GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting Empty Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:27 pm
Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting 130andersonsilvavsyushinokami-1314805888_gallery_post.0_standard_709.0

And just like that, Yushin Okami has found a new home.

The former UFC middleweight title contender has signed an exclusive, multi-fight deal with World Series of Fighting, the promotion's president Ray Sefo and executive vice president Ali Abdel-Aziz confirmed with MMAFighting.com.

Okami will make his WSOF debut "around March" 2014, however, a specific date and opponent hasn't been finalized. "Thunder" will compete in the organization's middleweight division.

Okami (29-8) was released from the UFC last month following his first-round TKO loss to Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza. Prior to that loss, he had won his last three fights in a row. The 32-year-old made his Octagon debut at UFC 62 in Aug. 2006 and went 13-5 in the organization. The last time the Japanese-born fighter competed outside the UFC was over seven years ago.

World Series of Fighting's next event is scheduled for Oct. 26 in Coral Gables, Fla., and it will be headlined by Josh Burkman vs. Steve Carl for the promotion's inaugural welterweight title.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/13/4835236/yushin-okami-signs-with-world-series-of-fighting
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting Empty Re: Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:40 pm
Nice! Okami was going to be a great catch where ever he went. WSOF's roster is really becoming something in such a short time.
Adax

Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting Empty Re: Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:00 pm
Hahah I read on tumblr someone compare WSOF with the red cross of MMA Laughing 

Smart of WSOF to take in Okami, I'm personally finally starting to see the light with this organization.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 pm
Very good pickup for WSOF. He should fight tournament winner for the MW belt as his first fight.
Adax

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:23 pm
CDF47 wrote:Very good pickup for WSOF.  He should fight tournament winner for the MW belt as his first fight.
I think he should have to have at least one fight first to prove himself, I mean look what happened to Fitch in his first fight outside of the UFC. If WSOF is looking to legitimize then they shouldn't give title shots to fighters coming off losses just because they were in the UFC beforehand.
MR.WILLIE

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:31 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Very good pickup for WSOF.  He should fight tournament winner for the MW belt as his first fight.
I think he should have to have at least one fight first to prove himself, I mean look what happened to Fitch in his first fight outside of the UFC. If WSOF is looking to legitimize then they shouldn't give title shots to fighters coming off losses just because they were in the UFC beforehand.
i agree, and wsof will not hand him an inmediate title fight!

mutapcic vs taylor goes down in december, so is impossible that the winner faces branch in january wsof 8.

most likely okami fights in march and its not sure that the wsof title fight will happen by then/

wsof second canadian event is rumored to happen in montreal in 2014 march possibly so is

possible okami fights there, possibly a canadian veteran like joe doerksen fights him?
megaronnie
megaronnie

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 pm
Still don't quite understand okami getting cut.
KSW
KSW

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 am
I hope to see him becoming a stepping stone for upcoming talents.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum