GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Greatest Of All

Bellators Bajorn Rebney Responds back to dana white Empty Bellators Bajorn Rebney Responds back to dana white

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:05 am
It may have been the case for years there was no war of words between UFC President Dana White and Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney, those days are seemingly long since over.

During a recent press scrum in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to promote the rematch between UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva, White was asked by the local media if he'd ever be interested in purchasing Bellator MMA.

"There's nothing there," White responded to the question. "If you look at any other company we ended up buying in the past, there was value. There's no value to that company whatsoever." White went on to explain other organizations the UFC's parent company in Zuffa  purchased also possessed video libraries he considered valuable.

In response to White's remarks, Rebney issued a statement to MMA Fighting, which reads as follows:

"It hasn't been my practice to respond to his ongoing focus on Bellator.  My focus is on the expansion of the Bellator brand worldwide and constantly creating a better more exciting, entertaining product for our fans.  But....when he lofts softballs like this over the plate, you just have to take a swing.  And, the facts here are that the UFC's Partners at FOX just made a multi-year commitment, worth tens of millions of dollars to the Bellator brand.  If that doesn't paint a clear picture on value, I don't know what would.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/2/4796384/bjorn-rebney-responds-to-dana-whites-no-value-bellator-slam
SRC
SRC

Bellators Bajorn Rebney Responds back to dana white Empty Re: Bellators Bajorn Rebney Responds back to dana white

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 am
Both are scumbags. Bjorn is just not as big of a scumbag on camera.

Bellators Bajorn Rebney Responds back to dana white BJIun1O
loyalty13
loyalty13

Bellators Bajorn Rebney Responds back to dana white Empty Re: Bellators Bajorn Rebney Responds back to dana white

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 am
SRC wrote:Both are scumbags. Bjorn is just not as big of a scumbag on camera.
this.

Bjorn did burn dana though:P

http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 am
Just curious. I've followed Dana's career quite closely for more than a decade and am well aware of most-of the scumbag things he's done on camera and off. I'm not as familiar with Bjorn. Can you document like say 5-10 scumbag things Bjorn has done??? Check that, even 3 would do.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:47 am
Dana only shit talks a company when he feels threatened by them. Nothing new here. Bjellator is going to keep expanding and gaining steam. Will it overtake the UFC? Probably not. But it will make continue to make its mark, and there's not a damn thing Zuffa can do about it!

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
KSW
KSW

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 am
I´m definietly rooting for Bjorn. I haven´t heard him talk shit about great fighters like Dana does. Dana needs to be chased out of the sport asap. The harm Dana and his mafia brothers have done is almost irreparable.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:02 pm
I'm still awaiting you backing up your statement here with some documented proof. Again, it doesn't even have to be 5-10. 3 solid things would even do??? You equated Bjorn to Dana so whatever you provide they better be really big, really big. lol

Make sure to keep contractual things out of your documented scumbag evidence. Things like where Bjorn/Bellator used the exact same legal language, terms, & conditions copied directly from a UFC contract. Just for fairness to both Bjorn & Dana, also keep out any Bellator contractual things that Dana White & Zuffa would exercise their same rights to do. Things like making it extremely hard for champions to leave with auto renewed contracts or defined material matching clauses that do not include any promissorial non-guaranteed financial opportunities for their re-negotiating fighters from competitor organizations.

Dagwood wrote:
Just curious. I've followed Dana's career quite closely for more than a decade and am well aware of most-of the scumbag things he's done on camera and off. I'm not as familiar with Bjorn. Can you document like say 5-10 scumbag things Bjorn has done??? Check that, even 3 would do.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum