GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Askren asks Dana and Lorenzo for one of those free title shots Empty Askren asks Dana and Lorenzo for one of those free title shots

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:47 pm
just a few hours ago Ben Askren was doing horrible, horrible things to Nobutatsu Suzuki, stopping him in the first round to claim ONE FC welterweight gold. He has now returned to his hobby of taking shots at the UFC.

Following the news that Renan Barao had issues with his weight cut, apparently passing out during the process, and was out of his UFC 177 title rematch with T.J. Dillashaw and unheralded Joe Soto was stepping in for a shot at the belt, Askren took to Twitter.

"@danawhite @lorenzofertitta well if you guys are just giving out free title shots to anyone I'll take one,"Askren tweeted.

Askren was ranked in the top ten in the world when he was let go by Bellator and a UFC signing seemed only logical. Instead, the promotion passed on him, with Dana White stating, "He's got some work to do, he can fight in another organization and work his way up and go from there."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/29/6084611/ben-askren-asks-ufc-for-his-free-title-shot-after-joe-soto-steps-in

Rolling LMAO

Askren asks Dana and Lorenzo for one of those free title shots 2266763299 "who's this guy with the Afro?"
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Askren asks Dana and Lorenzo for one of those free title shots Empty Re: Askren asks Dana and Lorenzo for one of those free title shots

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:23 pm
Don't do it Askren!!! Stay in ONE FC!!!

ONE FC guys are every bit as good as UFC guys. Remember when people were whining about how StrikeForce champions were wasting away the prime of their careers fighting in StrikeForce. Now look at what the StrikeForce fighters are doing to the UFC guys. It's the same with ONE FC, just because they aren't in the UFC doesn't mean they are not top competitors.

Stay in ONE FC Askren.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Askren asks Dana and Lorenzo for one of those free title shots Empty Re: Askren asks Dana and Lorenzo for one of those free title shots

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:41 pm
Honestly I'd love to watch askren tko every ufc ww into a title so Dana can eat a dick after talking all that shit.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:48 pm
Askren is a finisher now! for anyone to say he's boring is dumb. plus he's a good trash talker! He could easily replace Chael
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:04 pm
I've ALWAYS been an askren uber fan Smile

Even when people deemed his style unpalatable ....

It was apparent to me how easily his grappling would lend to an easy bjj transition as well as his gnp.

It seem now askren can simply let you pick your poison as soon as an limb is extended hus way your on the floor then as soon as he breaks you mentally its either tap or get battered.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 am
stu3ufc wrote:Askren is a finisher now! for anyone to say he's boring is dumb. plus he's a good trash talker! He could easily replace Chael

Askren addressed this on Eddie Goldman's podcast recently.

Actually it was already obvious to anyone paying attention, but he said that he fought for the Bellator title within a year and a half of turning pro, and was basically fighting high level guys from the get go.

So, he hadn't had time to learn all the techniques yet.

In fact, this is very normal. Just look at a guy like Dan Henderson for example in his early fights. Same thing.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:17 am
fka wrote:I've ALWAYS been an askren uber fan Smile

Even when people deemed his style unpalatable ....

It was apparent to me how easily his grappling would lend to an easy bjj transition as well as his gnp.

It seem now askren can simply let you pick your poison as soon as an limb is extended hus way your on the floor then as soon as he breaks you mentally its either tap or get battered.

Me too. I love Askren.

I never even found him boring. He is dynamic.

I don't like guys who rely too much on wrestling in MMA. But, Askren brings something a little different, and always has.

His wrestling style is also highly entertaining.

stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:39 am
Yeah dude he looked so green when he won the bellator title. he's really come into his own now where he absolutely dominates.

His ground and pound is non stop.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:55 am
RIP Johny Hendricks. But I'd like Ben to avoid that crumbling hellhole at all costs.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:03 pm
Ben Askren is the welterweight champion of the world, not that Johny Candricks who really lost his last two fights.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:26 am
Now that I think of it, the only thing I would have for Askren fighting in the UFC is so that he could win a third MMA championship title (something OverRoids cold not do).

Askren is the best welterweight on the planet.
megaronnie
megaronnie

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:44 am
gooFc continues to prove how big of a joke it is. From the production, to match making to promotion it is a sad pathetic attempt. An org with overrated paper champs and chumps. This is why mma is dead and why I have not been excited to watch a fight since mach deaded shibata
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:31 am
megaronnie wrote:gooFc continues to prove how big of a joke it is. From the production, to match making to promotion it is a sad pathetic attempt. An org with overrated paper champs and chumps. This is why mma is dead and why I have not been excited to watch a fight since mach deaded shibata

agreed 100%
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:26 pm
I stopped watching mma. It's not a sport.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum