GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trolls are gone now

+6
Adax
RussianTopTeam
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Dagwood
wekka
ZuffaKiller
10 posters
Go down
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

trolls are gone now - Page 2 Empty Re: trolls are gone now

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:28 pm
Dagwood wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:Hey guys, I feel bad for ZK leaving like this. It's a real shame.
The communication needs to be handled better from both parties or else we will continue losing good people like ZF. It seems that we have lost more good people than actually acquired to the forum and if this continues to happen, there will be a domino effect of members leaving.

Here is ZuffaKillers last message he sent me before he left :

hey man I want to thank you for getting my mod ship here at this forum but Im done wasting my time here hope all is well with you take care man.

ZK had stopped posting any news stories almost 1 month ago on May 08/13. It would not be logical for him to maintain his Global-MMA News status. It was then thought by the Admin team it would be better not have a specific news forum and now all news articles from anyone would simply go into the MMA forum.

Viewing profile :: ZuffaKiller - https://global-mma.forumotion.com/u26stats

ZK for a long long time has been deleting dozens & dozens of posts and banning people arbitrarily. Certainly major forum rules violations were not taking place. In fact, many times he was confronting brand new members quite aggressively on their first post or two when nothing was done by them in regard to rules violations. ZK was quite irrational and erratic in many of his mod dealings with others especially new members. His interpretation of forum rules many times were a bit out of hand/overboard.

ZK was warned by both of us Admins to please refrain from banning people with out discussion in HQ among the mods and then Johan & I making the final decision with input from everyone. He ignored this NUMEROUS times... as he evidently did this last time as he stated in his recent posts in HQ.

In light of his latest act of defiance after a long absence with him failing to contribute in his news role for a month... Admin was left with no choice but to return ZK to member status.

Fair enough and a good call in the end. ZK was a great member but maybe the Trolls just got under his skin too easily. He will be missed here.
KSW
KSW

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 am
Dagwood wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:Hey guys, I feel bad for ZK leaving like this. It's a real shame.
The communication needs to be handled better from both parties or else we will continue losing good people like ZF. It seems that we have lost more good people than actually acquired to the forum and if this continues to happen, there will be a domino effect of members leaving.

Here is ZuffaKillers last message he sent me before he left :

hey man I want to thank you for getting my mod ship here at this forum but Im done wasting my time here hope all is well with you take care man.

ZK had stopped posting any news stories almost 1 month ago on May 08/13. It would not be logical for him to maintain his Global-MMA News status. It was then thought by the Admin team it would be better not have a specific news forum and now all news articles from anyone would simply go into the MMA forum.

Viewing profile :: ZuffaKiller - https://global-mma.forumotion.com/u26stats

ZK for a long long time has been deleting dozens & dozens of posts and banning people arbitrarily. Certainly major forum rules violations were not taking place. In fact, many times he was confronting brand new members quite aggressively on their first post or two when nothing was done by them in regard to rules violations. ZK was quite irrational and erratic in many of his mod dealings with others especially new members. His interpretation of forum rules many times were a bit out of hand/overboard.

ZK was warned by both of us Admins to please refrain from banning people with out discussion in HQ among the mods and then Johan & I making the final decision with input from everyone. He ignored this NUMEROUS times... as he evidently did this last time as he stated in his recent posts in HQ.

In light of his latest act of defiance after a long absence with him failing to contribute in his news role for a month... Admin was left with no choice but to return ZK to member status.
All of this was the reason to why I took down the G-MMA News Group which made ZK an ordinary member.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:50 pm
In proud honor of Zuffakiller.

I was certainly one among those critical of his approach.

But, there was a lot of good in him as a poster as well.

Me as an anarchist and all, I thought he was a bit reactionary. But, that is neither here, nor there.

Here is his parting message to me.
hey man it's been fun but Im through with this fucking place. keep getting drunk and fucking asian hotties. wrote:
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 pm
nodogoshi wrote:In proud honor of Zuffakiller.

Me as an anarchist and all, I thought he was a bit reactionary. But, that is neither here, nor there.

I like ZK and he´s a good fan. He´s more than welcome to post on the forum but we can´t have a mod going around deleting every post he dislikes and banning people who disagree with him. He even banned one guy before he posted and another member after two posts (he didn´t break the forum rules).
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:08 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:In proud honor of Zuffakiller.

I like ZK and he´s a good fan. He´s more than welcome to post on the forum but we can´t have a mod going around deleting every post he dislikes and banning people who disagree with him. He even banned one guy before he posted and another member after two posts (he didn´t break the forum rules).

LOL...That's the funniest shit I heard all day.  ZK was great...Crazy moderator but a great poster on here.  Hope he comes back to the site one day.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:20 am
For the record. I have always enjoyed ZK posts here and back on TT. I like him. Many times his in your face "Zuffa sucks big cocks" style made me almost blow my drink out my nose.

I really hopes he come back. He worked really hard to help build the site. The door is open, No one in admin has any personal beefs at all with him.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 pm
I think whoever has his contact information really should reach out to him and let him know that he is wanted here.
KSW
KSW

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:I think whoever has his contact information really should reach out to him and let him know that he is wanted here.
I told him that many times but he kept insisting he wants it his way or the highway. ZK wants to ban a lot of people.
Mikal
Mikal

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:12 am
I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I feel like I can provide a bit of insight here.

One thing that should be kept under control over here that wasn't kept under control on Linker which allowed troll takeover was that that aggressive, attacking other members style of posting was let slide for far too long and became the cool thing to do which resulted in it becoming the new trend. This ultimately led to that "Take it outside" thread where it was literally hundreds of pages of trash talking each other followed by the anything goes forum which completely changed the dynamic of the whole site. The trolls had a place to 'clique' together and group up on people across the forum.

While a lot of the posters mentioned in this thread (like Real who used to be a calm poster but has since become very bitter for some reason) may not be doing things that are ban worthy, it is good to keep reminding them that there is no need to be so aggressive or to constantly flame people and call them out with public ridicule. Because while they may not be directly breaking rules, dynamics of forums can change if this style of posting gets momentum. And I have notice a batch of new members every now and then coming in and doing just that -- derailing threads with over-aggressive attitudes.

While it isn't ban-worthy necessarily, it's just a good thing to keep this kinda stuff under control as Linker let it slide and it paid for it.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:12 am
fuck realidea
KSW
KSW

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am
Mikal wrote:I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I feel like I can provide a bit of insight here.

One thing that should be kept under control over here that wasn't kept under control on Linker which allowed troll takeover was that that aggressive, attacking other members style of posting was let slide for far  too long and became the cool thing to do which resulted in it becoming the new trend. This ultimately led to that "Take it outside" thread where it was literally hundreds of pages of trash talking each other followed by the anything goes forum which completely changed the dynamic of the whole site. The trolls had a place to 'clique' together and group up on people across the forum.

While a lot of the posters mentioned in this thread (like Real who used to be a calm poster but has since become very bitter for some reason) may not be doing things that are ban worthy, it is good to keep reminding them that there is no need to be so aggressive or to constantly flame people and call them out with public ridicule. Because while they may not be directly breaking rules, dynamics of forums can change if this style of posting gets momentum. And I have notice a batch of new members every now and then coming in and doing just that -- derailing threads with over-aggressive attitudes.

While it isn't ban-worthy necessarily, it's just a good thing to keep this kinda stuff under control as Linker let it slide and it paid for it.  
Well spoken. Member bashing is only bad for the site.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:02 pm
There is this fucking light off in the distance which keeps shining in my eyes. I wish i had a rifle so I could shoot it out.

I don't know why I posted that here though. It somehow seems like the right place.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 pm
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:04 pm
I'm right sloshed on whiskey.
KSW
KSW

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:05 pm
nodogoshi wrote:I'm right sloshed on whiskey.
Lucky you, I´ll get drunk later on tonight.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:06 pm
It turned out that shutting my curtains was as good a fix as shooting out the light may have been.

I've shot out better lights in my day though, and using only a pellet gun. True story. While vacationing at my uncle's house on an Indian reservation, we all took turns shooting at this really annoying light. And I shot the fucker out.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:08 pm
Here's how I did it. Instead of shooting the light, I actually shot at the mechanism holding the light. I took several shots at it. And I made the light fall to the street.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 pm
For the sake of the record, I was a professional at shooting a bb or pellet gun.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 pm
What the fuck else did we have to do in Oregon but shoot bbs and pellets? I never got into the bird shooting craze though. I missed the birds on purpose when friends were around. My thing was shooting dandelions. I could cut down a dandelion at 20 feet.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:13 pm
Really though, I learned how to use a rifle sight well on a bb and pellet gun.

I'm not even anti-gun.

Fuck the politics. Me and my brother, I wish I could go have a hunt with him today.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:27 pm
Mikal wrote:I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I feel like I can provide a bit of insight here.

One thing that should be kept under control over here that wasn't kept under control on Linker which allowed troll takeover was that that aggressive, attacking other members style of posting was let slide for far  too long and became the cool thing to do which resulted in it becoming the new trend. This ultimately led to that "Take it outside" thread where it was literally hundreds of pages of trash talking each other followed by the anything goes forum which completely changed the dynamic of the whole site. The trolls had a place to 'clique' together and group up on people across the forum.

That's some real good input.  I agree.
wekka
wekka

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:19 am
Figured this would be relevant here, but be on the lookout for the KTT guys soon. This point in time should be considered the calm before the storm.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 am
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:48 am
These guys are mostly degenerate trolls. They're fine with me as long as they keep it on the straight and narrow, but Wekka is likely right. (I don't know much about these guys personally, just saying I wouldn't doubt it).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum