GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight announced

+18
megaronnie
m1challengefan
Longtime Fan
Rizin=PRIDEFC
fka
westcott123
FreeWarMachine
Dynamite
wekka
Rocksoldier84
Offense_Wins_Fights
God of Thunder
Deletemenow
Kinosis
stu3ufc
Adax
CDF47
Kingfedor
22 posters
Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 Empty Re: Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight announced

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:56 pm
I can't wait to see what new matches have been signed. Only a few hours left. I wish these conferences were in English Sad last one wasn't.

If Fedor is on this card I'll be surprised and happy, but I'd settle with 2-3 good matches that interest me.

If they are able to pull off a power play and announce something groundbreaking than I'll really be pleasantly surprised

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 Empty Re: Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight announced

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:20 am
Additional fights were announced for the April 17th RIZIN.1 event at a press conference in Tokyo on the 24th.
Prominent grappler Shinji Sasaki was present at the press conference, where it was announced that he will make his RIZIN debut against UFC veteran Daron Cruickshank at the Nagoya event.

Sasaki is currently riding a three fight winning streak in Korean MMA promotion Road FC, his most recent win being an impressive one against Won Sik Park. On the other side, exciting striker Cruickshank was recently released by the UFC after losing three fights in a row.

Team Fedor members Kirill Sidelnikov and Vadim Nemkov will return to RIZIN following their New Year’s Eve battles, with Sidelnikov taking on Inoki Genome fighter Chris Barnett and Nemkov facing young Swedish talent Karl Albrektsson.

Like the two Russians, Chris “Huggy Bear” Barnett also fought in Japan this past New Year’s Eve, at Inoki’s Bom-Ba-Ye event, where he defeated Shinichi Suzukawa and showed some impressive post-fight moves for a man of his size…

2015 RIZIN GP semifinalist Teodoras Aukstuolis will battle Indian kickboxer Singh “HEART” Jaideep, who will get an, on paper, more realistic challenge than his New Year’s Eve opponent Fedor Emelianenko.

Speaking of Fedor, RIZIN CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara said that it is likely that his next fight will be in RIZIN in the first half of 2016 (in an event that could possibly take place outside of Japan).

The fifth announced MMA fight was the recently rumored one between grappling world champion Gabi Garcia and Anna Malyukova.

Three kickboxing bouts were also announced for the event, the most important being 2010 K-1 World MAX -63 kg Japan Tournament champion Tetsuya Yamato facing off against Krush and DEEP Kick veteran Hiroto Yamaguchi.

Yamato impressively defeated Kizaemon Saiga, Yuki and Yuta Kubo on his way to winning the 2010 K-1 World MAX Japan tournament. Since then he has captured several titles, such as the WBC Muay Thai World Super Lightweight title as well as the Lion Fight World Super Lightweight title.

The other two announced Kickboxing fights are RISE Welterweight champion Danilo Zanolini vs. Norihisa Amimoto and WBC Muay Thai Japan Super Featherweight champion Yuya vs. Yuki.
The full RIZIN.1 card is planned to consist of 15 bouts.

Chris "Huggy Bear" Barnett vs. Kirill Sidelnikov
Gabi Garcia vs. Anna Malyukova
Jaideep Singh vs. Teodoras Aukstuolis
Vadim Nemkov vs. Karl Albrektsson
Shinji Sasaki vs. Daron Cruickshank

Last edited by Kingfedor on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:25 am
Mmmmmmkay

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:45 am
Great fights!
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:51 pm
Kingfedor wrote:Additional fights were announced for the April 17th RIZIN.1 event at a press conference in Tokyo on the 24th.
Prominent grappler Shinji Sasaki was present at the press conference, where it was announced that he will make his RIZIN debut against UFC veteran Daron Cruickshank at the Nagoya event.

Sasaki is currently riding a three fight winning streak in Korean MMA promotion Road FC, his most recent win being an impressive one against Won Sik Park. On the other side, exciting striker Cruickshank was recently released by the UFC after losing three fights in a row.

Team Fedor members Kirill Sidelnikov and Vadim Nemkov will return to RIZIN following their New Year’s Eve battles, with Sidelnikov taking on Inoki Genome fighter Chris Barnett and Nemkov facing young Swedish talent Karl Albrektsson.

Like the two Russians, Chris “Huggy Bear” Barnett also fought in Japan this past New Year’s Eve, at Inoki’s Bom-Ba-Ye event, where he defeated Shinichi Suzukawa and showed some impressive post-fight moves for a man of his size…

2015 RIZIN GP semifinalist Teodoras Aukstuolis will battle Indian kickboxer Singh “HEART” Jaideep, who will get an, on paper, more realistic challenge than his New Year’s Eve opponent Fedor Emelianenko.

Speaking of Fedor, RIZIN CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara said that it is likely that his next fight will be in RIZIN in the first half of 2016 (in an event that could possibly take place outside of Japan).

The fifth announced MMA fight was the recently rumored one between grappling world champion Gabi Garcia and Anna Malyukova.

Three kickboxing bouts were also announced for the event, the most important being 2010 K-1 World MAX -63 kg Japan Tournament champion Tetsuya Yamato facing off against Krush and DEEP Kick veteran Hiroto Yamaguchi.

Yamato impressively defeated Kizaemon Saiga, Yuki and Yuta Kubo on his way to winning the 2010 K-1 World MAX Japan tournament. Since then he has captured several titles, such as the WBC Muay Thai World Super Lightweight title as well as the Lion Fight World Super Lightweight title.

The other two announced Kickboxing fights are RISE Welterweight champion Danilo Zanolini vs. Norihisa Amimoto and WBC Muay Thai Japan Super Featherweight champion Yuya vs. Yuki.
The full RIZIN.1 card is planned to consist of 15 bouts.

Chris "Huggy Bear" Barnett vs. Kirill Sidelnikov
Gabi Garcia vs. Anna Malyukova
Jaideep Singh vs. Teodoras Aukstuolis
Vadim Nemkov vs. Karl Albrektsson
Shinji Sasaki vs. Daron Cruickshank
Kickboxing:
Tetsuya Yamato vs. Hiroto Yamaguchi
Danilo Zanolini vs. Norihisa Amimoto
Yuya vs. Yuki

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:38 pm
It's not great...but is better than i thought it might be.

There's sone pretty interesting matchups.

Nice to see Huggy Bear on the show.
wekka
wekka

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:01 pm
You know, i'm actually liking this card for what it is. Great to see Barnett in the premier Japanese organization now. Aukstuolis/JAIDEEP is a great indicator for what both fighters offer. There's still the possiblilty of Kron x Souwer and Baruto's fight, too.

Some of you guys have got to get over with comparing this card with what they did on NYE. Of course those shows will get all the names and marquee matches on paper, it's their biggest show of the year!

They're taking a safe route, a route in which they won't be hemorrhaging money. They're most likely going to start off the early PRIDE model and showcase the fighters they like and whatever exciting new faces they can get a hold of. This time, they'll have the benefit of a better ruleset than what KRS originally provided.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:42 pm
I just wish they distinguished the nye type of premium mma event from this inferior card talent wise. Call it A different name (like pride did with bushido) or add a subtitle at least for example rizin:qualifiers.

They way they did it for this follow up card had many people's expectations up.

I'm happy to know that we will have another rizin event in the next three months with Fedor possibly on it. It would be awesome if they stacked that card up to the gills. I'd actually pay for pay-per-view if it was stacked enough, which is something I haven't done in years.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:49 pm
The card was improved. It is not as good as the NYE cards but some good match-ups on here.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:39 pm
I get the feeling that they are saving kron, baruto and Fedor (and the other "really marketable" fighters) for the next card and we will see a premium level card! If you analyze it closely this is kind of like the card (April 17th card I mean) where all the losers from the nye event were invited to fight each other and have to win and prove themselves.

Imagine the next rizin event was a stacked one reminiscent of old pride cards that were stacked heavily and were interesting from top to bottom. Mma needs that now.

Btw Bas Rutten has gone on record saying that he feels rizin will fold in a couple of events. He sounded like a ufc suck up. He must be salty they didn't care enough to invite him on as the American broadcast team commentator.

Last edited by Longtime Fan on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:58 pm
Bas is a walking fucking penis ....forget whatever comes out of his dumb face.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:47 am
I'm intrigued by a lot of these match ups. Pride shows always had lots of depth, and even though this show lacks a strong main event, it does have depth. It probably isn't their strongest event on paper, but it is loaded with lots of interesting match ups and a good rule set. I think the fights will be exciting. Rizin cards have little to no bathroom break matches. In the UFC that is more than half of the card

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:32 pm
Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 CeEDOFnUkAAmDmW

poster!

Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 14733510_1840363246233024_4218577591788896256_n

Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 Lol
m1challengefan
m1challengefan

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:28 am
I think there are some intriguing match ups on this card like Jaideep
and Teodoras,Kirill v.s Huggy bear,Nemkov fighting that unknown swede will more than likely be exciting and if they can find a good opponent for Baruto preferably Le banner under full pride rules I would be satisfied with this card.
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:53 pm
I'm excited to see Rizin sign Karl Abrektsson. He's a solid catch wrestler and did well in the Road to Metamoris tournament. Nemkov is a tough opponent though...

G-MMA Rankings

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:22 am
m1challengefan wrote:I think there are some intriguing match ups on this card like Jaideep
and Teodoras,Kirill v.s Huggy bear,Nemkov fighting that unknown swede will more than likely be exciting and if they can find a good opponent for Baruto preferably Le banner under full pride rules I would be satisfied with this card.

I agree, some of these fights are good. Cruickshank fight as well is interesting. Baruto/Lebanner would be a good addition.

Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:49 pm
Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 Prof_Murata-minRizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 Prof_Natalia
World-class female wrestler Kanako Murata will make her MMA debut at RIZIN.1 on April 17th in Nagoya. She held an open workout session on the 28th in Tokyo with her coach, DEEP Featherweight champion Kazunori Yokota.

Her opponent for the RIZIN event was announced as being Russian Natalya Denisova, who has a  pro MMA record of 2-1. It was said that she has faced and beaten a male in MMA competition in the past as well.

Murata was confident though and said the following about her opponent and MMA debut: “I’ve seen her [Denisova’s] footage, but she didn’t give off a strong impression. If I fight at my best I’ll be completely OK. I’ll win by taking her down and pounding her out or locking in a submission.”

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:33 pm
I'm not big on female fights. I wish Rizin would be like Pride and just do male only fights.

G-MMA Rankings

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 pm
^Yeah, I like the idea of more male fights.  Women fights should be few and far between, if any.  Same with FLW - FW.  I liked PRIDE setup with LW, MW, LHW, and HW.

fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:41 pm
If anything get rid of woman and under 155.......and add a 170 division...

Just keep it lw-hw

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:47 pm
^I agree completely guys. Women and below 155lbs should be out.

G-MMA Rankings

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:17 pm
fka wrote:If anything get rid of woman and under 155.......and add a 170 division...

Just keep it lw-hw

That would be cool if they did that.

Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:52 pm
Rizin Fighting Federation 1: Next Event - April 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)New fight  announced - Page 5 430x287xkiyoshi-tamura-rizin-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6MJKJiuNNz

At a press conference held on April 1st in the Tokyo metropolitan Aaea, RIZIN announced the grappling tag team partner of Wanderlei Silva for the April 17th RIZIN.1 event.

The legendary shoot-style wrestler Kiyoshi Tamura will join Wanderlei to take on Kazushi Sakuraba and Hideo Tokoro in Nagoya. Tamura has faced all three other fighters in this tag team match in the past, with wins over Sakuraba and Tokoro and a loss to Wanderlei.

The complete rules for the grappling bout, such as time limits, have not been decided yet according to RIZIN CEO Sakakibara. He wants to announce the rules next week.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:45 am

Last edited by umanosuke on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:42 pm
^Great video

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum