GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellator 98: Shlemenko vs. Cooper Results & Discussion

+8
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Slugger O'Toole
Realidea
KSW
Adax
CDF47
wekka
MR.WILLIE
12 posters
Go down
wekka
wekka

Bellator 98: Shlemenko vs. Cooper Results & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 98: Shlemenko vs. Cooper Results & Discussion

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:00 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:Baddest Man on the planet? What planet is that? Among dwarfs, gnomes, midgets, leprechauns and hobbits?
Please do not speak ill of the baddest man of the planet. Some people will just never understand.
MR.WILLIE

Bellator 98: Shlemenko vs. Cooper Results & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 98: Shlemenko vs. Cooper Results & Discussion

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:08 pm
Official joe warren does not pass his medicals, pit bull moved to the main card
MR.WILLIE

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:13 pm
Showmenko says he is disappointed to face his friend cooper again!

Link soon!
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:31 pm
Warren was a badass when he beat Kid Yamamoto in DREAM. Kid was on a 14 fight winning streak.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:15 pm
Warren is a great Greco Roman Guy but baddest man I'm not so sure still sucks he can't fight.
wekka
wekka

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:26 pm
KSW wrote:Warren was a badass when he beat Kid Yamamoto in DREAM. Kid was on a 14 fight winning streak.
Well to be fair, KID was coming off of a two year layoff, practically.

His win over Beebe is probably more impressive, in hindsight.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:33 pm
wekka wrote:
KSW wrote:Warren was a badass when he beat Kid Yamamoto in DREAM. Kid was on a 14 fight winning streak.

Maybe but Beebe was on a losing streak.
wekka
wekka

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:41 pm
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:

His record is irrelevant in this instance. It was still Warren's very first fight and Beebe was pretty solid veteran, regardless. Warren pretty much handled him, too.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:44 pm
wekka wrote:
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:

His record is irrelevant in this instance. It was still Warren's very first fight and Beebe was pretty solid veteran, regardless. Warren pretty much handled him, too.
Baddest small man on the planet when he beat Beebe it is Bellator 98: Shlemenko vs. Cooper Results & Discussion - Page 2 4086640091
wekka
wekka

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:48 pm
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:

Baddest small man on the planet when he beat Beebe it is Bellator 98: Shlemenko vs. Cooper Results & Discussion - Page 2 4086640091
If you don't think his comeback against Soto was bad, well there's no pleasing you.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:50 pm
wekka wrote:
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:

If you don't think his comeback against Soto was bad, well there's no pleasing you.
I´ll give him baddest small man on the planet after that fight as well.
MR.WILLIE

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:09 pm
Goddamit people here I think don't give a fuck about mma anymore!

Don't know why the fuck I continue to post fucking info about

The Ostia event tomorrow and nobody gives a shit or post nothing!

If this continues is not worth it!
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Goddamit people here I think don't give a fuck about mma anymore!

we just discussed Warren, merged for you bro. I´m rooting for Spang and Shlemenko
wekka
wekka

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Goddamit people here I think don't give a fuck about mma anymore!

Jeez, there's only so much that can be discussed.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:34 pm
Most people don´t know any of the names on this card except Shlemenko and Freire. If Tito was on there would be a lot of more discussion. Names are everything to most fans.
wekka
wekka

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:36 pm
Honestly, main card isnt really anything special on paper.

I'm probably going to watch football and record this instead.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:41 pm
Bellator needs more HW and LHW fights imo. Those are my fav division and one of the reasons to why I´m excited about M-1. Same thing in Kickboxing and boxing.. well any combat sport.
MR.WILLIE

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:24 pm
Bellator 98, the promotion's Season 9 opener, took another hit not long before weigh-ins, but at least it didn't lose an entire fight.

Middleweight tournament competitor Andreas Spang (8-3 MMA, 1-2 BMMA) was declared unfit to fight by the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, which will oversee Saturday's event. Spang was scheduled to fight Justin Torrey (7-0 MMA, 2-0 BMMA in the tournament's opening round. Instead, Brennan Ward (6-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) moves up from a spot on the preliminary card to fight Torrey in the tournament. Ward was scheduled to meet Dave Vitkay, who has been pulled from the card without an opponent.

Bellator 98 takes place at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card airs on Spike TV following prelims on Spike.com.

A reason for Spang's removal from the card was not given.

Earlier in the day, former featherweight champion Joe Warren (8-3 MMA, 6-2 BMMA) had to be pulled from his co-main event bantamweight tournament fight against Nick Kirk (10-2 MMA, 0-2 BMMA) after being declared medically unfit to fight.

Spang was looking to rebound from back-to-back losses to Maiquel Falcao and Doug Marshall at Bellator 69 and 89, respectively. In February, Marshall knocked him out in the first round. Before the two straight defeats, Spang had three straight wins, including a TKO for Strikeforce.

Ward got back on the winning track in February when he submitted Yair Moguel in 57 seconds at Bellator 81. Just two weeks prior, at Bellator 89, he was submitted by Aaron Johnson in only 15 seconds.

Torrey is unbeaten with six of his seven wins by knockout. But he hasn't fought in more than three years – a second-round TKO win against Lance Everson at Bellator 17.

With the change, the Bellator 98 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 8 p.m. ET)
Alexander Shlemenko vs. Brett Cooper - for middleweight title
Justin Torrey vs. Brennan Ward - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Perry Filkins vs. Jeremy Kimball - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Mikkel Parlo vs. Brian Rogers - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Jason Butcher vs. Giva Santana - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Derek Anderson vs. Patricky Freire
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 6 p.m. ET)
Mike Mucitelli vs. Jeff Nader
Andrew Calandrelli vs. Ryan Quinn
Matt Bessette vs. Nick Piedmont
Glenn Allaire vs. Rico DiSciullo
Josh Diekmann vs. Parker Porter

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/09/andreas-spang-ruled-out-of-bellator-98-justin-torrey-meets-brennan-ward
fka
fka

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:53 pm
Dude schlemenko barely survived Cooper might beat him.
Adax

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:21 pm
That fight was absolutely amazing! I want to watch it again already and it just ended like 10 minutes ago!!!
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:23 pm
Shlemenko is the EPITOME of a REAL fighter.
adam
adam

Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:18 am
Getting ready to watch the card now.

I had some family stuff tonight so I missed it.

Any fights I should watch first or any boring fights I should skip?
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:29 am
adam wrote:Getting ready to watch the card now.

I had some family stuff tonight so I missed it.

Any fights I should watch first or any boring fights I should skip?
just go straight to the Shlemenko fight unless you have time to spare, then watch the co-main event as well
KSW
KSW

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:06 am
Results:

MAIN CARD
Alexander Shlemenko def. Brett Cooper via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47) - to defend middleweight title
Mikkel Parlo def. Brian Rogers via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26) - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Jason Butcher def. Giva Santana via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 1:12 - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Brennan Ward def. Justin Torrey via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 3:28 - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Perry Filkins def. Jeremy Kimball via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 3, 4:18 - Season 9 middleweight tournament opening round
Derek Anderson def. Patricky Freire via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

PRELIMINARY CARD
Mike Mucitelli vs. Jeff Nader no-contest (accidental eye poke) - Round 1
Josh Diekmann def. Parker Porter via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 1:12
Ryan Quinn def. Brylan Van Artsdalen via submission (arm triangle choke) - Round 1, 2:34
Matt Bessette def. Nick Piedmont via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 1:41
Rico DiSciullo def. Glenn Allaire via KO (elbows) - Round 1, 1:21
fka
fka

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 pm
Patricky looked real bad hope h can come back.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum