GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumored Returns of Pride FC

+13
Rocksoldier84
Adax
westcott123
God of Thunder
fka
Dorch
TeamJohnPerretti
Heretic
Hamilcar
stu3ufc
nodogoshi
CDF47
CODELMJVG
17 posters
Go down
westcott123
westcott123

Rumored Returns of Pride FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumored Returns of Pride FC

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:11 pm
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:PRIDE may be returning under Sakakibara on NYE.  From the rumors it sounds like Bellator and Coker will be a partner.  Fedor may be signed as well.  Below is an interview with Nog where he talks about the potential return of PRIDE near the end of the video.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Exclusive-Minotauro-Addresses-the-Rumored-Returns-of-Pride-FC-Fedor-Emelianenko-89661

Yes but remember pride is owned by zuffa so really supporting pride right now is supporting zuffa yes I know I don't like it either but it is true if a person thinks about it .......unless sakikkabarra managed to buy pride back with some secret deal of some sort now would be awesome .  

I think by return of PRIDE, it may be a PRIDE like org. with different name.  If Sakikabara can buy the name back, that would be cool.

That would be cool pride is a kick ass name for an Mma org way better then the UFC .
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:15 am
Well, PRIDE will never "officially" come back because Zuffa will never get rid of the name or video library as that makes them money.

I hope for a successful spiritual successor. I wouldn't mind DREAM back since Sakakibara knew the guys at REAL Entertainment. DREAM had a great name and phenomenal theme music.

My only thing is doesn't Sakakibara have too much dirty laundry. I know he was never charged with anything and the scandal was nine years ago but I have to think there are many people who would want to see him fail like Miro Mijatovic or the people at Shukan Gendai.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:04 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:the scandal was nine years ago

Excellent point, ripe time for a proper comeback.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 am
nodogoshi wrote:

I dont know Japan but it annoys me how everyone turned their back on the sport because of it.... you'd have to be stupid to not know corruption occurs not only in other sports but in business/ industry as well.

you must be silly if you think the UFC is clean as whistle Rolling LMAO
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:12 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

I dont know Japan but it annoys me how everyone turned their back on the sport because of it.... you'd have to be stupid to not know corruption occurs not only in other sports but in business/ industry as well.

You answered your own question there.

Japanese do/believe whatever they're told.

They believe that it creates a harmonious society.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:37 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:PRIDE may be returning under Sakakibara on NYE.  From the rumors it sounds like Bellator and Coker will be a partner.  Fedor may be signed as well.  Below is an interview with Nog where he talks about the potential return of PRIDE near the end of the video.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Exclusive-Minotauro-Addresses-the-Rumored-Returns-of-Pride-FC-Fedor-Emelianenko-89661

Yes but remember pride is owned by zuffa so really supporting pride right now is supporting zuffa yes I know I don't like it either but it is true if a person thinks about it .......unless sakikkabarra managed to buy pride back with some secret deal of some sort now would be awesome .  

I think by return of PRIDE, it may be a PRIDE like org. with different name.  If Sakikabara can buy the name back, that would be cool.

That would be cool pride is a kick ass name for an Mma org way better then the UFC .

Yeah, they would have to buy the name back so probably not likely but would be cool. Org. name is not as important as the ring and PRIDE rules though.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:33 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

I'm saying the Japanese must know corruption occurs everywhere..... it sucks the entire sport got abandonned by the majority because of it.... PRIDE events literally sold out 90,000 people men, women, children...families....

just sucks pale
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:54 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

I'm saying the Japanese must know corruption occurs everywhere..... it sucks the entire sport got abandonned by the majority because of it.... PRIDE events literally sold out 90,000 people men, women, children...families....

just sucks pale

I'm telling you they are told that everything is above board so they mindlessly believe it. Therefore, when the rabbit gets out of the bag it blows the little fantasy.

Of course prize fighting is corrupt as hell, this is true the world over. As with sports. (And music. etc.)

And of course anyone connected to it in Japan knows it too.

But Japanese people prefer to live in their dreamland, do and believe what they're told, and be good little slaves for their bosses.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:06 am
nodogoshi wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

just sucks pale

I'm telling you they are told that everything is above board so they mindlessly believe it. Therefore, when the rabbit gets out of the bag it blows the little fantasy.

Of course prize fighting is corrupt as hell, this is true the world over. As with sports. (And music. etc.)

And of course anyone connected to it in Japan knows it too.

But Japanese people prefer to live in their dreamland, do and believe what they're told, and be good little slaves for their bosses.

Does help from somebody that lives in Japan that's actively acknowledge the culture.
Can give a genuine relevant response. Is there any way they can revive it probably not the same height as pride but more sport and legitimacy like one championship route.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:13 am
One, road or ect any of those orgs. There building the deep pool of Asian talent since there potential of co-promotion the impact can be huge push let alone japan mma but overall Asian MMA. I like my mma different and unique.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:58 am
yeah it does thanks nodogoshi for the info on Japan

I just love JMMA so much and Bellazuffa just gets boring for me. I wish the japanese people would have faith again and support it because without their support we cant enjoy these epic grand events.

But Japanese people prefer to live in their dreamland, do and believe what they're told, and be good little slaves for their bosses. wrote:

Rolling LMAO
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 am
stu3ufc wrote:yeah it does thanks nodogoshi for the info on Japan

I just love JMMA so much and Bellazuffa just gets boring for me. I wish the japanese people would have faith again and support it because without their support we cant enjoy these epic grand events.

Rolling LMAO

Honestly that's a bygone era.

Pride was a phenomenon.

MMA is a fringe sport now.

I don't think anyone cares about combat sports anymore.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 am
nodogoshi wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:yeah it does thanks nodogoshi for the info on Japan

Rolling LMAO

Honestly that's a bygone era.

Pride was a phenomenon.

MMA is a fringe sport now.

I don't think anyone cares about combat sports anymore.

sadly! If I can just have a solid sengoku/dream type show I'd be so happy
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:14 pm
A DREAM/Sengoku show with PRIDE rules would be unreal. I'd be very happy with that as well.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:05 am
CDF47 wrote:A DREAM/Sengoku show with PRIDE rules would be unreal.  I'd be very happy with that as well.

Yeah dream sengoku was ok it was tolerable but the rules set of four point attack like kicks and stomps or even elbows needs to be there to be legitimate.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:31 pm
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:A DREAM/Sengoku show with PRIDE rules would be unreal.  I'd be very happy with that as well.

Yeah dream sengoku was ok it was tolerable but the rules set of four point attack like kicks and stomps or even elbows needs to be there to be legitimate.

Agreed
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:35 pm
CODELMJVG wrote:

Elbows on the ground belongs to the zuffa version of mma. I don´t like it.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:16 pm
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:

Elbows on the ground belongs to the zuffa version of mma. I don´t like it.

Well we have different view how the fight goes but the stand up can be full muay thai but that's is my opinion. The ground can be pride rules.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:50 am
let's hope it returns on NYE, obviously won't be called PRIDE FC due to Zuffa owning the rights
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:58 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:let's hope it returns on NYE, obviously won't be called PRIDE FC due to Zuffa owning the rights

I hope so. NYE was the original rumor from the Coker/Sakakibara article.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:24 pm
CDF47 wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:let's hope it returns on NYE, obviously won't be called PRIDE FC due to Zuffa owning the rights

I hope so.  NYE was the original rumor from the Coker/Sakakibara article.

Question is are they going to use a ring and pride rules or a cage and unified rules .
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:20 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I hope so.  NYE was the original rumor from the Coker/Sakakibara article.

Question is are they going to use a ring and pride rules or a cage and  unified rules .
Yup, they could call it Turd FC for all I care. It´s not about the name, it´s about how they approach combat sports. UFC version of PRIDE is irrelevant.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:11 pm
^Would be cool if they could get the name, but I definitely agree, the ring, rules, fighters, and presentation are really what matter.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 am
PRIDEFORCE would be cool name!
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:56 am
Is there any way from the fans can cause a stir of attention. Like a petition of some sort or a rally. I know it might not be a big idea since it is the internet.
This can be positive exposure and importance from coming from the fans from all over the world give a voice there opinions question to possible request from the fans want to see and feedback. To bring the old successor back. Like this forum can talk about it but can there be action to show that people care about the difference of MMA especially the uniqueness of pride fc. To gain feedback Maybe asking Coker or Sakakibara that the fans want something similar of combat of pride fc not one with cage.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum