GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Nogueira explains why he didn’t knock Mir out Empty Nogueira explains why he didn’t knock Mir out

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:09 am
After having the wino n his hands and wasting it trying to choke Frank Mira t UFC 140, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira had to pay a high price, since he was submitted with a kimura and broke his arm. The defeat might have been one of the most painful ones on the legend’s career, due to the way it happened, since Mir was the first one to ever knock the Brazilian out, and now the first to submit Rodrigo. On his official website, the tough guy talked about what happened and tried to explain it to his fans.

“Last Saturday I fought and lost via submission for the first time in my career, it was a bad feeling, but it’s part of the sport. Everything that happens in a fight is quick and the fighter acts most based on his instincts and reflexes than on his mind. I knew I made a mistake as I tried to submit on a fight where I could have won by KO. But when Frank Mir was practically knocked out I heard the judge as me to stop punching him at the neck and that exactly when I tried to choke him. Mir put himself together and must be congratulated for submitting me. I checked the videos and I wasn’t hitting him on the neck, but on Mir’s side of the head, which is allowed”, revealed Rodrigo, who’s now focusing on recovering to overcome the most exceptional obstacle of his career.

“But I’m not here to apologize. I lost, I’ll recover from my arm injury and then move on, probably on the second UFC Rio of 2012. The good thing about the loss was that I got many supporting messages, and I really thank the great treatment that the boss (Dana White) gave me, yet in Canada. Dana used to tell me “Nog we’re not sparing any help, you’ll have the best experts so you comeback soon and well”. I’m sure I’ll still fight for many years , I fight because I like it to and I feel I’m in one of the best moments of my career”, concluded the athlete.

http://www.tatame.com/2011/12/21/Nogueira-explains-why-he-didnt-knock-Mir-out

Last edited by ZuffaKiller on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Marcelo Tigre
Marcelo Tigre

Nogueira explains why he didn’t knock Mir out Empty Re: Nogueira explains why he didn’t knock Mir out

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:13 am
Bad mistake but Minotauro is a honor for Brasil. Hope he comes back stronger.
brace
brace

Nogueira explains why he didn’t knock Mir out Empty Re: Nogueira explains why he didn’t knock Mir out

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:24 am
Ref of the Year strikes again. What a shit job. Nogueira wins by TKO 30 sec before sub..
ZuffaKiller

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:27 am
marijuana herb dean is a overrated ref I have seen him game enough mistakes reffing to conclude he is not a great ref but a decent ref.
brace
brace

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 am
All of a sudden Mazzaghatti strating to look better and better..
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 am
Smoking herb dean done it again. Thanks to him MMA was ruined for a night.
KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:59 am
If Herb would have stopped the fight when Mir was out the event would have been awesome for me. Mir will be remembered as the man who finished Big Nog twice and KOed Cro Cop.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum