GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer Empty Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 pm
Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer Bellator-mma-logo
Bellator CEO Scott Coker apparently isn't finished making changes to the company's product.
The Awful Announcing blog reported Thursday that Bellator has parted ways with longtime play-by-play announcer Sean Wheelock and replaced him with Sean Grande.

Grande, 44, is best known as the well-respected radio play-by-play voice of the Boston Celtics, a position he has held since 2001. He calls the Boston Red Sox on a part-time basis, has been play-by-play announcer for Boston College football and has called the action on 14 NCAA hockey title games.

Wheelock had been with the company since 2010, debuting at Bellator 13. Coker indicated to Awful Announcing that the company "wanted to go in another direction" with their commentary team.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer Empty Re: Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:53 pm
Interesting news.....i personally wont miss wheelock but good luck in future endeavors.
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer Empty Re: Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:58 pm
Yeah nobody will miss him. "Another direction" means "not a fucking idiot who doesn't know an omoplata from a donkey punch."
fka
fka

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:59 pm
Coolest thing about wheelock is the book he co wrote with art davies about the real history of the ufc.

But honestly his voice wasn't the best for commentary imo ive never heard of this new guy but hopefully he has something to bring to the table.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 pm
fka wrote:Interesting news.....i personally wont miss wheelock but good luck in future endeavors.

wheelock aint the best but he's far better than annick and that awful guy for one fc.

stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 pm
FreeWarMachine wrote:Yeah nobody will miss him. "Another direction" means "not a fucking idiot who doesn't know an omoplata from a donkey punch."

going another direction = You fucking suck GTFO ..we want someone better
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 pm
True. Anik is the GOAT worst commentator eva.
How hard is it to find guys to do that job? Seems like anybody on this forum could do better
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:19 pm
Mauro Ranallo to replace him?
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:41 pm
Mauro Ranallo can die in a fire
fka
fka

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:47 pm
Mauro is doing commentary on the new spike show about kos.

Just watched first episode it was pretty good,unl unlike usual ko highlight shows this one mentions the promotion and fighters from which the clip came frim.

I wouldn't be surprised to see mauro on bellator....im cool as long as bas stays the fuck out lol.
fka
fka

Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:22 am
Name of show is worlds greatest knockouts.

Tonights episode featured many bouts from BAMMA and ShamrockFC as well as some other fringe orgs.

This episode was entitled underground so thats why its mostly the aforementioned orgs.

But in show intro it shows bellator kos and boxing and glory kos so this will be a cool vehicle for Viacom to use to air more combat sports Smile im happy
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:28 am
Is Wheelock going back to MLS...?
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:31 am
I thought Wheelock was ok.

In my opinion Mauro isn't an improvement. About the same.

Last edited by TeamJohnPerretti on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dorch
Dorch

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:55 am
fka wrote:Mauro is doing commentary on the new spike show about kos.

Just watched first episode it was pretty good,unl unlike usual ko highlight shows this one mentions the promotion and fighters from which the clip came frim.

I wouldn't be surprised to see mauro on bellator....im cool as long as bas stays the fuck out lol.

Bas is the reason i watch some horrible fights, i cant get enough of the guy commentating tbh
fka
fka

Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:33 pm
I dont know the new guy they bringing in but wheelock sounds like a gameshow host lol.

Mauro atleast has history in the sport and a recignized voice,but im not expecting mauro to be in i was just saying hes already working fir viacom.

He could be in but i haven't heard anything to suggest he will be commentating for bellator.

I love bas!!! Id rather see him fight then commentate....he stumbles around alot and his corkyness can come off as stupidity at times.

Honestly they should bring in good ol jim ross Smile
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:01 pm
In Pride Bas was a good announcer.

A couple years ago he changed from being critical of Zuffa to being a puppet for them. Then he became an announcer for WSOF, allies of the UFC.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:59 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:In Pride Bas was a good announcer.

A couple years ago he changed from being critical of Zuffa to being a puppet for them. Then he became an announcer for WSOF, allies of the UFC.

jeez I wonder why http://www.gettyimages.fi/detail/news-photo/bas-rutten-gives-his-acceptance-speech-as-he-is-inducted-news-photo/480424866 Rolling LMAO

I wonder who butters bas rutten bread....
Adax

Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:53 pm
As long as they don't get grandma Gus Johnson then I don't really care, Wheelock wasn't bad but his horse face probably spooked the fans from time to time.
fka
fka

Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:58 pm
^^^ hahaha seriously made me giggle Smile
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:25 pm
fka wrote:Mauro is doing commentary on the new spike show about kos.

Yeah, I think Mauro will be the replacement.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:26 pm
AudaxSynth wrote:As long as they don't get grandma Gus Johnson then I don't really care, Wheelock wasn't bad but his horse face probably spooked the fans from time to time.

Yeah, Gus was out of his league with MMA. He just did not know a lot about the sport and didn't fit, especially on CBS.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:36 pm
Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer Sgrande
Dorch
Dorch

Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:10 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:In Pride Bas was a good announcer.

jeez I wonder why http://www.gettyimages.fi/detail/news-photo/bas-rutten-gives-his-acceptance-speech-as-he-is-inducted-news-photo/480424866 Rolling LMAO

I wonder who butters bas rutten bread....

I know what ur saying guys , but Rutten didnt get payed much for his MMA career and needs to eat. I dont condone of his Zuffa ballicking at times but to his credit he worked a lot of small shows and i always enjoyed his commentary.

Bas is the only Zuffa Zombie i like.
Adax

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:42 pm
This new guys sucks ass, Sean "Why's that?" Grande.

Just blatantly knows nothing and constantly asks Jimmy, "Why?", or , "Why's that happening?".
fka
fka

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:07 pm
Yeah hes definitely new to mma...lol

Ill give him a few shows to adjust before i totally shit on him lol.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum