GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013

+6
KSW
wekka
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Realidea
MR.WILLIE
CDF47
10 posters
Go down
wekka
wekka

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:59 pm
Been on my watchlist for a long time after beating Cullum.

Can't believe both Bellator and the UFC let him go.
KSW
KSW

Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - August 2013

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:44 am
CDF47 wrote:Those are good points Johan and that is how rankings should work.  We had Rolles in the rankings for a moment before though, way before we started discussing the addition of Graham.  I've had Rolles sitting on the cusp of getting back into the rankings for a while at number 16 but others kept jumping ahead of him.
Rolles is good and I don´t mind if he´s among the contenders. My main point that I tried to explain for WILLIE is we need to use the same criteria when we rank the fighters. Many people don´t understand why Gluhov, for an example, is ranked so high. He did lose 2 times to Graham but according to our ranking criteria the ranking at the time of the fight is most important. Beating Gluhov back then was not the same as beating Gluhov now. Gluhov beat top ranked Garner and leapfrogged a lot of fighters. That might sound weird but it´s the way it has to be.

I´m not going to complain about Rolles but everyone need to understand that his win against Graham (0-2) in 2009 is not the same as beating Graham today. Their old fight is actually kinda irrelevant to the rankings today.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:34 am
They were at equal conditions, rolles had only 2 mma fights also, he was in the contenders before and he is 5-1 in his last 6, I'm rooting for both Peter and rolles
wekka
wekka

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 pm
I think the criteria has potential to be really broken if more occasions like this arise.

I really don't think anything that has a 2-0 record against someone should be ranked below that person.
KSW
KSW

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 pm
wekka wrote:I think the criteria has potential to be really broken if more occasions like this arise.

I really don't think anything that has a 2-0 record against someone should be ranked below that person.
Barnett has been ranked higher than Cro Cop for a long time.
wekka
wekka

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:56 pm
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:I think the criteria has potential to be really broken if more occasions like this arise.

Barnett has been ranked higher than Cro Cop for a long time.
I think that's a clear difference though, since Cro Cop has struggled to keep a .500 record since those fights.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:07 pm
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Those are good points Johan and that is how rankings should work.  We had Rolles in the rankings for a moment before though, way before we started discussing the addition of Graham.  I've had Rolles sitting on the cusp of getting back into the rankings for a while at number 16 but others kept jumping ahead of him.
Rolles is good and I don´t mind if he´s among the contenders. My main point that I tried to explain for WILLIE is we need to use the same criteria when we rank the fighters. Many people don´t understand why Gluhov, for an example, is ranked so high. He did lose 2 times to Graham but according to our ranking criteria the ranking at the time of the fight is most important. Beating Gluhov back then was not the same as beating Gluhov now. Gluhov beat top ranked Garner and leapfrogged a lot of fighters. That might sound weird but it´s the way it has to be.

I´m not going to complain about Rolles but everyone need to understand that his win against Graham (0-2) in 2009 is not the same as beating Graham today. Their old fight is actually kinda irrelevant to the rankings today.
Agreed, that is how they work.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

If they beat someone higher than that person, then they could possibly jump over them.  When Werdum beat Fedor, he jumped over JDS who smashed him in seconds as just one example out of a many examples.  I always take it into consideration when someone has a win or two over another ranked fighter, it is hard to pass them up, but they potentially could with wins over fighters ranked above them.

If there wins are over unranked fighters, they are unlikely to pass a guy that beat them in the recent past.  Like Slava is kind of stuck behind Falcao, even though he just smashed Prangley.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:09 pm
Well the Graham/Tybura debate is settled.  Kongo will be added to the top 10 as we planned earlier so neither will make it in this month.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum