GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I miss strikeforce.

+7
stu3ufc
fka
God of Thunder
Heretic
Dagwood
sparkuri
iforgotmypassword
11 posters
Go down
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

I miss strikeforce. Empty I miss strikeforce.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:22 am
It was my favorite american promotion. The real strikeforce, not the corpse zuffa ran. Coker before he sold out ran a great company.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

I miss strikeforce. Empty Re: I miss strikeforce.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:25 am
lol

I miss strikeforce. DANASTRIKEFORCE-copy
sparkuri
sparkuri

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:44 am
I do too.
Was a polished show, classy, respectful, professional.
'Twas a sad day when they sold out...
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:57 am
I'm not sure if Coker is still with zuffa. If he's not the non-compete in his SF buyout contract should be up or be up soon. If he's still with them, he should quit and start the clock ticking until he is free & clear.

Coker is a guy that could do even greater things with Bellator. He could also do things that no one from over here has done in some of the Asian markets. He knows exactly why PRIDE did what it did from inside out. Unlike the idiots that bought it... Coker knows how model many of the things that made it successful. Especially in Asia. Zuffa lit a match to the master plans of PRIDE right after they burned the business to the ground. What a bunch of f'n idiots.
Heretic
Heretic

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:02 am
iforgotmypassword wrote:It was my favorite american promotion. The real strikeforce, not the corpse zuffa ran. Coker before he sold out ran a great company.

Coker did not sell out his investors pulled the plug and sold to zuffa
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:29 am
Probably second best promotion after PRIDE. Zuffa knew they had a good thing going and got scared.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:31 am
Dagwood wrote:I'm not sure if Coker is still with zuffa. If he's not the non-compete in his SF buyout contract should be up or be up soon. If he's still with them, he should quit and start the clock ticking until he is free & clear.

Coker is a guy that could do even greater things with Bellator. He could also do things that no one from over here has done in some of the Asian markets. He knows exactly why PRIDE did what it did from inside out. Unlike the idiots that bought it... Coker knows how model many of the things that made it successful. Especially in Asia. Zuffa lit a match to the master plans of PRIDE right after they burned the business to the ground. What a bunch of f'n idiots.
Bellator should work with Coker if possible. Like you said he has the right connections in asia and knows how to do business in a respectful way.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:24 pm
Strikeforce was EPIC

California is the epicenter of mma always producing high level talent and supporting fighters to the fullest.

I loved strikeforce and Coker

I'd like to see him join with bellator or even start a new org more the merrier.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:06 pm
fka wrote:Strikeforce was EPIC

California is the epicenter of mma always producing high level talent and supporting fighters to the fullest.

I loved strikeforce and Coker

Strikeforce was fucking amazing. then rogan and dana were saying it was full of mismatches thats why there were so many finishes etc....the moment they buy them they promote the fuck out the fighters they disrespected like overeem, diaz, melendez. Then they cut all the GLORY fighters

If it wasnt for SF fighters coming over UFC would have gotten boring years earlier and would probably still have Edgar vs Penn 4,5,6 for the LW title.
sparkuri
sparkuri

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:23 am
If Coker worked with Bellator, or anyone else, I'd know that org. is for sale.
Too bad, that guy should run the show.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:28 am
If coker had a partnership with pride in 2007 the UFC would be out of business by now.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:15 am
Jeepers... With Dana's job approval ratings lately I hope Lorenzo would never do something stupid like replacing him with Coker.  No 
adam
adam

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 am
Me too.

And actually their Hexagon is one of the only versions of the cage that I actually kind of dig. I still will always prefer the ring but for some reason, I didn't hate their cage "as much" as all the other promotions that use it.

It just look more professional.

Actually, Strikeforce looked more professional all around than the UFC. I liked the blue and red gloves too to signify each corner. Their video packages and specials were much better too.

Showtime production > UFC and FOX.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 pm
SF was great until UFC killed it.  HW division was stacked up and they had real good fighters in all divs.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm
My mind is failing me but as I remember Coker owned 49% of Strikeforce and his partner SVSE had 51%. SVSE sold their share to Zuffa but what would have happened if Coker didn´t sell his part of the company? Did he have a choice?

Heretic
Heretic

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 pm
Golden Age wrote:My mind is failing me but as I remember Coker owned 49% of Strikeforce and his partner SVSE had 51%. SVSE sold their share to Zuffa but what would have happened if Coker didn´t sell his part of the company? Did he have a choice?

If memory serves me correctly Coker did not want to sell SF his investors sold it to make there money back
wekka
wekka

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 pm
Golden Age wrote:My mind is failing me but as I remember Coker owned 49% of Strikeforce and his partner SVSE had 51%. SVSE sold their share to Zuffa but what would have happened if Coker didn´t sell his part of the company? Did he have a choice?

That's majority stake, which pretty much gave Zuffa total control.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm
Heretic wrote:

If memory serves me correctly Coker did not want to sell SF his investors sold it to make there money back
Yes they sold their share but did Coker have to sell his 49%?
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 pm
wekka wrote:

More than 50 procent gives you the control, that´s right. I still wonder if Coker had to sell his part. He talked about how Zuffa would keep Strikeforce going, why couldn´t he kept his share of the company then?
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:01 am
Strikeforce was a favorite of mine too. Some of my favorite events were Strikeforce. Alot of my favorite fighters were Strikeforce fighters too. It's a shame that Zuffa tore apart their heavy weight tournament.

And the Red and Green gloves were cool and convenient too. Don't know why no one else has done it.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:43 am
Golden Age wrote:
wekka wrote:

More than 50 procent gives you the control, that´s right. I still wonder if Coker had to sell his part. He talked about how Zuffa would keep Strikeforce going, why couldn´t he kept his share of the company then?

Coker said that SF was not financially viable at that point because San Jose Shark guys where still pumping cash into growing the company it to gain market share on Zuffa in hopes of seeing it profitable down the road.

There is no reason that zuffa would want to get into a partnership with Coker. That's simply not the way they operate. They had ZERO plans to keep SF going. This was the PRIDE purchase 2.0.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:13 am
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparkuri
sparkuri

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:41 am

I did not know this.
So I take back what I said.
Coker is a class act, and I hope he gets an opportunity to do some work with an org in the future.
It does seem likely that Zuffa would pay the guy $500,000.00 a year to just not do anything....
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:00 pm
Dagwood wrote:They had ZERO plans to keep SF going. This was the PRIDE purchase 2.0.

Rolling LMAO NO SHIT!!! only a blind retarded moron would say otherwise!

It was fucking obvious when that piece of shit Dana sat down next to that slimy snake Ariel Helwani and spouted "Business as usual"

Yeah Business as usual for ZUFFA!
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:26 pm
there were hundreds of diehard strikeforce fans on sherdog that thought the purchase was great for strikeforce. They flamed me when I said it was the end.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum