GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Bellator signs top Blackzilians HW prospect Lorenzo Hood over UFC Empty Bellator signs top Blackzilians HW prospect Lorenzo Hood over UFC

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:40 pm
fka
fka

Bellator signs top Blackzilians HW prospect Lorenzo Hood over UFC Empty Re: Bellator signs top Blackzilians HW prospect Lorenzo Hood over UFC

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:08 am
Lorenzo "The Samoan Silverback" Hood, a 6'3, 265-pound Blackzilian top prospect, has elected to sign a four fight deal with the Bellator brand versus signing with the UFC. Under the tutelage of former UFC champion Rashad Evans, Hood is looking for for a mid-summer debut with the Viacom promotion, and is looking for a fight with Bobby Lashley. He hopes to tackle three tilts in 2015. And with Lashley set to settle the score with James Thompson at Bellator 138, the Samoan Silverback will most likely have to debut against a different, and possibly lesser known, opponent. But, as one of the top prospects over 205 in the sport, exactly who is Lorenzo Hood, and how did Bellator win him over?

Why Bellator?

The Samoan Silverback explains why Bellator beat-out the UFC for his acquisition:

"The UFC had offered me a contract as well, but in this sport, it's about the money. You got to pay the bills and feed your family. I went with Bellator because they had the better offer for me."

With Bellator recently willing to out-spend the UFC for a top 10 light-heavyweight in Phil Davis, is the big bank vault of Viacom the only draw for fighters? Lorenzo Hood doesn't think so:

"Both the UFC and Bellator are great, but I feel like Bellator has the advantage right now.When you watch a Bellator event, it's huge. It's like watching Wrestlemania or something. They really have the glamour and 'big event' awe factor going on."

Who is Lorenzo Hood?

Lorenzo Hood is a 6'3, 265-pound Blackzilian that leans on his striking and footwork to achieve the swift knockout. Not only does Hood have a knack for first round finishes, he has also been gaining guidance under the wing of former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion "Suga" Rashad Evans. Describing his relationship with Evans, Hood had this to say:

"It's crazy how Rashad has been mentoring me on how to be a world champion. He gives me advice on everything. Things like; how to carry myself as a professional, what to eat, how to train, do this or do that. He's been there before and knows the ropes."

Training:

Lorenzo Hood currently calls Boca Raton, Florida his hometown, as Glenn Robinson, owner of the Blackzilians, added The Samoan Silverback to the already stacked stable. Hood feels as though he is part of the perfect team with the Blackzilians as he raved about his Boca Raton teammates:

"Anthony Johnson, Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Abel Trujillo, Matt Mitrione, Stefan Struve... man, we have so many big name guys down here. When you're training with the best in the world you have to literally be trying to not get better. Everything we do is at the highest level."

The Samoan Silverback has also been spotted working his kickboxing technique with Paul Reinhart in Chicago, Illinois and perfecting his boxing prowess with pro trainer Buddie Simpkins at Box n Go Gym in Norfolk, Virginia.

Goals:

"I'm only 26 so I'll continue to grow and improve and become the face of Bellator's heavyweight division," Zo explained. When asked if he had any specific fight in mind, Hood wasted no time in answering:

"Bobby Lashley, I really want to fight that guy for my first or second fight. I let the Bellator matchmakers know, but I doubt Lashley will accept. I've been ducked 8 to 10 times in the past two years. People know what I'm coming to do. I'm a 13-1-1 Blackzilian that's coming to put people to sleep!"

The Samoan Silverback addresses the critics:

"People say I haven't fought the toughest guys. Ok, that's fine, but guess what? I did exactly what I was supposed to do when fighting those guys. I went in there and knocked those guys out. I took care of business and will continue to do so no matter who I'm fighting. Someone has to prove to me that I can't knock them out."

Manny or Floyd?

"I see Manny getting the knockout in the 10th round."
fka
fka

Bellator signs top Blackzilians HW prospect Lorenzo Hood over UFC Empty Re: Bellator signs top Blackzilians HW prospect Lorenzo Hood over UFC

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:14 am
Another young guy with a high ceiling.....great work BELLAFORCE!!

This is what coker did with strikeforce.....i was worried i will admit with the signing of bonnar and kimbo but i remember frank shamrock and some declining stars being big parts of early strikeforce.

Then he built talent and brought in top international prospects and some top former ufc guys.

Now bellator is doing the same using aging vets with big casual name value,but has also showed the ability to not only build its own top tier talent,but also attract top tier talent and prospects.

Viacom is starting to outbid the ufc on a regular basis and flex its financial muscle.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 am
Coker is kicking ass. Could you imaging if they keep doing this AND Kunlun keeps going for UFCs lower guys? Things could get interesting
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:12 am
lol this guy is the American Karl Etherington

just look at the cans he's crushed lol

Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 pm
Bellator is turning up the heat with talent. Taken a top 10 LHW from the UFC, a RFA Champion that could've returned to the UFC, and a heavyweight prospect that chose them over UFC.

Bellator has made a lot of improvement in heavyweight and hopefully Hood will be a great addition.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:05 pm
Combined record of people who defeated him: 18-7
Combined record of people he defeated:7-20

He is a can crusher but the ufc was interested and Bellator beat them out.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:07 pm
He's a can crusher, no doubt. Hopefully, he'll be able to take that next step.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:10 pm
Point exactly plus he's in a great camp who obviously are pushing him to next step.....ufc wanted him but he chose Bellator which is a great trend to continue lol.

Stu your hyped for kunlun snagging a tuf guy lol come on....

Lets just be happy ufc lost out on 2 more fighters Smile
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:49 pm
Looks like a decent signing. Will be interesting to see how does in bellator
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:06 pm
mighty mo wud wreck this fool in KUNLUN FIGHT
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum