GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made Empty Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 pm
We all love Wand. If you don't something's wrong with you. Laughing So, just today he released this very nice video from his official channel showing his family, where he came from and how it was back then. It is a really interesting vid, and lots of oldschool fighters come from same or worse backgrounds. It really shows why past fighters had so much heart, discipline and were more humble. It also has good life lessons from the axe murderer himself. Hope you all watch. Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made 1503639786

ZuffaKiller

Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made Empty UFC fighter Wanderlei Silva introduce his family and his childhood home in Curitiba, Brazil.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm
Already posted a few days ago https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t2848-wanderlei-silva-the-silva-family-how-the-oldschool-fighters-were-made

BTW we talked about Emelianenko Sr passing away a few days back, but news just came out that Wand Silva father just did too in a car accident in Curitiba.

R.I.P. Axe Murderer Sr.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva - THE SILVA FAMILY - How the oldschool fighters were made

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm
Shocked That sucks. I didn't know Fedor's dad died, anyone know the cause?
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:53 pm
Kinosis wrote: Shocked That sucks. I didn't know Fedor's dad died, anyone know the cause?

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t2814-vladimir-emelianenko-past-away-yesterday-fyodor-is-grieving?highlight=emelianenko <<< We discussed it here. Guess it was of natural causes? IDK it was not clear.

Bad times for them. Both absolute legends of the sport just lost their fathers. Good thing Wand was able to do this homage for him on video before it happened, so he would not feel guilty about not being able to say something.

After receiving a lot of messages Wand wrote:

"Obrigado pela força, meus irmãos. Por favor, orem pela nossa família. Momento bem difícil, mas ainda bem que teremos o suporte de Deus”

"Thanks for the all the support, my brothers. Please, pray for our family. Really hard moment, but at least we still have God's support"

Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 pm
^Thanks, I had been out of town for the last week and didn't have internet access so I had no clue. Sad news.
ZuffaKiller

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 pm
sorry wolf did not know it was already posted feel free to delete this thread and bump the one you made.
rezin
rezin

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 am
Rest in peace Wand Sr. I remember there was a Pride documentary were they showed Wand's family.

Wand looked exactly like his dad.

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 am
Wand is a true legend and a prime example of true hard and dedication, i'm very glad that he found success and was able to stay positive & humble
KSW
KSW

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:11 am
ZuffaKiller wrote:sorry wolf did not know it was already posted feel free to delete this thread and bump the one you made.
I merged the threads so no posts are lost.
Heretic
Heretic

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 am
R.I.P Wand Sr.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum