GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
westcott123
westcott123

Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 8 Empty Re: Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:58 pm
He might be back to fighting sooner I wonder if the Nelson rematch will still happen?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 8 Empty Re: Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 pm
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:CroCop is back in gym.

Nice. Maybe he can fight in July for Rizin as planned.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am
Fight in July has fallen out. It usually takes 6 months to recover from injury like that but CroCop thinks he will recover much faster. CroCop is sure he will fight on NYE but he hopes he will recover and be fight ready sooner.

I think I heard somewhere that he should fight against Jiří Procházka on NYE.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 am
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Fight in July has fallen out. It usually takes 6 months to recover from injury like that but CroCop thinks he will recover much faster. CroCop is sure he will fight on NYE but he hopes he will recover and be fight ready sooner.

I think I heard somewhere that he should fight against Jiří Procházka on NYE.

Well that's great we should at least see him fight on NYE. Jiri is one tough fight for him. Should be a good one.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 pm
That would be a great fight it would be huge if jiri defeats mirko, I would not be surprised if he gets offered by a North American promotion if he won. This all fantasy but could happen . Though if he does i hope he isn't one of these i wanna be in the ufc because I have to for some reason . Now I'm not saying people should not go to the ufc but man they should at least look around first.

The ufc 
1 they have 500 guys on the roster unless you have something you will be a just a number on that roster
2 the ufc does not have all the world's best fighters, how are they the best because some dweeb on sherdog said so?
3 the ufc is going down the drain the fact they have to have shit talkers to sell a successful ppv proves my point i mean gsp vs shields would of been the last time they had a great card that didn't have shit talking or cm punks on it . Man just imagine if cm punk went to Rizin they though they already do act like rizin is the worse thing ever and needs to be shut down which is what they want obviously . The fact that sakkikabarra said they are further along with Rizin then pride in the same time frame shows how big rizin potential can be remember pride had a few years before it took off.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:58 am
westcott123 wrote:That would be a great fight it would be huge if jiri defeats mirko, I would not be surprised if he gets offered by a North American promotion if he won. This all fantasy but could happen . Though if he does i hope he isn't one of these i wanna be in the ufc because I have to for some reason . Now I'm not saying people should not go to the ufc but man they should at least look around first.

The ufc 
1 they have 500 guys on the roster unless you have something you will be a just a number on that roster
2 the ufc does not have all the world's best fighters, how are they the best because some dweeb on sherdog said so?
3 the ufc is going down the drain the fact they have to have shit talkers to sell a successful ppv proves my point i mean gsp vs shields would of been the last time they had a great card that didn't have shit talking or cm punks on it . Man just imagine if cm punk went to Rizin they though they already do act like rizin is the worse thing ever and needs to be shut down which is what they want obviously . The fact that sakkikabarra said they are further along with Rizin then pride in the same time frame shows how big rizin potential can be remember pride had a few years before it took off.

I agree. The thing that does worry me about RIZIN is that they can't seem to keep foreigners with Souwer recently signing with ONE, Aliakbari signing with ACB, and Kron Gracie & Baruto going MIA. The plus side is that going to the UFC isn't as sought out as it used to be. It used to be that no promotion could keep their top fighters but not now. When's the last time someone chose to leave Bellator or RIZIN to go to the UFC?

The UFC just isn't dominant anymore and now they're claiming UFC 225 did 250,000 buys which is better then originally reported but is still horrible given that was supposed to be a stacked show.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:17 am
That is a bit worrisome on the plus side it is only 3 years old so I won't panic just yet. Hell the fedor and wanderlei it was a few years before they signed to pride. I didn't know andy went to one fc though at this stage one fc is the bigger promotion. Didn't amir say rizin wasn't giving him enough fights?. They did sign that Suriname kickboxer forgot his name he was 4-0 at this stage they need to go out and scout for local talent in whichever country . As much as I like rizin and i do strongly believe it will be a huge organization in the next 5-10 years it doesn't quite have the pulling power yet. After all if there is some one whom the ufc fears apart from Scott Coker it is nobuyuki sakkikabarra. As I mentioned Rizin like one fc will focus on Asia would it not be great if rizin and one teamed up even if it is just for the new years eve shows.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:35 am
Different topic in my view in the future i think Rizin will be a major Mma promotion especially Asia people can say im being too overly optimistic I don't care I will be.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 am
westcott123 wrote:That is a bit worrisome on the plus side it is only 3 years old so I won't panic just yet. Hell the fedor and wanderlei it was a few years before they signed to pride. I didn't know andy went to one fc though at this stage one fc is the bigger promotion. Didn't amir say rizin wasn't giving him enough fights?. They did sign that Suriname kickboxer forgot his name he was 4-0 at this stage they need to go out and scout for local talent in whichever country . As much as I like rizin and i do strongly believe it will be a huge organization in the next 5-10 years it doesn't quite have the pulling power yet. After all if there is some one whom the ufc fears apart from Scott Coker it is nobuyuki sakkikabarra. As I mentioned Rizin like one fc will focus on Asia would it not be great if rizin and one teamed up even if it is just for the new years eve shows.

ONE would be a nice partner for Rizin Federation. They are able to pull the champs from Pancrase, DEEP,..., I just hope they can get some from other orgs. in the future.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm
Remember i forgot where I posted it that whomever wins the stipe DC fight will be crownded the goat? It hasn't happened yet but you can bet articles like this will pop up . Ha ha funny enough fedor still wins the goat polls. The difference between DC and fedor anderson and gsp is that these 3 beat their rivals in gsp case avenged his losses they didn't get the belt after the main guy fucked up. I agree with Jon the ufc and its fans are a bunch of what have you done for me latelys  
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/21/17487472/jon-jones-blasts-ufc-social-media-for-daniel-cormier-goat-praise-ufc-226
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:37 am
westcott123 wrote:Remember i forgot where I posted it that whomever wins the stipe DC fight will be crownded the goat? It hasn't happened yet but you can bet articles like this will pop up . Ha ha funny enough fedor still wins the goat polls. The difference between DC and fedor anderson and gsp is that these 3 beat their rivals in gsp case avenged his losses they didn't get the belt after the main guy fucked up. I agree with Jon the ufc and its fans are a bunch of what have you done for me latelys  
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/21/17487472/jon-jones-blasts-ufc-social-media-for-daniel-cormier-goat-praise-ufc-226

Surprised to see Jones say that. He is spot on there.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:20 am
He is right about it though fedor will always be the goat in my view  10 years 31-1-0-1nc 10 championships beat the best of his era and did it under Height and undersized .mirko is 6th in my all time heavyweight rankings behind fedor, big nog, stipe, Cain, fabricio  If he had won either the ufc or pride belt i would have him in the top 3.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:49 am
westcott123 wrote:Remember i forgot where I posted it that whomever wins the stipe DC fight will be crownded the goat? It hasn't happened yet but you can bet articles like this will pop up . Ha ha funny enough fedor still wins the goat polls. The difference between DC and fedor anderson and gsp is that these 3 beat their rivals in gsp case avenged his losses they didn't get the belt after the main guy fucked up. I agree with Jon the ufc and its fans are a bunch of what have you done for me latelys  

Yeah, Cormier has had a good career but far from GOAT given he's spent most of his UFC career dropping down to a smaller division where he can just manhandle guys with his wrestling and the fact his Light Heavyweight Title reign will always have an asterisk because he never beat Jones. Agree, you can't be the GOAT when the only reason you held a belt was because the previous champion repeatedly fucked up after you failed to beat him twice.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm
westcott123 wrote:He is right about it though fedor will always be the goat in my view  10 years 31-1-0-1nc 10 championships beat the best of his era and did it under Height and undersized .mirko is 6th in my all time heavyweight rankings behind fedor, big nog, stipe, Cain, fabricio  If he had won either the ufc or pride belt i would have him in the top 3.

I agree, taking the top spot of MMA GOAT status from Fedor will take an amazing task. Good points with Cro Cops overall ranking.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:49 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Yeah, Cormier has had a good career but far from GOAT given he's spent most of his UFC career dropping down to a smaller division where he can just manhandle guys with his wrestling and the fact his Light Heavyweight Title reign will always have an asterisk because he never beat Jones. Agree, you can't be the GOAT when the only reason you held a belt was because the previous champion repeatedly fucked up after you failed to beat him twice.

The Jones debacles definitely had an effect on Cormier's legacy.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

To be fair, it just means Cormier would never have been UFC Light Heavyweight Champion but a choker who lost when it mattered most.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:24 am
He would of been the chad mendez to jose aldo can beat everyone else can't beat the man of the division . Daniel legacy would be at heavyweight 
Strikeforce gp the ufc heavyweight belt if he beats stipe ,not to take away what he did at light heavyweight he will be the guy who got the belt doue to the chanpion fucking up .

Last edited by westcott123 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:01 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

To be fair, it just means Cormier would never have been UFC Light Heavyweight Champion but a choker who lost when it mattered most.

Yeah, it's an asterik on his resume.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum