GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Miike
Miike

Badr Hari's Sentence, Will Probably Spend Some Time In Jail Empty Badr Hari's Sentence, Will Probably Spend Some Time In Jail

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:36 pm
He was in court today in the Netherlands and was found guilty by the public prosecution for heavy assault. They have demanded 4 years in jail, one of those 4 years will be probation, so that leaves 3 years of wich he has already spend half a year in jail, leaving 2 and a half years. Now this is just the claim, so nothing is final yet until the judge speaks out and even if he does get the full "4 years" he can still go for an appeal to try and get a lower sentence which will then probably take a while before another court date is set(I'v heard November).

(I don't know all the legal words in English).

Badr has 9 cases going against him, 8 of those are about violence. The Koen Everink case is the biggest of them. Koen Everink is a Dutch millionaire who was severely assaulted at Sensation White (A big dance event), according to him by Badr Hari. Everink has suffered severe and permanent damage to one of his legs (I don't know how his condition is at this point), "camera footage has shown Everink getting pushed out of the V.I.P. room, his left foot was at this point almost completely seperated from his lower leg". Badr has stated that Koen Everink was insulting Badr's girlfriend; Estelle Cruijf, in reaction to that Badr claims that he gave Everink a "corrective slap" with the back of his hand, but claims to have nothing to do with the severe and permanent damage that Everink suffered.

Apparantly a lot of things went wrong during the night of the incident and security there had made some crucial mistakes, resulting in lack of evidence. More things went wrong during the case, including Koen Everink leaking his legal dossiers about this case to a journalist, which could('ve) result in a less severe punishment against Badr Hari because of the media spectacle (the Dutch media loves to jump all over stories that put Kickboxing in a bad light) and him "being painted as a monster in the public eyes" according to Hari's lawyer. Badr has also said these cases are a wake up call for him and he's willing to go into therapy.

Badr Hari's Sentence, Will Probably Spend Some Time In Jail M1nx2laa9gan_std640

Last edited by Miike on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Miike
Miike

Badr Hari's Sentence, Will Probably Spend Some Time In Jail Empty Re: Badr Hari's Sentence, Will Probably Spend Some Time In Jail

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Found camera footage of him being pushed out of the v.i.p. room.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum