping me busy for sure. Every time I open a website today someone has been signed.

I might just add Kyle to 205 right now if he plans on fighting there. He would be another solid new top 10 fighter at LHW.

Thanks.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:50 pm
parliamentfunk wrote:ever gonna rank women, like 105 115 125 and 145 could easily be ranked

135 is kinda clogged cause of the TUF

I thought about it but would take some time, especially for 5 new divisions. Plus, there is always Super Heavyweight and Strawweight out there which we don't rank yet (nobody really does) but we could be the first. It would be a bit much for right now but possibly in the future.
wekka
wekka

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:42 pm
^ my junior flyweight rankings include strawweights, so that's taken care of.

Just not enough depth for each to have their own rankings, but combined, they'de solid.
wekka
wekka

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 pm
I thought retro could have done some solid rankings but I think if we have enough time down the road, between you and me, we could probably do the rankings ourselves.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:57 pm
wekka wrote:^ my junior flyweight rankings include strawweights, so that's taken care of.

Just not enough depth for each to have their own rankings, but combined, they'de solid.

Yeah, if the depth ever builds up sometime in the future, they could be separated out. Somewhere down the line, same holds true for Super Heavyweight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 pm
wekka wrote:I thought retro could have done some solid rankings but I think if we have enough time down the road, between you and me, we could probably do the rankings ourselves.

Agreed, possibly in the future we could handle a couple more divisions. Maybe not all 5 women's divisions and the other two men's divisions but possibly two women's divisions and Strawweight if depth builds up there in the future.
wekka
wekka

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:20 pm
Bagautinov will be removed from next month's rankings, as he's just signed with the UFC.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 pm
wekka wrote:Bagautinov will be removed from next month's rankings, as he's just signed with the UFC.

That's a bit of a hit to the rankings but a solid pickup by UFC. Kind of sucks that our Russian FLW is dropping off. Would be cool to see him tear things up in UFC.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:40 pm
Former top 5 G-MMA MW, Antonio Braga Neto, just got a first round knee bar submission over Strikeforce vet Anthony Smith at UFC on Fuel TV 10. Great submission. He subbed Falcao and Brock Larson as well not long ago. His BJJ skills are top notch. He's now 10-1 with 8 submissions. Neto/Falcao fight was an entertaining one on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPS0H0kaAuo).
KSW
KSW

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:50 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

So how would you rank the HW division?
wekka
wekka

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:07 am
On tap for the 125 & below rankings, this month:

# 2 Flyweight, Mamoru Yamaguchi fights # 1 Jr. Flyweight Mikihito Yamagami at VTJ 2013. A win for Yamaguchi will leave the rankings unchanged, while a loss could possibly drop him.

Fringe contender Sergio Pettis is no longer facing Jeff Curran at the upcoming RFA card, and will now face a regional prospect. A win could possibly move him into the top fifteen, while a win against Curran assured him a spot. It all depends how the rest of the class plays out this month.

Pivotal Jr. Flyweight bout in Pancrase, as #7 Noboru Tahara will rematch #8 Hiroyuki Abe.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:36 pm
wekka wrote:On tap for the 125 & below rankings, this month:

# 2 Flyweight, Mamoru Yamaguchi fights # 1 Jr. Flyweight Mikihito Yamagami at VTJ 2013. A win for Yamaguchi will leave the rankings unchanged, while a loss could possibly drop him.

Fringe contender Sergio Pettis is no longer facing Jeff Curran at the upcoming RFA card, and will now face a regional prospect. A win could possibly move him into the top fifteen, while a win against Curran assured him a spot. It all depends how the rest of the class plays out this month.

Pivotal Jr. Flyweight bout in Pancrase, as #7 Noboru Tahara will rematch #8 Hiroyuki Abe.

Great to see the top Jr. FLWs going head to head at VTJ.  Hope there is a way to actually see this event though.  Last one had one video released the same day and that was about it.

Didn't know Pettis/Curran was off.  That would have been a good contender fight to get in the rankings.

Is Pancrase streaming this event like the last one?
TehPackage
TehPackage

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:23 pm
Top 5 spot for Burkman? Should be 1 or 2 imo.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum