GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses

+7
fka
nodogoshi
Kingfedor
westcott123
Rocksoldier84
CDF47
Longtime Fan
11 posters
Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses Empty Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:33 pm
Hahaha the fertittas and Dana must be worried about their future top star in the making tapping so prematurely to an arm triangle that wasn't even that tight.

Got Warrior spirit?
Nah

That's what happens when you invest so much into an unproven talent.

To be fair I like sage's attitude. He will come back stronger. But his ground game was exposed hardcore today. He needs better training.

Ufc doesn't know shit when it comes to building up a fighter slowly and surely, they have a history of prematurely throwing young up and comers To the wolves

All they know is how to build up their own ufc brand. That's all.

2 down, 1 to go (mcgregor).
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses Empty Re: Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:48 pm
Yeah, he tapped out pretty quick
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses Empty Re: Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:40 pm
Northcutt seems like a good kid and maybe he has potential but the UFC screwed up here. It seems like the UFC doesn't know how to produce stars. All they do these days is pick a few promising ones and shove them down people's throats. Seriously, who's bright fucking idea was it for Dana to pick Northcutt and PVZ as future stars when neither have gotten enough fights? Northcutt is 19 and has had less than 10 fights yet they act like he's a future champion. Maybe he is but it's too soon to tell. UFC needs these people to develop before acting like their the stars of the future.

I guess they thought he was a star cause he appeared on Dana's reality show. First The Ultimate Fighter and now Looking For A Fight. What is it with UFC using reality shows to find new talent?
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:13 pm
Than again when has the ufc established it own stars ? the only time they did was the late 90s early 00s  and some sporadic ones here  and there ,these days they just buy out a rival org and take  their fighters than convince morons they were in the ufc all along .
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:09 am
Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses Boat%20gif_zpsxuqetu6m
McGregor is Next
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:08 am
I don't blame the dude.

He's young.

He was gassed.

I honestly don't think fighters should be expected to fight to the death.

He might have been able to get out of that bind, but he sort of was looking finished.

Maybe he isn't as billed, I never heard the guy's name until today, and don't really care, but he looked gassed.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:02 am
nodogoshi wrote:I don't blame the dude.

He's young.

He was gassed.

He might have been able to get out of that bind, but he sort of was looking finished.

Maybe he isn't as billed, I never heard the guy's name until today, and don't really care, but he looked gassed.

They were hyping him up a bit.  He was a AXS TV/Legacy fighter so it was big news on Inside MMA show as well.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:04 am
CDF47 wrote:

He's young.

He was gassed.

They were hyping him up a bit.  He was a AXS TV/Legacy fighter so it was big news on Inside MMA show as well.

Yup. As an AXS TV/Legacy Fighter, he should be on Fight Nights and prelims slowly but surely improving and maturing as a fighter. I think Northcutt was hyped for two reasons besides his potential which is to hype Dana's reality show and because of his look.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:47 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

He's young.

He was gassed.

Yup. As an AXS TV/Legacy Fighter, he should be on Fight Nights and prelims slowly but surely improving and maturing as a fighter. I think Northcutt was hyped for two reasons besides his potential which is to hype Dana's reality show and because of his look.

Yeah, I agree, I think that is why they hyped him up.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:09 pm
This Northcutt situation is a reminder of what’s great about MMA, We talk so much about hype in this sport, but the fact is that you can only fool people for so long. Eventually, if you keep climbing in that cage, we’re going to learn the truth about you and when there’s a big difference between that truth and the hype that preceded it, you have to expect that some people are going to feel compelled to do a little victory dance to celebrate the triumph of reality over marketing.
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:47 pm
Kingfedor wrote:Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses Boat%20gif_zpsxuqetu6m
McGregor is Next

LMAO

This is the best thing I've seen in a while
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:42 pm
FreeWarMachine wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses Boat%20gif_zpsxuqetu6m
McGregor is Next

LMAO

This is the best thing I've seen in a while

Yeah, I thought that one was good as well
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:58 pm
Should be noted sage went up a weight class just so he could still fight on the card.Hes really young hes not even really a man yet lol but since he recieved the push frim zuffa its expected he got the kinda backlash he is receiving.

He still has alot of promise this loss was probky a good wake up for him we will see how he responds to this loss.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:29 am
fka wrote:Should be noted sage went up a weight class just so he could still fight on the card.Hes really young hes not even really a man yet lol but since he recieved the push frim zuffa its expected he got the kinda backlash he is receiving.

He still has alot of promise this loss was probky a good wake up for him we will see how he responds to this loss.

Not to mention that the UFC may back off and let him grow at his pace instead of shoving him down throats. That's a lot of pressure and then you have fans who want to see you lose mostly just for the UFC to shut the hell up.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:26 pm
I had to google him and I got to say he definietly got the look

Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses Sage-Northcutt
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:00 pm
Golden Age wrote:I had to google him and I got to say he definietly got the look

God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:03 pm
FreeWarMachine wrote:
Golden Age wrote:I had to google him and I got to say he definietly got the look

Ufc lost their golden pony draw, sage Northcutt loses 2750705302
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:56 pm
Well, Sage is now claiming he was sick with strep throat and Dana says he blew it by putting Sage in there. Expect the announcers to hammer this for his next fight.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:58 pm
Principal Belding Dana White should let Zach Morris stay home from school his next fight.
Heretic
Heretic

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Principal Belding Dana White should let Zach Morris stay home from school his next fight.

excellent reference cheers
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:58 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Principal Belding Dana White should let Zach Morris stay home from school his next fight.

Well said. I've been thinking the same.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:35 pm
nothing against sage personally but glad the hype ended before it got to ridiculous levels like rouseys hype

conor will lose next i hope!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum