GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013

+6
KSW
wekka
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Realidea
MR.WILLIE
CDF47
10 posters
Go down
wekka
wekka

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:35 am
Ill get my rankings in soon, then.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:06 am
wekka wrote:Ill get my rankings in soon, then.
Sounds good.  Thanks.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:11 pm
Sergei will remain ranked at number 8 next month since he is now signed to M-1 and will be fighting in November.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:13 pm
Since Ka lost, who do you all think deserves the spot in the HW contenders; Tybura for his win over Ka and placement in the M-1 HW GP finals or Peter Graham?
wekka
wekka

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:45 pm
Peter Graham's resume is far superior to Tybura's one win over Ka.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:07 pm
wekka wrote:Peter Graham's resume is far superior to Tybura's one win over Ka.
I agree, also rolles, Ishii and even huckaba
Adax

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:51 pm
CDF47 wrote:Sergei will remain ranked at number 8 next month since he is now signed to M-1 and will be fighting in November.
I was sure you'd send him back to #1 immediately What a Face 
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm
Alight going with Graham.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:36 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
I agree, also rolles, Ishii and even huckaba
Rolles will be in as well. Dropping Russow due to inactivity and the fact he hasn't signed with anyone.  Who knows what he is doing.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:37 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Sergei will remain ranked at number 8 next month since he is now signed to M-1 and will be fighting in November.
I was sure you'd send him back to #1 immediately What a Face 
You know I want to but I would take too much shit for it here.  LOL
KSW
KSW

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:37 am
CDF47 wrote:Since Ka lost, who do you all think deserves the spot in the HW contenders; Tybura for his win over Ka and placement in the M-1 HW GP finals or Peter Graham?
Put Graham and Tybura in the contenders. Drop Russow.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:30 pm
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Since Ka lost, who do you all think deserves the spot in the HW contenders; Tybura for his win over Ka and placement in the M-1 HW GP finals or Peter Graham?
Rolles beat Graham when they fought. Subbed him in the 1st round. Rolles is 8-1 and looking good lately so I think he should be ahead of both Graham and Tybura. The toughest call I think is placing Graham or Tybura in the final contenders spot. I would like to add them both but only room for one of them. If Tybura is off the list, he could jump to top 5 with a win over Gluhov. If that happened, Graham would get bumped out.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:52 am
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:
Rolles beat Graham when they fought.  Subbed him in the 1st round.  Rolles is 8-1 and looking good lately so I think he should be ahead of both Graham and Tybura.  The toughest call I think is placing Graham or Tybura in the final contenders spot.  I would like to add them both but only room for one of them.  If Tybura is off the list, he could jump to top 5 with a win over Gluhov.  If that happened, Graham would get bumped out.
I agree but the thing is that graham has beaten gluhov twice!
KSW
KSW

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:36 am
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:
Rolles beat Graham when they fought.  Subbed him in the 1st round.  Rolles is 8-1 and looking good lately so I think he should be ahead of both Graham and Tybura.  The toughest call I think is placing Graham or Tybura in the final contenders spot.  I would like to add them both but only room for one of them.  If Tybura is off the list, he could jump to top 5 with a win over Gluhov.  If that happened, Graham would get bumped out.
Gracie beat Graham in 2009 when Graham was 0-2 in mma. In the last 2 years Graham has bigger wins and should be ranked higher.

Rolles never beat anyone ranked as high as Ka and that could give Tybura the spot in contenders. Tybura is undefeated while Rolles was TKOed by Beltran in 2010.

We have to look at what ranking the opponents had when they fought. Gracies win against Graham is nothing since Graham wasn´t ranked in the top 100 back then.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:35 am
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:
Gracie beat Graham in 2009 when Graham was 0-2 in mma. In the last 2 years Graham has bigger wins and should be ranked higher.

Rolles never beat anyone ranked as high as Ka and that could give Tybura the spot in contenders. Tybura is undefeated while Rolles was TKOed by Beltran in 2010.

We have to look at what ranking the opponents had when they fought. Gracies win against Graham is nothing since Graham wasn´t ranked in the top 100 back then.
You can't never discount a win! That simple is the proof that when they fought who was better, in the rankings a lot of times we assume who will win, but in this case we actually know who is ahead of who, I've been campaigning for graham to be in the rankings as cd knows, but rolles has to be ahead of him for sure
KSW
KSW

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:

You can't never discount a win! That simple is the proof that when they fought who was better, in the rankings a lot of times we assume who will win, but in this case we actually know who is ahead of who, I've been campaigning for graham to be in the rankings as cd knows, but rolles has to be ahead of him for sure
You´re wrong. Rankings are based on where the opponents are ranked at the time you fight. If Graham, for an example, beat Gluhov now instead of before his win against Garner then Graham would be ranked at #2.

When Rolles beat Graham in 2009 he was new to mma and that shouldn´t affect the rankings today since Graham beat higher ranked guys in the last 2 years.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:25 pm
KSW wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:Put Graham and Tybura in the contenders. Drop Russow.

You´re wrong. Rankings are based on where the opponents are ranked at the time you fight. If Graham, for an example, beat Gluhov now instead of before his win against Garner then Graham would be ranked at #2.

When Rolles beat Graham in 2009 he was new to mma and that shouldn´t affect the rankings today since Graham beat higher ranked guys in the last 2 years.
Remember my friend if we have different opinions does not make mine wrong! This is an mma forum discussion, so we need to respect difference of opinions
KSW
KSW

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:58 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Remember my friend if we have different opinions does not make mine wrong! This is an mma forum discussion, so we need to respect difference of opinions
No offense intended I´m just saying how rankings work. You climb the rankings by beating fighters who have a good ranking. If we only look at who won in old fights Joaquim Ferreira would be ranked higher than JDS, Overeem would be ranked higher than Werdum, Cro Cop higher than Barnett, McCorkle higher than Hunt and so on..
MR.WILLIE

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm
KSW wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:
No offense intended I´m just saying how rankings work. You climb the rankings by beating fighters who have a good ranking. If we only look at who won in old fights Joaquim Ferreira would be ranked higher than JDS, Overeem would be ranked higher than Werdum, Cro Cop higher than Barnett, McCorkle higher than Hunt and so on..
no problem...still imo rolles 8-1 with a win over graham deserves to be ahead of graham 8-5
KSW
KSW

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
KSW wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:
no problem...still imo rolles 8-1 with a win over graham deserves to be ahead of graham 8-5
I respect your opinion but like I said their individual meeting was 4 years ago and after that Graham beat Aleks and Gluhov x 2 while Rolles only beat low tier fighters. I have no problem with having Gracie in the contenders I just think it´s more important to look att recent record than old fights.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:26 pm
cool johan...in this one we disagree and other times we fight together!!! lol...take care bro
KSW
KSW

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:32 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:cool johan...in this one we disagree and other times we fight together!!! lol...take care bro
Cool man. I´m only trying to state my opinion so we have a clear view of how to rank the fighters in the G-MMA Rankings. It´s hard but we need to rank the fighters as objective as possible and recent record should be the main focus.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:56 pm
Those are good points Johan and that is how rankings should work.  We had Rolles in the rankings for a moment before though, way before we started discussing the addition of Graham.  I've had Rolles sitting on the cusp of getting back into the rankings for a while at number 16 but others kept jumping ahead of him.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:06 pm
cd and wekka keep an eye on jimmie rivera 14-1 135 pounder, dont know why bellator did not kept him? ring of combat champ, he has moved to wsof and will fight on wsof 5....

the fight will have implication on who marlon moraes will face next
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:cd and wekka keep an eye on jimmie rivera 14-1 135 pounder, dont know why bellator did not kept him? ring of combat champ, he has moved to wsof and will fight on wsof 5....

the fight will have implication on who marlon moraes will face next
Looks impressive.  Will have to watch out for him.  Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Moraes for a new BW belt.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum