GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to Team Takeover?

+10
stu3ufc
ZuffaKiller
RussianTopTeam
wekka
Adax
Wolfman
Dagwood
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
Whino
14 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

What happened to Team Takeover? - Page 2 Empty Re: What happened to Team Takeover?

Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:Slava was severely underpaid, he had every reason to act out.

Can you prove he was underpaid?

Are you his manager?

If so why did he ignored the lawsuit against him?

Did you see the contract he had with M-1?

Have you seen the checks he got from M-1?

Don't tell me any Bs about your so called source said this and that.

Come with facts or your just speculating.

Michał
Michał

What happened to Team Takeover? - Page 2 Empty Re: What happened to Team Takeover?

Sun May 20, 2012 11:14 pm
TT was a great forum, then it turned to shit.
This forum is great though, great combat sports posting here.
monaroCountry

Mon May 21, 2012 12:17 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:
every TT member who bashed on M-1 is slowly making their way here, what a BIG surprise

This is very true, this was one of the reason why TT went downhill. Too many zombies and too many NA promotion only forumers.

Slava was severely underpaid, he had every reason to act out.

He signed the contract and didnt fullfill his end of the bargain. NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS. I would say this to any fighter and for any orgs, not just M-1. I even spoke out about Overeem and him not honouring his Golden Glory contract.

Fighters not honouring their contract is BAD for MMA at a global scale, afterall why should a promotion spend money promoting a fighter (before they hit it big) if those fighter doesnt have the decency to honour their contract? There wouldnt be any incentive for promotions.

Can you prove he was underpaid?

Are you his manager?

If so why did he ignored the lawsuit against him?

Did you see the contract he had with M-1?

Have you seen the checks he got from M-1?

Don't tell me any Bs about your so called source said this and that.

Come with facts or your just speculating.

I very much agree!!!

All these posters parroting that Slava was ripped off by M-1.

Obviously, Slava would say one thing and M-1 say another. The important thing is WHO THE COURT DECIDES IN FAVOUR OF. In this case, the courts judged that M-1 was in the right and Slava in the wrong. THIS IS WHAT MATTERS.
wekka
wekka

Mon May 21, 2012 2:57 am
Is it wrong for him to want to renegotiate a new contract?

He was one of the hottest fighters M-1 had their hands on, to continue to fight for peanuts is certainly laughable. I'm not saying he should be fighting for six figures a fight or anything but he should definitely be making five figures.

There's not any physical proof but there are multiple fighters that were involved with M-1 publicly speaking out against their pay. Unless you're Fedor, Fedor's opponent, Aleks, or Guram, you aren't really making anything truly sustainable.

Why do you think so many young Russian talents are jumping to Bellator as of late? The pay.
ZuffaKiller

Mon May 21, 2012 3:42 am
moronoRepublic wrote:Is it wrong for him to want to renegotiate a new contract?

He was one of the hottest fighters M-1 had their hands on, to continue to fight for peanuts is certainly laughable. I'm not saying he should be fighting for six figures a fight or anything but he should definitely be making five figures.

There's not any physical proof but there are multiple fighters that were involved with M-1 publicly speaking out against their pay. Unless you're Fedor, Fedor's opponent, Aleks, or Guram, you aren't really making anything truly sustainable.

Why do you think so many young Russian talents are jumping to Bellator as of late? The pay.

How much was he making since you claim he was making peanuts in M-1?

Who are these fighters that you claim have publicly spoke out against M-1's pay structure?

Where have they spoken out about their frustrations with M-1's pay structure?

Don't say vinny because that guys is a pathetic unhonorable piece of shit and is irrelevent.

Also not all young Russian talent is running to bellator.
wekka
wekka

Mon May 21, 2012 4:03 am
look at these paydays from a Challenge event:

Total payout for the event included:

Daniel Madrid - $2,500

Tom Gallicchio - $3,000

Joshua Thorpe - $2,000

Yasubey Enomoto - $4,500

Eddie Arizmendi - $2,500

Artur Guseinov - $2,250

Kenny Garner - $5,000

Maxim Grishin - $2,000

Vinny Magalhaes - $5,500

Mikhail Zayats - $3,000

Don't give me any of that under the table crap either, these numbers are extremely low, regardless of what kind of money sponsorships provided.

Vasilevsky was making around this much, maybe even less. M-1 isn't exactly open with most of their payouts.

I never said all Russian talent is running to Bellator but you can't deny the fact that A LOT of them are. It just can't be coincidence.
ZuffaKiller

Mon May 21, 2012 4:08 am
moronoRepublic wrote:look at these paydays from a Challenge event:

Daniel Madrid - $2,500

Tom Gallicchio - $3,000

Joshua Thorpe - $2,000

Yasubey Enomoto - $4,500

Eddie Arizmendi - $2,500

Artur Guseinov - $2,250

Kenny Garner - $5,000

Maxim Grishin - $2,000

Vinny Magalhaes - $5,500

Mikhail Zayats - $3,000

Don't give me any of that under the table crap either, these numbers are extremely low, regardless of what kind of money sponsorships provided.

Vasilevsky was making around this much, maybe even less. M-1 isn't exactly open with most of their payouts.

I never said all Russian talent is running to Bellator but you can't deny the fact that A LOT of them are. It just can't be coincidence.

What site did you get these payouts from?

Post the link

Also what challenge event was this where they were paid this amount?

How long ago was this?

I only know of five russians with bellator not sure any more then that.
wekka
wekka

Mon May 21, 2012 4:14 am
http://www.ultmma.com/news/index.php?itemid=1820

This was only from last October.

Do you honestly think it's going to stop there?
More and more Europeans will be signed up. Nurmagomedov is also in the UFC, Vitaly Minakov will soon be making the jump, etc.
monaroCountry

Mon May 21, 2012 6:58 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:look at these paydays from a Challenge event:

Daniel Madrid - $2,500

Tom Gallicchio - $3,000

Joshua Thorpe - $2,000

Yasubey Enomoto - $4,500

Eddie Arizmendi - $2,500

Artur Guseinov - $2,250

Kenny Garner - $5,000

Maxim Grishin - $2,000

Vinny Magalhaes - $5,500

Mikhail Zayats - $3,000

Tell me how popular those guys are, how well recognised they are in America, and how much that show in America garnered in profit. Not much. Since America isnt the home market for M-1 and most if not all of those guys have never had a promotion positively hype them up. Without M-1 those fighters would most likely be fighting fights that pay lower and no coverage, basically bar fights. They should be happy that M-1 took a chance and promoted them, especially Vinny who bummed out of TUF and who had nowhere to go.

Now compare the pay to the UFC, sure the UFC pays more but not always and not for comparable known fighters (Shane Carwin at $40k for the UFC championship versus Jeff Monson at $50k for M-1 OR Fedor at multi million for M-1 versus JDS at $400k for the UFC). The MAIN PROBLEM that people have always had has been the large profit that the UFC takes home compared to the measly PERCENTAGE that they pay their fighters.

M-1 is wise with their money, UFC on the other hand is greedy with theirs. Two examples are UFC taxing fighter sponsors (basically robbing their fighter)and another is the very very low payment %.

moronoRepublic your not very business minded are you? You dont pay $1,000,000 payouts to fighters when they can only rake in $10,000. If you start doing this then your promotion will end up dead and broke, just like Affliction and just like Strikeforce.

This was only from last October.

Do you honestly think it's going to stop there?
More and more Europeans will be signed up. Nurmagomedov is also in the UFC, Vitaly Minakov will soon be making the jump, etc.

I actually love to see Russians fight in America, SO LONG AS THEY DO IT LEGALLY and actually fullfil their contracts.

I could see this backfiring on the UFC and Bellator as well. Russian's have always been good tough and skilled fighters, the fall of Pride saw KNOWN top Russian fighters dwindle, even though there were still many top Russian fighters. I could just imagine the UFC and Bellator's top fighters comprise of mostly Russians who arent known to talk sh*t about their opponents and hype themselves up. Americans are also very patriotic and love to support their home grown fighters (notice the USA USA USA chants?). UFC and Bellator fans might be put off by Russian fighter (once they start dominating the rankings).

By Russian I really mean Eastern European.
monaroCountry

Mon May 21, 2012 7:11 pm
Is it wrong for him to want to renegotiate a new contract?

There is a clear difference between renegotiating and NOT HONOURING your contract.

moronoRepublic do you even know the meaning of renegotiate? Usually negotiation involves several parties working out/ammending the original contract to form a new contract and having everyone AGREE ON IT.

It doesnt matter if Vinny wanted or deserved more, the fact is that Vinny signed a legally binding contract and refused to man up to the terms and conditions of that contract. He then broke it when things started turning around for him, forgetting the fact that M-1 poured tons of money and promoted the sh*t out of him.

Also not all young Russian talent is running to bellator.

Very true, most of the top Russian fighters are still with M-1 and seemed to be happy with the promotion.

wekka
wekka

Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 pm
I never said anything about spending millions, there's no reason a champion, the challenger, Yasubey, Guseinov, even Garner and Grishin should be making below five figures, which really isn't out of M-1's grasp.

The thing is that this was a televised card. While the attendance was sub-par, those lower tier fighters should be making what Zayats or Yasubey got paid. They could have easily made just as much as they did there in Ring of Combat or Tachi.

I don't think Russians signing with the UFC will backfire at all. Of course, being American is top selling point to an American ran organization but regardless of nationality, if you're winning and beating the supposed best, you know that the UFC will begin to market and promote them as the best.
wekka
wekka

Mon May 21, 2012 7:21 pm
Its not about Vinny, its about Slava.

Vinny was a champ and he started making five figures recently, he honestly didn't deserve to complain.
Slava on the other hand was on a huge winning streak, slowly building himself up as the top Russian MW prospect, yet he was still making four figures.
All he wanted to do was amend his contract into a more acceptable contract that solidified himself as a burgeoning top talent and matched his perfomance. M1 thought otherwise. I don't blame him for being frustrated and wanting to back out completely.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 pm
I still say m-1 is less shady then ufc but thats just imo.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Wed May 30, 2012 8:54 am
TT ended when Lane banned Creep for talking shit on him.
Then the TT site failed because it took too long, was poorly made & 95% of contributors had left.

Fletch didn't kill it, he just stopped giving a shit and i don't blame him.
Lane couldn't be bothered with his baby, why should anyone else?

I love Lane like a brother btw. not hating, just my opinion.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 am
I enjoyed the forum before it fell apart. I started out on sherdog YEARS ago, then the TUF generation/trolls came in and I found my way to MMAlinker. Linker is where I originally met many of you guys. Then the trolls took over there as well and they banned the good members. TT looked like a great place, then once again the trolls came in, no one stopped them, the good members left and it fell apart.

That is where we are different here. Everytime a forum lets these trolls come in and never stops them, they spread like a virus (or zombie invasion). That drives away the good posters after a while because it gets old listening to the nonsense all the time. So far we have done a good job of not letting the zombie virus spread here.

The other thing, as mentioned before, is that there is no one leader here. No one is power hungry. So if 1 person gets angry for some reason, he doesn't have lots of followers who will leave with him or cause some civil war. Plus I don't think that would happen anyway since for the most part everyone gets along here. I believe most if not all members here have the wisdom to see what happens when the zombies come, because we have seen it over and over on other forum, it ALWAYS leads to the destruction of that forum, making it a wasteland.

Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed May 30, 2012 4:18 pm
That was great Kinosis. I think you hit the nail on the head.

If we keep on this track, as worldwide MMA & orgs grow in popularity, we can become the center of worldwide/all org MMA discussion for English speaking fans. Like you eluded to. We want to be a safe-haven for fans that love all mma not just UFC. MMA>UFC/Dana/Fertitta/Rogan/Zuffa-reliant media.

If we keep doing what we are, we will keep getting more and more international (non-UFC only) members from everywhere. The things Deadanimal15 said when he came here should make us all proud.

Deadanimal15 wrote:
Dagwood wrote:^ Check your PM's Deadanimal. - https://global-mma.forumotion.com/privmsg?folder=inbox

damn thanks man Very Happy i like this web site more and more the communtiy is awsome too much better than sherdog
Deadanimal15 wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Hey, nice to see a Chechen guy around. We're becoming a true global community each day.

Welcome, hope you stay around. Your boys are great. Khalidov is one of my fav MW fighters of all. Good thing european companies like KSW and M-1 support your country. You bet all of us fully support all those badass chechen fighters. Smile

thanks man i will stay around here in a very very long time Very Happy i also hope that this will be the biggest community it sure is the best ive only meet respectful and nice people here Very Happy

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum