GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fedor: The 'probability is very high' that I will sign with the UFC Empty Fedor: The 'probability is very high' that I will sign with the UFC

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Shortly after signing a contract to fight Fabio Maldonado in the main event of Fight Nights Global in June, Fedor Emelianenko revealed that it is quite possible that he will compete in the UFC in the near future.

Emelianenko, who will fight in Russia for the first time since 2012, suggested during Tuesday's Fight Nights press conference in Moscow that his management was already in negotiations with the UFC and that they would discuss a potential match-up against Werdum. When asked to expand on his comments during an interview, Fedor obliged:

"We are continuing to negotiate with the UFC," Fedor told sovsports.ru. "We did not put a cross on the organization. The probability is very high [that I will fight there]."

This is far from the first time that Fedor has made such claims about a potential run in the UFC. He even claimed that he is more likely to fight for the UFC than for M-1 Global, his former home and management team. Fedor also added that he had already informed the UFC that he would accept a rematch against heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum. However, his former manager later responded that if Fedor legitimately wanted to fight in the UFC, he would have already done so.

According to UFC heavyweight Alexey Oleinik, UFC officials informed him that they offered Fedor more money than Rizindid, yet he opted to join the upstart Japanese promotion at the time.

Fedor is scheduled to meet Maldonado in the main event of Fight Nights Global on June 17 in St. Petersburg.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/20/11466774/fedor-the-probability-is-very-high-that-i-will-sign-with-the-ufc
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fedor: The 'probability is very high' that I will sign with the UFC Empty Re: Fedor: The 'probability is very high' that I will sign with the UFC

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:44 pm
I sure hope not. While I want to see him get rematches against Werdum, Bigfoot and Henderson, I want to see him do it in Rizin or Bellator. I also don't think it's a great idea to jump from Maldonado to Werdum. He should rematch Henderson and/or Bigfoot first.

I would love to see him win those 3 rematches and call it a day.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Fedor: The 'probability is very high' that I will sign with the UFC Empty Re: Fedor: The 'probability is very high' that I will sign with the UFC

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:32 pm
This is depressing.

Hope it doesn't happen.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:15 pm
If he does go to UFC to fight Werdum, I hope it is his last fight after fighting Big Foot and Hendo first, in RIZIN.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Hope he does fight werdum in ufc or not that first fight was a fluke.Hendo is a decent shot of happening outside ufc dan is old and contract is running out.I coukd see dan signing with rizin.

Bigfoot again hope it hsppens i don't care where i just want fedor to avenge that one too.

Fedor is a legend and for the first time in a long time fedors will to fight is from his own motivation let the man decide his career.....after all.....IT IS GOD'S WILL!!!!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:11 pm
^I agree, those fights seem possible outside UFC, just not the Werdum fight.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:09 pm
God i hope not i mean yes it would be nice for him to avenge his losses but why should he join the ufc after all the crap they still say ,
not to mentioned some of the comments from the people whom by their implication seem to think fedor has to go to the ufc to prove himself to them .
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:24 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:This is depressing.

Hope it doesn't happen.

well I'm hearing Rizin wont be paying him what he wants so...UFC is his only option.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:33 pm
I think its opponents personally hes being mocked cuz his opponents are mid tier....

Hope he crushes brawldanado and gets A REAL RANKED HW OPPONENT.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:12 pm
Guess we will see what happens after his fight with Maldonado.  If he can fight for Fight Nights Global, I'm sure Rizin, Bellator, or the UFC are all companies that can pay him better.

Personally, if things could work out how I would like, I want Fedor to fight Blagoy Ivanov and Dan Henderson in the Rizin OW GP in the first 2 rounds, then Wanderlei Silva in the finals.  Then Rematch Bigfoot in Bellator.  Then go to the UFC and beat Werdum for the belt and retire.  

Obviously that isn't likely and assumes Henderson and Bigfoot will leave the UFC and go to Rizin, Fedor will be in the tournament, and Werdum won't get beat in the mean time, etc.
ToshihiroTakeda
ToshihiroTakeda

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:13 am
Kinosis wrote:Shortly after signing a contract to fight Fabio Maldonado in the main event of Fight Nights Global in June, Fedor Emelianenko revealed that it is quite possible that he will compete in the UFC in the near future.

Emelianenko, who will fight in Russia for the first time since 2012, suggested during Tuesday's Fight Nights press conference in Moscow that his management was already in negotiations with the UFC and that they would discuss a potential match-up against Werdum. When asked to expand on his comments during an interview, Fedor obliged:

"We are continuing to negotiate with the UFC," Fedor told sovsports.ru. "We did not put a cross on the organization. The probability is very high [that I will fight there]."

This is far from the first time that Fedor has made such claims about a potential run in the UFC. He even claimed that he is more likely to fight for the UFC than for M-1 Global, his former home and management team. Fedor also added that he had already informed the UFC that he would accept a rematch against heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum. However, his former manager later responded that if Fedor legitimately wanted to fight in the UFC, he would have already done so.

According to UFC heavyweight Alexey Oleinik, UFC officials informed him that they offered Fedor more money than Rizindid, yet he opted to join the upstart Japanese promotion at the time.

Fedor is scheduled to meet Maldonado in the main event of Fight Nights Global on June 17 in St. Petersburg.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/20/11466774/fedor-the-probability-is-very-high-that-i-will-sign-with-the-ufc

its a mistranslation in the OP

the correct translation is "hahahaha no way"
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:34 am
fka wrote:I think its opponents personally hes being mocked cuz his opponents are mid tier....

Hope he crushes brawldanado and gets A REAL RANKED HW OPPONENT.

That's what I'm hoping.  This is a second tune-up type fight (even though anything is a big step up from his last fight).  Need to get Hendo and Bigfoot rematches or fight guys like Minakov, Blagoy, Sergei,....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum