GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 pm
The plus side is that The Middleweight Championship fight should've main evented all along and now it's in the position it should be. If MVP wins, I do hope he moves up the ladder. I want him against a top WW and I agree in Lima or Koreshkov. Davis/Vassell could be fun and Yankova & Tokov have potential.
westcott123
westcott123

Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 200: Cro Cop vs Nelson 2 - May 25 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 pm
Apparently cro cop is targeting October to return it sucks he got injured but still he could retire right now he would retire on an 8-9 fight win streak and winning a major title during that win streak.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 22, 2018 10:11 pm
westcott123 wrote:Carvalho vs mousasi should be good anyway

If mvp wins this bout they need to put him against say Douglas lima or andrey koreshkov etc those guys. Let's be real if he and Aaron Pico were in the ufc fighting the exact same guys they will be calling them the future champions the next big thing oh but since they're in Bellator they're can crushers.

Yeah, I forgot MVP was on this card too. Main event is really good. I will definitely be watching.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 22, 2018 10:13 pm
westcott123 wrote:Apparently cro cop is targeting October to return it sucks he got injured but still he could retire right now he would retire on an 8-9 fight win streak and winning a major title during that win streak.

I wonder if the October date is just for Bellator. He is scheduled to fight for Rizin on July 29th.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 am
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2018/5/22/17381940/mirko-cro-cop-details-extent-of-knee-injury-targeted-date-for-return

He is off the Rizin card too sucks but hey say one of the tournament participants gets injured and providing he beats Roy Nelson hey cro cop could end up in the tournament there's a silver lining. Or rizin at the end of the year starts crowing champions he could go and win their heavyweight title. With rizin I know saying the same thing I would have it similar to pride say heavyweight middleweight 205lbs welterweight 185lbs light weight 165lbs bantam weight 145 fly weight 125lbs women Feather weight 145 bantam weight 135 fly weight 125 atom weight 115 yes I know I have said this a thousand times that is how would have them. Back to the topic imagine cro cop became the Rizin ff heavyweight champion fedor becomes the Bellator heavyweight champion a champion VS champion rematch.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 am
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm
westcott123 wrote:https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2018/5/22/17381940/mirko-cro-cop-details-extent-of-knee-injury-targeted-date-for-return

He is off the Rizin card too sucks but hey say one of the tournament participants gets injured and providing he beats Roy Nelson hey cro cop could end up in the tournament there's a silver lining. Or rizin at the end of the year starts crowing champions he could go and win their heavyweight title. With rizin I know saying the same thing I would have it similar to pride say heavyweight middleweight 205lbs welterweight 185lbs light weight 165lbs bantam weight 145 fly weight 125lbs women Feather weight 145 bantam weight 135 fly weight 125 atom weight 115 yes I know I have said this a thousand times that is how would have them. Back to the topic imagine cro cop became the  Rizin ff heavyweight champion fedor becomes the Bellator heavyweight champion a champion VS champion rematch.

That would be cool if they were both champs of the two orgs.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Sounds like he got screwed out of his UFC deal. I hope to see him in the Rizin ring or Bellator cage soon.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed May 23, 2018 5:08 pm
Definitely a champion VS champion rematch
It would be great to see yair In either Bellator or Rizin ff I hope he sees the light in that the ufc screwed him over and he is not desperate to go back. Let's be real the zombies defend the organization before they defend the fighters fucked up i know it is true.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm
westcott123 wrote:Definitely a champion VS champion rematch
It would be great to see yair In either Bellator or Rizin ff I hope he sees the light in that the ufc screwed him over and he is not desperate to go back. Let's be real the zombies defend the organization before they defend the fighters fucked up i know it is true.

It sounds like Yair wants to make-up with the UFC from that article but this would be a good time for Rizin or Bellator to pickup a top notch fighter from them. Hopefully they move quickly on signing him.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pm
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Apparently cro cop is targeting October to return it sucks he got injured but still he could retire right now he would retire on an 8-9 fight win streak and winning a major title during that win streak.

I wonder if the October date is just for Bellator.  He is scheduled to fight for Rizin on July 29th.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/22/17381940/mirko-cro-cop-details-extent-of-knee-injury-targeted-date-for-return

I think it would be Bellator cause I don't think Rizin have a show in October but forget the October date. Cro Cop tore his ACL among other injuries. He's being optimistic in thinking he'll be back in five months. An ACL could take 6-9 months and he's nearly 44 so he could be out for the rest of the year. Worst case scenario is he could be out until Spring 2019.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed May 23, 2018 7:08 pm
CDF47 wrote:

Sounds like he got screwed out of his UFC deal.  I hope to see him in the Rizin ring or Bellator cage soon.

This is why UFC is losing their "best fight in the UFC" facade. Yair seemed like a good prospect but they're letting a lot of promising fighters and top talent go.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I wonder if the October date is just for Bellator.  He is scheduled to fight for Rizin on July 29th.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/22/17381940/mirko-cro-cop-details-extent-of-knee-injury-targeted-date-for-return

I think it would be Bellator cause I don't think Rizin have a show in October but forget the October date. Cro Cop tore his ACL among other injuries. He's being optimistic in thinking he'll be back in five months. An ACL could take 6-9 months and he's nearly 44 so he could be out for the rest of the year. Worst case scenario is he could be out until Spring 2019.

Just found out he won't be competing at the July Rizin event due to this injury. May not see Cro Cop until possibly the NYE show for Rizin.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed May 23, 2018 7:25 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Sounds like he got screwed out of his UFC deal.  I hope to see him in the Rizin ring or Bellator cage soon.

This is why UFC is losing their "best fight in the UFC" facade. Yair seemed like a good prospect but they're letting a lot of promising fighters and top talent go.

Yeah, I hope he just gets picked up fast before UFC changes their mind.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed May 23, 2018 9:09 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Just found out he won't be competing at the July Rizin event due to this injury.  May not see Cro Cop until possibly the NYE show for Rizin.

Like I said, he suffered an ACL tear. July is out of the question. There's a chance he may not fight this year unless he rehabs like an animal or takes something to help it heal faster like HGH.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Reading the article tells me he wants to go back to the ufc don't be surprised in a year or 2 he will be in the ufc "I don't hold anything against the ufc" something along those lines hint hint of course someone has to take the high road after all the zombies will defend dana and the ufc before defending the fighters, not even Connor McGregor is immune if he started bad mouthing the ufc you can guarantee they will turn on him like that clicks fingers.

It is amazing isn't it? They hate on fighters who stand up to the ufc brass.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu May 24, 2018 2:06 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Reading the article tells me he wants to go back to the ufc don't be surprised in a year or 2 he will be in the ufc "I don't hold anything against the ufc" something along those lines hint hint of course someone has to take the high road after all the zombies will defend dana and the ufc before defending the fighters, not even Connor McGregor is immune if he started bad mouthing the ufc you can guarantee they will turn on him like that clicks fingers.

Say what you will about Bloodstain Lane but he was completely right when he once said "If Dana White didn't speak for you, you guys wouldn't have no thoughts.".

I agree. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the UFC and trusting Dana White despite White having been caught with lie after lie and the fact he's a promoter so he'll say anything.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 24, 2018 6:15 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Just found out he won't be competing at the July Rizin event due to this injury.  May not see Cro Cop until possibly the NYE show for Rizin.

Like I said, he suffered an ACL tear. July is out of the question. There's a chance he may not fight this year unless he rehabs like an animal or takes something to help it heal faster like HGH.

Sucks he is out so long. Was hoping to see him in 3 more fights this year as planned. Now we are lucky to see one on NYE.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Yeah, it is amazing. Some of them are just straight shills. No other excuse for that. They call what is white is black and what is black is white. Totally clueless.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 24, 2018 6:18 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Say what you will about Bloodstain Lane but he was completely right when he once said "If Dana White didn't speak for you, you guys wouldn't have no thoughts.".

I agree. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the UFC and trusting Dana White despite White having been caught with lie after lie and the fact he's a promoter so he'll say anything.

Yeah, that is very true. I always liked BSL. He made a lot of true statements.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Yeah, it is amazing.  Some of them are just straight shills.  No other excuse for that.  They call what is white is black and what is black is white.  Totally clueless.

I bet if the ufc said jump they would say how high?

I admit It would be great if fedor wins the grand prix I'm going to beat a dead horse here but the whole evolution thing now to be honest I think the mma evolution has plateoued how much more evolved can it get? That's why I laugh when they say today's heavyweight are more evolved than the heavyweight of fedor era. Even today only a few are truly well rounded mighty mouse is a good example.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 24, 2018 9:11 am
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Yeah, it is amazing.  Some of them are just straight shills.  No other excuse for that.  They call what is white is black and what is black is white.  Totally clueless.

I bet if the ufc said jump they would say how high?

I admit It would be great if fedor wins the grand prix I'm going to beat a dead horse here but the whole evolution thing now to be honest I think the mma evolution has plateoued how much more evolved can it get? That's why I laugh when they say today's heavyweight are more evolved than the heavyweight of fedor era. Even today only a few are truly well rounded mighty mouse is  a good example.

You're right. The evolution of the fighter has reached a plateau with fighters like Mighty Mouse and others. The sport is old enough now and has become big enough that we can stop saying that. It is here now. Sure, maybe a fighter may come in with some new techniques in the future that awes people but that will happen throughout the history of the sport. I mean look at MVP and his fighting style. He is just a unique fighter. I think we can see more of that in the future but the evolution has peaked I believe.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu May 24, 2018 9:28 am
^^ 100 percent ^^ yes there will be people like mvp with their unique style to the table the whole evolution of mma is getting old I mean someone will have to come up with a style that no one has ever seen it is impossible hell someone even made slapping into a fight style.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu May 24, 2018 6:01 pm
People will say the sport is still young. Yes the term mma is young in reality it has been around for years. Pankration and vale Tudo are considered to be the ancestors of mma people were cross training even before Shooto was thought of. Mma is a hybrid style of different combat styles that have been around for centuries people will say that's evolution no it isn't really you're just melding different into to one and making a hybrid style to make evolution a person needs to make a style no one has ever scene.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 pm
westcott123 wrote:^^ 100 percent ^^ yes there will be people like mvp with their unique style to the table the whole evolution of mma is getting old I mean someone will have to come up with a style that no one has ever seen it is impossible hell someone even made slapping into a fight style.

You know, the more I thought about it today, you're right. These fighters haven't evolved. If anything, they've devolved. Look at recent fighters as you got those who are one dimensional, didn't last long, or are ridiculously injury prone. Look at some of the "evolved" fighters. Lesnar and Carwin flamed out quickly and were largely one dimensional. Cain is always hurt and goes years at a time between fights but has only fought 16 times with only 2 being in the last 5 years. JDS has looked past his prime for the last five years and has only fought once a year since 2014. Chris Weidman ended one of the greatest streaks in history but after his run as champion, he lost three in a row before winning his recent fight against Gastlum, and has had long periods of inactivity. Dominick Cruz could be MMA's greatest bantamweight but he's fought only four times in nearly seven years due to injuries. Ngannou has pretty much no grappling and a gas tank that makes Mark Coleman come off like Cain while McGregor also seems weak on the ground.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum