GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking back - why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC

+6
Wolfman
KSW
RussianTopTeam
ZuffaKiller
Kinosis
monaroCountry
10 posters
Go down
monaroCountry

Looking back - why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC Empty Looking back - why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:05 am
Id believe Fedor and his legal team before believing in Dana. Not because Dana's a scum but because many of these clauses has poped its ugly head on other fighters i.e. Randy and the Champions clause, Jon Fitch and the likeness rights, Dan Henderson and clinch gear, and the list goes on and on.

No other promotions have all these "crazy" clauses. The Zuffa loving media has listened to Dana but not to the other party (Fedor). Dana an Zuffa knows that these clauses are over the top, what do they do though? they flip the table around and called Fedor and his team crazy Russians when it was these same Russians who have been very reasonable from the start.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5930-fedor-emelianenko-still-a-god-how-the-ufc-is-trying-to-screw-mmas-1-heavyweight

Dana basically called Fedor and his lawyers a bunch of unreasonable crazies. Fedor’s comments barely see the light of day, but what he has to say seems closer to the truth, given the UFC's reputation in dealing with its talent.

According to Fedor, the UFC contract states that:

"I can't leave undefeated. I can't give interviews, appear in films or advertising. I don't have the right to do anything without the UFC's agreement. I could do nothing without the OK from the UFC.

I didn't have the right to compete in combat sambo competition. It's my national sport. It's the Russian sport, which in his time our president competed in, and I no longer have the right to do so.

There were many such clauses. The contract was 18 pages in length. It was written in such a way that I had absolutely no rights while the UFC could at any moment, if something didn't suit them, tear up the agreement. We worked with lawyers who told us that it was patently impossible to sign such a document."
Kinosis
Kinosis

Looking back - why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC Empty Re: Looking back - why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:16 am
Yeah, given the history of Fedor/M-1 and the ufc/dana, it's pretty obvious who the "crazy" ones are. Zuffa and dana has screwed over so many fighters, ones signed with them or not, it's ridiculous and so many people take dana's (a known multi time liar) word over Fedor's or anyone elses. It's pathetic.
ZuffaKiller

Looking back - why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC Empty Re: Looking back - why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:32 am
Fedor was smart not to sign with those lying bastards. Idiot zombies claimed he was scared to fight for the boofc but that was not the case. I'm sure there are fighters under zuffas roster that feel like idiots for submitting to those bullshit demands.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 am
hopefully more fighters in the future will take the Fedor approach by refusing to be shackled and whipped by the corrupt scum known as zuffa and the bald slavemaster

this can only happen if MMA grows and more orgs step up to compete directly with the UFC
KSW
KSW

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 am
Nice to hear Fedor say everything we thought about the contract. Why would he sell his soul to the Fertittas? Just because he needs to fight the most overhyped fighters 3 times a year.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:56 pm
Fedor's not only the GOAT but the biggest name on the resistance. Everyone thought he would sell himself to the UFC like every other fighter, be champion then retire, but no. He said NO to these bastards and their crazy rules and never left his beliefs, his country or anything to make money and be more famous.

Hopefully other fighters can follow him and make their names without the need of being a zuffa slave, and maybe the fans can stop with the "good = needs to be in the ufc".

IMO he has better competition outside of the UFC too. I don't see who would be a good challenge for him other than JDS and a couple of other names.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm
Wolfman wrote:Fedor's not only the GOAT but the biggest name on the resistance. Everyone thought he would sell himself to the UFC like every other fighter, be champion then retire, but no. He said NO to these bastards and their crazy rules and never left his beliefs, his country or anything to make money and be more famous.

Hopefully other fighters can follow him and make their names without the need of being a zuffa slave, and maybe the fans can stop with the "good = needs to be in the ufc".

IMO he has better competition outside of the UFC too. I don't see who would be a good challenge for him other than JDS and a couple of other names.

Amen. Fedor isn't like these tapout wearing, roid abusing, wrestle-boxers, that are stinking up American mma. Fedor has fucking principles, and he isn't about to be bent over by anyone let alone Needles and his mafioso butt buddies. War M-1, War Vadim, and WAR FEDOR!
brace
brace

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 pm
Fedor would never sign a slave contract. He has been screwed over before the 2007 UFC fiasco and knew his worth. This is why he is beloved among TRUE MMA fans..
Racic
Racic

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:49 am
I'm glad Fedor never signed/never will sign with the UFC.

His managers were smart; they knew what to expect from that bald fuck and the f broz.

M-1 Global will be a great platform for Fedor and Russian MMA in general. The country loves him and respects him. He has no need to be in the US. American fans wouldn't even treat him with the same respect.
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:44 am
Wolfman wrote:Fedor's not only the GOAT but the biggest name on the resistance.

one of the reason he didn't sign his soul to Zuffa. How many orgs has built around Fedor?or used Fedor's name to add prestige? Dana was butthurt Fedor is such an Icon and #1 fighter att.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum