GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - December 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - December 2012

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:49 pm
wekka wrote:
IQ Wrestler wrote:Kotani still isn't ranked?

If it were up to me, Kotani and ISAO would both be ahead of Woodard and Weichel.

Weichel is so high because he was M-1 champ and had a big win over Figueroa. He dropped a bit after losing to Musa.

Woodard his up there due to his big win over previously high ranked Patricky with the arm breaking sub. He also dropped a bit after getting KO'd by Hawn.

After Kotani defends the belt he will prob. jump over Weichel or if Weichel loses he will drop.

Problem with getting Isao in is Kikuno would have to be dropped which could happen if he loses in DEEP this weekend which isn't too likely though.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
wekka
wekka

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - December 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - December 2012

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 am
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:Pretty pivotal 125 match coming up on Dec. 9th, as watchlister Junya Kodo goes up against perennial contender Masaaki Sugawara, who is just outside of the list. A win could boast both guys up my ranking, as Sugawara would finally have another recent and solid win to warrant a spot on the watch list or Kodo could steadily find his way on the contender's list.

Also, fellow watchlister and DEEP Flyweight Champ, Yuki Motoya defends his title against hot prospect Yuya Shibata. A win for Motoya would do wonders for his standing, as he hasn't quite built a resume to move beyond the bottom of the watchlist so far. Shibata is 9-1, with his sole loss coming against #8 ranked Ryuichi Miki. If he were to win, he'd definitely be on the verge of contention, depending on how the rest of the ladder ahead of him works itself out the next few months.

I have to become more familiar with these Shooto flyweights. There's just usually no where to watch. I catch the DEEP events whenever they are available, but lately this year, it takes months to find a vid.

These Shooto fights have started to pop up a lot quicker as of late. The Kentaro/Nam Jin Jo fight didn't take all too long to get uploaded to YouTube and that was from a low-level Border event. I'm hoping the same can be done for the Kodo/Sugawara fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:46 pm
wekka wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:Pretty pivotal 125 match coming up on Dec. 9th, as watchlister Junya Kodo goes up against perennial contender Masaaki Sugawara, who is just outside of the list. A win could boast both guys up my ranking, as Sugawara would finally have another recent and solid win to warrant a spot on the watch list or Kodo could steadily find his way on the contender's list.

Also, fellow watchlister and DEEP Flyweight Champ, Yuki Motoya defends his title against hot prospect Yuya Shibata. A win for Motoya would do wonders for his standing, as he hasn't quite built a resume to move beyond the bottom of the watchlist so far. Shibata is 9-1, with his sole loss coming against #8 ranked Ryuichi Miki. If he were to win, he'd definitely be on the verge of contention, depending on how the rest of the ladder ahead of him works itself out the next few months.

I have to become more familiar with these Shooto flyweights. There's just usually no where to watch. I catch the DEEP events whenever they are available, but lately this year, it takes months to find a vid.

These Shooto fights have started to pop up a lot quicker as of late. The Kentaro/Nam Jin Jo fight didn't take all too long to get uploaded to YouTube and that was from a low-level Border event. I'm hoping the same can be done for the Kodo/Sugawara fight.

Good to hear. We should post them up from youtube in the JMMA thread as they get uploaded.

wekka
wekka

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm
Masaaki Sugawara has defeated Junya Kodo, which will add Sugawara to my official watch-list as Kodo steadily drops down, but not enough to be completely excluded.

Sugawara still has quite a few wins left to be eligible for contendership.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm
wekka wrote:Masaaki Sugawara has defeated Junya Kodo, which will add Sugawara to my official watch-list as Kodo steadily drops down, but not enough to be completely excluded.

Thanks for the update. It is nice to know what significant fights are happening in this weight class.

It sounds like Sugawara is about top 20 or so but not yet there to move into the flyweight other contenders list.

wekka
wekka

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 pm
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:Masaaki Sugawara has defeated Junya Kodo, which will add Sugawara to my official watch-list as Kodo steadily drops down, but not enough to be completely excluded.

Thanks for the update. It is nice to know what significant fights are happening in this weight class.

It sounds like Sugawara is about top 20 or so but not yet there to move into the flyweight other contenders list.

Yeah, this month has been good for 125 with Shimizu/Yasunaga, Kodo/Sugawara, the upcoming Yamaguchi/Montague superfight, Nobre's impressive debut at 125, and the possibility of Bagautinov fighting at Flyweight officially this weekend. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be a huge year for the Flyweights and Strawweights.

Sugawara's past win against Shojo definitely helps his case with being middle of the pack, but outside of that, he's lost to every top name available since then. If he can string together a nice streak, he could easily be a contender by the middle of 2013. Just like Ochi managed to do since he dropped to 125 last year.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:00 pm
wekka wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Yeah, this month has been good for 125 with Shimizu/Yasunaga, Kodo/Sugawara, the upcoming Yamaguchi/Montague superfight, Nobre's impressive debut at 125, and the possibility of Bagautinov fighting at Flyweight officially this weekend. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be a huge year for the Flyweights and Strawweights.

Sugawara's past win against Shojo definitely helps his case with being middle of the pack, but outside of that, he's lost to every top name available since then. If he can string together a nice streak, he could easily be a contender by the middle of 2013. Just like Ochi managed to do since he dropped to 125 last year.

Sounds good. It is good having someone reporting on what's going on since there is so little news on this division outside Zuffa on nearly all the MMA sites.

I really want to catch the top ranked fight with Yamaguchi and Montague coming up. Hopefully there is a video up shortly after the event airs.

StealingFire
StealingFire

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 am
Very bold undertaking CDF47. Great to see someone paying respect to Braga-Neto, possibly the best ground game in MMA. Also nice to see Ueda holding steady, I still say he won that Bellator fight. Soo Chul Kim is the biggest surprise but he's certainly been pulling some major upsets. And interesting to see the WSOF fighters on the list, though I really like both of them. I can see Moraes in the top 3 by summer.

My feeling is that you're light on Canadians and Nordics, even Brazilians a bit. But to be honest, my rankings would never be as objective as yours. I admire your adherence to the merit system but there will always be less tangible factors for me.

Anyway, here are some other fighters you might want to consider if you haven't already. I put a star by those I'd definitely want in my top 10 (even if it required a 5-way tie for #10, lol).

Dileno Lopes - FLW
Pedro Nobre - FLW
Ali Bagautinov - FLW
Lincoln De Sa - FLW
Roy Docyogen - FLW
*Alexandre Pantoja Passidomo - FLW
*Jose Maria Tome - FLW
Ali Cali - FLW

*Josh Hill - BW
*Rolando Velasco - BW
*Kyoji Horiguchi - BW
Shintaro Ishiwatari - BW
Tuerxun Jumabieke - BW (14-0 now)
Hiromasa Ogikubo - BW (If he moved to FLW, he would probably make my top 10)
Sheymon Moraes - BW (I have to include him because of what he did to Nobre)
Ian Loveland

*Waylon Lowe - FW
Mark Streigl - FW
Eric Wisely - FW
*Tom Niinimaki - FW
*Rick Glenn - FW
*Jim Alers - FW
*Conor McGregor - FW
*Yusuke Kawanago - FW (actually top 5 for me)

*Takasuke Kume - LW (4 straight subs, hasn't lost at LW)
*Jadamba Narantungalag - LW (Legend champ)
*Kuniyoshi Hironaka - LW (You have Boku at #6 but you don't even list Hironaka as a contender.)
*Carlo Prater - LW
Juha-Pekka Vainikainen - LW (scheduled to fight Zavurov)
Justin Buchholz - LW
Glaristone Santos - LW (looked like a top 10er last weekend)
Darrell Horcher - LW
Flavio Alvaro - LW
*Marcin Held - LW
*Rob Sinclair - LW
*Koji Ando - LW
*Jesse Ronson - LW
*Dave Jansen - LW
Yui Chul Nam - LW
Ivan Buchinger - LW
Niko Puhakka - LW

*Jordan Mein - WW
Chidi Njokuani - WW
*Gael Grimaud - WW
Nicolas Dalby - WW
Michel dos Prazeres - WW (16-0 now)
*Brandon Thatch - WW (possibly top 5 for me)
*Assan Njie - WW

Tor Troeng - MW

Carlos Eduardo "Cachorrao" - LHW
Sam Alvey - LHW
Brandon Ropati - LHW

Maro Perak - HW

wekka
wekka

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:29 am
StealingFire wrote:
Dileno Lopes - FLW (Top-tier on my watchlist. With his inclusion on TUF: Brazil, it hurt his fight frequency to ranked any higher)
Pedro Nobre - FLW (Just added him to my watchlist, as I was just made aware of his drop to 125. Middle of the pack, currently)
Ali Bagautinov - FLW (Lower tier on my watchlist. Hasn't really proven himself all too much yet and he seems to be going back and forth between 125 and 135. Makes it hard to really rank him)
Lincoln De Sa - FLW (Overlooked him, thanks for the heads up. Will definitely be on my watchlist)
Roy Docyogen - FLW (Should be the last fighter on the contenders list, as Taiyo Nakahara is a bantamweight. I'll see if I can get this fixed.)
*Alexandre Pantoja Passidomo - FLW (On the contenders list. Easily top ten if he can manage another strong victory)
*Jose Maria Tome - FLW (Right outside of the top ten. Should be top ten next year, as I don't see Miki, the winner of Yamaguchi/Montague, or the ever inactive Somdet staying much longer)
Ali Cali - FLW (Just added to the watchlist recently with his latest win. The Taitano win had my eye on him beforehand. Depending on his strength of opposition in the future, he'll stay lower-tier for now)

Added my feedback and how they rank on what i've got.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 pm
StealingFire wrote:Very bold undertaking CDF47. Great to see someone paying respect to Braga-Neto, possibly the best ground game in MMA. Also nice to see Ueda holding steady, I still say he won that Bellator fight. Soo Chul Kim is the biggest surprise but he's certainly been pulling some major upsets. And interesting to see the WSOF fighters on the list, though I really like both of them. I can see Moraes in the top 3 by summer.

My feeling is that you're light on Canadians and Nordics, even Brazilians a bit. But to be honest, my rankings would never be as objective as yours. I admire your adherence to the merit system but there will always be less tangible factors for me.

Anyway, here are some other fighters you might want to consider if you haven't already. I put a star by those I'd definitely want in my top 10 (even if it required a 5-way tie for #10, lol).

Dileno Lopes - FLW
Pedro Nobre - FLW
Ali Bagautinov - FLW
Lincoln De Sa - FLW
Roy Docyogen - FLW
*Alexandre Pantoja Passidomo - FLW
*Jose Maria Tome - FLW
Ali Cali - FLW

*Josh Hill - BW
*Rolando Velasco - BW
*Kyoji Horiguchi - BW
Shintaro Ishiwatari - BW
Tuerxun Jumabieke - BW (14-0 now)
Hiromasa Ogikubo - BW (If he moved to FLW, he would probably make my top 10)
Sheymon Moraes - BW (I have to include him because of what he did to Nobre)
Ian Loveland

*Waylon Lowe - FW
Mark Streigl - FW
Eric Wisely - FW
*Tom Niinimaki - FW
*Rick Glenn - FW
*Jim Alers - FW
*Conor McGregor - FW
*Yusuke Kawanago - FW (actually top 5 for me)

*Takasuke Kume - LW (4 straight subs, hasn't lost at LW)
*Jadamba Narantungalag - LW (Legend champ)
*Kuniyoshi Hironaka - LW (You have Boku at #6 but you don't even list Hironaka as a contender.)
*Carlo Prater - LW
Juha-Pekka Vainikainen - LW (scheduled to fight Zavurov)
Justin Buchholz - LW
Glaristone Santos - LW (looked like a top 10er last weekend)
Darrell Horcher - LW
Flavio Alvaro - LW
*Marcin Held - LW
*Rob Sinclair - LW
*Koji Ando - LW
*Jesse Ronson - LW
*Dave Jansen - LW
Yui Chul Nam - LW
Ivan Buchinger - LW
Niko Puhakka - LW

*Jordan Mein - WW
Chidi Njokuani - WW
*Gael Grimaud - WW
Nicolas Dalby - WW
Michel dos Prazeres - WW (16-0 now)
*Brandon Thatch - WW (possibly top 5 for me)
*Assan Njie - WW

Tor Troeng - MW

Carlos Eduardo "Cachorrao" - LHW
Sam Alvey - LHW
Brandon Ropati - LHW

Maro Perak - HW

Thanks. Appreciate that.

I try to stay as objective as I can with the rankings. It can be difficult because with a ranking system there will always be some subjective side to it.

Braga's BJJ is off the charts. I really hope one of the bigger orgs. pick him up real soon; either DREAM, ONE, Bellator, KSW, M-1,..., would all be good.

Ueda is solid. I had Marx above him for a while after he beat him but Marx dropped and Ueda recovered a quite a bit. I was at that event and I was pretty disappointed he didn't get that decision.

Kim has been impressive. He did come out of nowhere to rise up in ONE and take the BW title. He has an extremely tough test ahead of him in Bibi to hold on to the belt (if Bibi takes out Maeda on NYE).

Moraes has a good shot at becoming top 3. Really looking forward to that Nam fight at the next WSOF.

I do have a number of Nordics and Brazilians on my list of fighters to watch out for I keep on my PC and some Canadian fighters as well. I have most of the Euro top 10 in each division to keep an eye on.

Very solid list.

I have Streigl, Niinimaki, McGregor, Hironaka, Prater, Ando, Jansen, Nam, Puhakka, Mein, Grimaud (ranked in contenders in the past), Troeng, Perak, and a number of others on the watch list on my PC. Some real good fighters to keep an eye out on.

I have Ishiwatari right up there just outside the top 15. Probably top 16 or 17. He could definitely make his way into the rankings in the near future. Jumabieke, I have up there as well in the top 20 or so.

I had Kawango in the contenders list before but he dropped off after another fighter jumped into the rankings. He is real solid and I have him just on the cusp of getting back in.

I have Jadamba in the contenders list because there are just so many top LWs out there. Jadamaba is one of the fighters I get the most comments on for being too low and for being in the contenders list. I have more fighters listed in the LW division than any other on my PC. Deep talent pool outside Zuffa.

Held is in the contenders list and could be top ten if he takes this Bellator tournament.

Kume could definitely be getting added soon. We'll see how he finishes out this tournament and if he takes the belt, which I really think he will. After that, I'm hoping he gets a shot at the ONE FC title.

I have a number of the other fighters on the watch list as well anywhere from top 16 - top 25. I will be adding a number of these fighters you listed as well which I did not have before. Some I was not familiar with which I will have to look more into. I saved this post for future reference as well.

Thanks.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 pm
wekka wrote:
StealingFire wrote:
Dileno Lopes - FLW (Top-tier on my watchlist. With his inclusion on TUF: Brazil, it hurt his fight frequency to ranked any higher)
Pedro Nobre - FLW (Just added him to my watchlist, as I was just made aware of his drop to 125. Middle of the pack, currently)
Ali Bagautinov - FLW (Lower tier on my watchlist. Hasn't really proven himself all too much yet and he seems to be going back and forth between 125 and 135. Makes it hard to really rank him)
Lincoln De Sa - FLW (Overlooked him, thanks for the heads up. Will definitely be on my watchlist)
Roy Docyogen - FLW (Should be the last fighter on the contenders list, as Taiyo Nakahara is a bantamweight. I'll see if I can get this fixed.)
*Alexandre Pantoja Passidomo - FLW (On the contenders list. Easily top ten if he can manage another strong victory)
*Jose Maria Tome - FLW (Right outside of the top ten. Should be top ten next year, as I don't see Miki, the winner of Yamaguchi/Montague, or the ever inactive Somdet staying much longer)
Ali Cali - FLW (Just added to the watchlist recently with his latest win. The Taitano win had my eye on him beforehand. Depending on his strength of opposition in the future, he'll stay lower-tier for now)

Sounds good. I'll be keeping an eye out on some of these for the fights I can catch.

StealingFire
StealingFire

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:03 am
CDF47 wrote:
Thanks. Appreciate that.

I try to stay as objective as I can with the rankings. It can be difficult because with a ranking system there will always be some subjective side to it.

Braga's BJJ is off the charts. I really hope one of the bigger orgs. pick him up real soon; either DREAM, ONE, Bellator, KSW, M-1,..., would all be good.

Ueda is solid. I had Marx above him for a while after he beat him but Marx dropped and Ueda recovered a quite a bit. I was at that event and I was pretty disappointed he didn't get that decision.

Kim has been impressive. He did come out of nowhere to rise up in ONE and take the BW title. He has an extremely tough test ahead of him in Bibi to hold on to the belt (if Bibi takes out Maeda on NYE).

Moraes has a good shot at becoming top 3. Really looking forward to that Nam fight at the next WSOF.

I do have a number of Nordics and Brazilians on my list of fighters to watch out for I keep on my PC and some Canadian fighters as well. I have most of the Euro top 10 in each division to keep an eye on.

Very solid list.

I have Streigl, Niinimaki, McGregor, Hironaka, Prater, Ando, Jansen, Nam, Puhakka, Mein, Grimaud (ranked in contenders in the past), Troeng, Perak, and a number of others on the watch list on my PC. Some real good fighters to keep an eye out on.

I have Ishiwatari right up there just outside the top 15. Probably top 16 or 17. He could definitely make his way into the rankings in the near future. Jumabieke, I have up there as well in the top 20 or so.

I had Kawango in the contenders list before but he dropped off after another fighter jumped into the rankings. He is real solid and I have him just on the cusp of getting back in.

I have Jadamba in the contenders list because there are just so many top LWs out there. Jadamaba is one of the fighters I get the most comments on for being too low and for being in the contenders list. I have more fighters listed in the LW division than any other on my PC. Deep talent pool outside Zuffa.

Held is in the contenders list and could be top ten if he takes this Bellator tournament.

Kume could definitely be getting added soon. We'll see how he finishes out this tournament and if he takes the belt, which I really think he will. After that, I'm hoping he gets a shot at the ONE FC title.

I have a number of the other fighters on the watch list as well anywhere from top 16 - top 25. I will be adding a number of these fighters you listed as well which I did not have before. Some I was not familiar with which I will have to look more into. I saved this post for future reference as well.

Thanks.

You have several fighters who weren't on my radar as well. I especially like those new Russian names. I'll try to add some women's rankings soon, but again, I'm not sure how objective I'll be.

And I know what you mean about LW, I have about 30 fighters in my LW top 10, haha. 155 seems to be the most natural weight for MMA (I think 125 will be for WMMA).

Here are a few other fighters that should have been on my previous list:

Steve Carl
Krzysztof Jotko
*Hans Stringer
Elvis Mutapcic
Paddy Holohan
Jared Downing
Victor Cheng
Ildemar Alcantara

and last but definitely not least, Nick Newell.

Anyway, thanks for getting me back in gear. I had lost heart for a while after a PC crash that destroyed 6 months of research, including 100s of prospect files.

Last edited by StealingFire on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
StealingFire
StealingFire

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 am
wekka wrote:
StealingFire wrote:

Good stuff...what did you think of Campuzano's finish tonight? Any thoughts on the Montague/Yamaguchi fight?
wekka
wekka

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:27 am
I think Campuzano's got a lot of potential at 125. He still has the same problems as he did at 135 and he could really use some work on his grappling. He's got a very appealing style for fans as he's got good power, flashy striking, and normally doesn't care about getting wild. I'd be really surprised if he didn't end up with the UFC by the end of next year because he's improved since the last stint.

I really don't know what to expect with Yamaguchi/Montague. I think its a perfect kind of styles clash and should make for an excellent fight. Yamaguchi has looked really good since his last loss to Kojima (outside of the loss to Formiga) and Montague is really looking for that definitive win to get him into the UFC and get a rematch with McCall.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Montague pressure Yamaguchi everywhere with grappling, especially since Formiga, although on another level grappling wise, was quite successful nullifying any sort of attack. Yamaguchi has fought guys like this before and has looked to have had a really good camp with some fairly good grapplers, so I really like his chances.

I don't know if he'll be able to finish him, but I'm confident that Mamoru has enough to win this fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 pm
StealingFire wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Thanks. Appreciate that.

Very solid list.

Thanks.

You have several fighters who weren't on my radar as well. I especially like those new Russian names. I'll try to add some women's rankings soon, but again, I'm not sure how objective I'll be.

And I know what you mean about LW, I have about 30 fighters in my LW top 10, haha. 155 seems to be the most natural weight for MMA (I think 125 will be for WMMA).

Here are a few other fighters that should have been on my previous list:

Steve Carl
Krzysztof Jotko
*Hans Stringer
Elvis Mutapcic
Paddy Holohan
Jared Downing
Victor Cheng
Ildemar Alcantara

and last but definitely not least, Nick Newell.

Anyway, thanks for getting me back in gear. I had lost heart for a while after a PC crash that destroyed 6 months of research, including 100s of prospect files.

Nick Newell has been real impressive. Winning the XFC title was unreal in the first round with a RNC. Hope he continues to rise up in MMA. He has some potential.

MR.WILLIE

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 pm
newell is for real this kid has power and great subs....

cd keep a close eye on tyson steele 11-1 with wsof at ww, this guy is also a beast...

also somenone mentioned elvis mutapcic who is also a monster at 185, he is the mfc title holder...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:54 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:newell is for real this kid has power and great subs....

cd keep a close eye on tyson steele 11-1 with wsof at ww, this guy is also a beast...

also somenone mentioned elvis mutapcic who is also a monster at 185, he is the mfc title holder...

I've seen Mutapcic fights with MFC. I have him listed up there. Seems pretty solid.

I saw Steele pound out Gracie at WSOF 1. He seems pretty impressive. Hopefully he will be on the next WSOF card.

MR.WILLIE

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:28 pm
cdf...you can now drop petras markevicius and valavicius with those horrible losses this weekend they should not be even be in consideration....
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:36 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:cdf...you can now drop petras markevicius and valavicius with those horrible losses this weekend they should not be even be in consideration....

Yup, out of rankings next month. Already updated on my PC. A bit disappointing.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm
wekka, checkout this killer at 125 (Ali Bagautinov). Watched him fight yesterday at Fight Nights in Russia. Finished his opponent in 27 seconds. He is the Fight Nights flyweight champ. He defended his title yesterday.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ali-Bagautinov-81198

Sherdog is hyping him as the top flyweight in Europe:

"In the co-headliner, top European flyweight and defending Fight Nights 125-pound champion Ali Bagautinov made short work of Germany’s Andreas Bernhard, but the ending was not without controversy. Combat sambo world champ Bagautinov dropped the Hamburg native with a quick left-right combo and followed up with a flurry of punches on the ground, which prompted referee Valentin Tarasov to stop the fight. Bernhard jumping right back up like a jack-in-the-box, making a strong argument that the action was halted prematurely."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Arlovski-Scores-RazorThin-Decision-Over-Hayes-Bagautinov-Blitzes-Bernhard-in-Moscow-48401

EDIT: Just noticed StealingFire already mentioned him on the previous page and you are aware of him.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 pm
wekka, you familiar with any of these top European flyweights (outside Zuffa):

Giorgio Andrews
Ali Bagautinov (discussed in this thread)
Neil Seery
Kris Edwards
Mikael Silander
Michal Hamrsmid
Pietro Menga
Mark Platts
Mike Wooten

wekka
wekka

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm
Lol its all good. Its nice to see Bagautinov make a permanent move to 125. Now ill move him up the list for sure.

I do have Andrews and Edwards on my watch list. Ill definitely check out the others later tonight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 pm
wekka wrote:Lol its all good. Its nice to see Bagautinov make a permanent move to 125. Now ill move him up the list for sure.

I do have Andrews and Edwards on my watch list. Ill definitely check out the others later tonight.

Sounds good.

Yeah, for the short time I saw Bagautinov fight (all 27 seconds), he looked impressive.

wekka
wekka

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:02 am
Okay, so I gave them all a perusing and i'll give my breakdown:

Giorgio Andrews: He's currently lower-tier. Suffers from fighting weak competition in the UK, due to their relative lack of depth at 125 but has performed exactly like he should against weak competition. He doesn't really have that signature win to warrant a spot any higher on my watch-list currently.

Ali Bagautinov: Excellent showing in his last fight, easily dispatching a decent opponent and quickly, to boot. With his definitive move to 125 after this fight, I think such a definitive win places him in the middle of the pack on my watch-list, ahead of guys like Sampo, De Sa, and Kodo but behind the likes of Riggleman, Motoya, and Campuzano. A few more wins and he'll easily be knocking on the door for contenders.

Neil Seery: Decided to not include him on the watch list due to not having definitive enough victories and losing to all top opposition he has faced such as McVeigh (who should be at 125), Phil Harris, and his last loss is to Sitenkov, who is at the tail-end of my watch-list.

Kris Edwards: Was close to middle-tier before his last loss, which dropped him to the very bottom of my watch-list. His opponent could get an inclusion with another win, I believe, which is coming very shortly.

Mikael Silander: Excellent call on him CDF, Attractive record with his sole loss coming to Bagautinov. He's currently lower-tier, ahead of Sitenkov and Edwards but below Cali, Kitakata, and Pettis.

Michal Hamrsmid: Hasn't really fought enough at 125 to warrant placement as of now, since he's jumping back in forth betwen fly and bantam. If he ever decides to stick at 125, he's easily included.

Pietro Menga: Same as Hamrsmid, yet I don't believe he has had an official flyweight bout to date. Solid prospect and if he ever drops to 125 permanently, he'll be included.

Mark Platts: Hasn't fought at one weightclass consistently, resulting in the same problem as Menga and Hamrsmid. Also, he lacks a definitive victory to allow me to give him a second look as of now.

Mike Wooten: Another excellent prospect although i'm not quite sure he's had an official bout at 125 either. Could easily be a watchlister if it does become official.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 pm
wekka wrote:Okay, so I gave them all a perusing and i'll give my breakdown:

Giorgio Andrews: He's currently lower-tier. Suffers from fighting weak competition in the UK, due to their relative lack of depth at 125 but has performed exactly like he should against weak competition. He doesn't really have that signature win to warrant a spot any higher on my watch-list currently.

Ali Bagautinov: Excellent showing in his last fight, easily dispatching a decent opponent and quickly, to boot. With his definitive move to 125 after this fight, I think such a definitive win places him in the middle of the pack on my watch-list, ahead of guys like Sampo, De Sa, and Kodo but behind the likes of Riggleman, Motoya, and Campuzano. A few more wins and he'll easily be knocking on the door for contenders.

Neil Seery: Decided to not include him on the watch list due to not having definitive enough victories and losing to all top opposition he has faced such as McVeigh (who should be at 125), Phil Harris, and his last loss is to Sitenkov, who is at the tail-end of my watch-list.

Kris Edwards: Was close to middle-tier before his last loss, which dropped him to the very bottom of my watch-list. His opponent could get an inclusion with another win, I believe, which is coming very shortly.

Mikael Silander: Excellent call on him CDF, Attractive record with his sole loss coming to Bagautinov. He's currently lower-tier, ahead of Sitenkov and Edwards but below Cali, Kitakata, and Pettis.

Michal Hamrsmid: Hasn't really fought enough at 125 to warrant placement as of now, since he's jumping back in forth betwen fly and bantam. If he ever decides to stick at 125, he's easily included.

Pietro Menga: Same as Hamrsmid, yet I don't believe he has had an official flyweight bout to date. Solid prospect and if he ever drops to 125 permanently, he'll be included.

Mark Platts: Hasn't fought at one weightclass consistently, resulting in the same problem as Menga and Hamrsmid. Also, he lacks a definitive victory to allow me to give him a second look as of now.

Mike Wooten: Another excellent prospect although i'm not quite sure he's had an official bout at 125 either. Could easily be a watchlister if it does become official.

Excellent breakdown.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum