GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
adam
adam

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  Empty Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 pm
Wedensday afternoon, UFC president Dana White revealed that he had recently offered a fight to two-time former Welterweight contender Nick Diaz. According to White, he proposed a match between Nick and former Bellator Middleweight champion turned 170 lber Hector Lombard. However, Diaz failed to respond to the offer.

After hearing the news, MMA Fighting contracted Diaz to get his side of the story. Nick confirmed that he was offered a fight and stopped responding. He also went on to explain his decision:

"I never considered anything other than to renegotiate my contract or fight (champion) Johny Hendricks," he said. "All I said was, What am I getting paid? And he said, Let me check your contract. And the last text I got from him was what I would be fighting for. I didn't consider fighting for that kind of money. I didn't say anything back to him, right, but usually that means something. I'm not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000. There's no way.

"I'm retired. Completely retired. Unless the UFC wants to renegotiate for something I'm happy with or I'm going to be fighting for the world title, which is obviously going to be for something I'm happy with because I'll make a ton of money.

"The UFC wants me to fight. The people want me to fight. I don't want me to fight. So if we're going to need me to fight, we're going to have to work out the right deal."

Nick isn't the only Diaz brother who's unhappy with his current compensation under the Zuffa umbrella. Earlier this week, Lightweight Nate Diaz also expressed frustration with his current pay. Nick addressed that issue as well:

"You see this stuff about my brother right now? I gotta watch him go through that bullsh*t. It's kinda harsh. That's my brother. That's my fault that he's even in this. He doesn't want to fight either, but he's not going to get a job at Wal-Mart, and he didn't make a million dollars his last fight. So he doesn't have a lot of options, and I don't like that. Something needs to be done about that, especially when you have someone as entertaining as my brother."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/9/5599916/ufc-nick-diaz-im-not-fighting-for-anything-less-than-500k-mma-news
adam
adam

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  Empty Re: Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:46 pm
Admittedly, I'm a huge Diaz fan but I think he's totally worth it.

He's one of the only draws they have now.

Say what you will about the guy, but people will pay to watch Nick fight.

I don't think he deserves a title fight without a good win but he deserves a fat check for all his fights. All fighters need to get paid more.

ZUFFA needs to start paying their stars like stars.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  Empty Re: Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:33 pm
adam wrote:

This is their only star!

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  Dana

everyone else is a slave employee

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  14733510_1840363246233024_4218577591788896256_n

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  Lol
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:41 pm
Dana should offer him $499,999 just to be a dick cat

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  14733510_1840363246233024_4218577591788896256_n

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  Lol
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:18 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
adam wrote:

This is their only star!

Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than 500k"  Dana

everyone else is a slave employee
Sadly that´s the truth. Dana gets the dough and is the face of mma.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum