GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Dane white is block ben funk from face GSP Empty Dane white is block ben funk from face GSP

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 pm
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1h
Dana says Ben has some work to do. "He barely beat Jay Hieron."

Terrible decision! Ellenberger barely beat Hieron and they have him main eventing.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Dane white is block ben funk from face GSP Empty Re: Dane white is block ben funk from face GSP

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:46 pm
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1h
Dana says Ben has some work to do. "He barely beat Jay Hieron."

Terrible decision! Ellenberger barely beat Hieron and they have him main eventing.
While he is right he did barley beat hieron. Ellenburger is arguable 0-2 against him typical Zuffa bs
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Dane white is block ben funk from face GSP Empty Re: Dane white is block ben funk from face GSP

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:33 pm
dane white say this he can fight in another organization and work his way up and go from there."
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:36 pm
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:dane white say this he can fight in another organization and work his way up and go from there."
Ben all ready work up the from the ranking.wtf does he had to work way up again since already prove him self that he is legit.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:37 pm
Dana White just wants an excuse to lowball this kid. Fucking ridiculous Dane white is block ben funk from face GSP 3400597350.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm
Dana doesn't want to bring him in so that Ben can beat the UFC's ass. It would look bad for Zuffa.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 pm
true
MR.WILLIE

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:47 pm
“It doesn’t change anything,” White told MMAjunkie.com of Askren’s release from Bellator affecting the UFC’s potential of signing him. “(We have) no interest. I’m sure (World Series of Fighting) will pick him up. They [Bellator] don’t want him. It’s their champion, and they don’t want him. What does that say?

“I feel sorry for the kids that fight there. I do. I truly feel sorry for the kids that have to be stuck in that s–thole. The fact you would just give away a guy that has gone undefeated for you, it just shows what kind of people you are, what kind of business you do. And as far as the level he’s on, he barely beat Jay Hieron. He’s got some work to do. He can fight in another organization and work his way up here some day.”

Askren (12-0) initially gave a “no comment” via text message when contacted just hours after an earlier interview with MMAjunkie about his release from Bellator, which came this morning.

Moments later, after digesting White’s latest comment, Askren wrote, “(Dana) said he was interested two months ago, nothing had changed. We will see what happens.”

White’s latest comments come three months after he said the UFC would talk to Askren, who ended his Bellator contract with a TKO win over Andrey Koreshkov and then entered a restricted free agency period. The UFC executive later railed at Bellator when its chairman and CEO, Bjorn Rebney, offered to unconditionally release Askren from his contract if he were to be granted an immediate shot at the UFC welterweight title.

“They’re playing f—ing games,” White told MMAjunkie.com. “I don’t care what they’re doing. It doesn’t matter to me.”

At one point, Askren, a two-time NCAA Division I national champion wrestler and 2008 Olympian, gave hints that he might hang up his gloves if caught in a protracted battle to become a free agent.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:17 am
The Hieron fight was two years ago. Two years ago his lightweight champion Anthony Pettis was getting decisioned by Clay Guida and looked like shit in that fight. That's just some nonsense excuse. He's just afraid ugly face Askren will pwn GSP and make his company look bad by having Djork's reigning champ beat his.
SRC
SRC

Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:09 am
Remember, Dana has said in the past he'll say he doesn't have interest and say whatever it takes to get the media to stop asking about signings. Negotiations are private, and it's easier to downplay everything than have people wondering how much these guys make and their market value to the UFC.
adam
adam

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:37 am
This just goes to prove that UFC is more about entertainment than fighting credentials and standings.

It seriously hurts the legitimacy of the sport. It's our job to help bring awareness of the direction of the UFC to ignorant fans.

And I don't mean ignorant in a condescending way.

While it makes me sick, I also realize this a big gain for the international MMA scene.

I think they'll still sign up though. Dana may not want him, but I bet Joe Silva does.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum