GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013

Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 am
Now with Glory heading to Spike hope we get to see Spong against guys like Rampage, Mo, Vegh, Newton, Zayats,..., in Glory ring and Bellator cage, as well as against guys like Rumble (despite being training partners if it's for a belt in the future), Kyle, Jan,.... in WSOF cage.

Spong - Future Glory, Bellator, and WSOF LHW champ.  Hope he really takes MMA seriously and works hard on TDD, defensive grappling, and getting back to his feet in ring and cage.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - June 2013

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 am
Bellator, Glory, and ONE FC should do an NYE show in Japan under full Asian rules.

Chandler (Bellator Champ) vs. Aoki (ONE FC Champ)
Bibi (ONE FC Interim Champ) vs. Dantas Bellator Champ)
Shlemenko (Bellator Champ) vs. Eun Soo Lee (ONE FC Network/Road Champ)
Minakov (Bellator) vs. Kharitonov (GLORY)
Spong (GLORY) vs. Rampage (Bellator)
King Mo (Bellator) vs. Nakanishi (ONE FC Network/DEEP Champ)
Paul Daley (Bellator) vs. Takenori Sato (ONE FC Network/Pancrase Champ)
RVR (GLORY) vs. Kitaoka (ONE FC Network/DEEP)
Gokhan Saki (GLORY) vs. Thiago Santos (Bellator)

Glory 8 Man HW tournament mixed in with the MMA fights

2 other MMA fights and 2 other kickboxing fights also mixed in.
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:52 am
Should be Van Roosmalen x Page in a kickboxing fight, for shits and gigs.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:43 am
Just on the topic of Minakov, I would like to make a point, just based on my perspective of how I rate fighters. I think I said a couple pages back that a fighter should not be overly rated based on a very quick stoppage victory. While I generally hold to this, I do hold in extra high regard Minakov's latest victory, because he won proverbially speaking without even breaking a sweat, he made it look easy. Ron Sparks may have been intimidated and that could have contributed to the result, which can temper this perception of mine, but than again fighters are obviously in an above-average position to gauge the ability of other fighters in their division, so if Sparks was shook it is a good indicator that Sparks also holds Minakov in very high regard.

I am not ready to anoint him yet, and we have seen many flops before, but I think that he has the talent, the technical base, and the athletic ability to be something truly great. I guess that what remains to be seen for me is whether he has the temperament; if he can handle adversity.

Another thing, the Fedor comparisons seem overplayed and all, but in watching Fedor in his prime, one of the things that set him apart was he was always looking for the kill, and he often finished fights quickly, generally speaking. The Cro Cop fight was more so a battle of attrition, but he prepared for a war with respect to that one. Usually, he set out to destroy as quick as possible, and perhaps Minakov also possesses this character. Later in Fedor's career, when he was perhaps past his peak, he did have some wars. The Arlovski and Rogers fights stand out.

Not to get too sidetracked on Fedor, and also not to over-make the comparison; Minakov needs to be Minakov. But, if he does have the killer instinct I think he may have, that indeed bodes well. Prime Wanderlei Silva is another comparison, perhaps.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:04 am
wekka wrote:Should be Van Roosmalen x Page in a kickboxing fight, for shits and gigs.

Would be crazy fight but page would have big size advantage. 205 vs 155.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:13 am
nodogoshi wrote:Just on the topic of Minakov, I would like to make a point, just based on my perspective of how I rate fighters. I think I said a couple pages back that a fighter should not be overly rated based on a very quick stoppage victory. While I generally hold to this, I do hold in extra high regard Minakov's latest victory, because he won proverbially speaking without even breaking a sweat, he made it look easy. Ron Sparks may have been intimidated and that could have contributed to the result, which can temper this perception of mine, but than again fighters are obviously in an above-average position to gauge the ability of other fighters in their division, so if Sparks was shook it is a good indicator that Sparks also holds Minakov in very high regard.

I am not ready to anoint him yet, and we have seen many flops before, but I think that he has the talent, the technical base, and the athletic ability to be something truly great. I guess that what remains to be seen for me is whether he has the temperament; if he can handle adversity.

Another thing, the Fedor comparisons seem overplayed and all, but in watching Fedor in his prime, one of the things that set him apart was he was always looking for the kill, and he often finished fights quickly, generally speaking. The Cro Cop fight was more so a battle of attrition, but he prepared for a war with respect to that one. Usually, he set out to destroy as quick as possible, and perhaps Minakov also possesses this character. Later in Fedor's career, when he was perhaps past his peak, he did have some wars. The Arlovski and Rogers fights stand out.

Not to get too sidetracked on Fedor, and also not to over-make the comparison; Minakov needs to be Minakov. But, if he does have the killer instinct I think he may have, that indeed bodes well. Prime Wanderlei Silva is another comparison, perhaps.

There are some similarities. Minakov sambo style and killer instinct are there. It's cool he has a fight in just several weeks to crack into our top 10. I hope he gets a shot at volkov shortly after that if he wins. I think he could be a solid future champ for bellator. Would be great if they could get Konrad back to test him in the future if he wins bellator title.
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:32 am
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:Should be Van Roosmalen x Page in a kickboxing fight, for shits and gigs.

I meant Michael Page lol
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:58 am
wekka wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I meant Michael Page lol

lol...yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing that one.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum