GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012: A Disaster year for the UFC

+14
monaroCountry
Heretic
doubledx2c
retrocausality
KSW
nodogoshi
wekka
Dagwood
Dorch
DatsikCrim
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Adax
stu3ufc
18 posters
Go down
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:33 am
If Zuffa were to "die", MMA would die.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 am
if zuffa dies mma wont die lmao, if that were true how the hell has mma been around so long before zuffa?
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:02 am
Not sure you're getting the point. Zuffa has done a good job at getting MMA accepted into the mainstream. So, like I said, if Zuffa were to fold, MMA gradually would return to square one.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 am
monaroCountry wrote:
Marcelo Tigre wrote:Zuffa die lots of guys here die too. They gonna have not much to keep hating on.

Thats where your wrong, many guys here love other promotions around the glove. Hence the "Global" in GlobalMMA. This forum is about spreading the sport of MMA. The death of Zuffa is good in the long term, it means that promotions all over the world can thrive, fighters have more options, new upcoming fighters given a chance, and more MMA for the fans like us.

Forums like Shitdog who thrive of zombies wont fare well IMO.
Exactly! Global-MMA is about the sport. We´re real mma fans and the only legit forum left. Linker, Sherdog, Mmashare and all those Zuffa forums would be empty but our forum would be huge.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 am
SandmanFC wrote:Not sure you're getting the point. Zuffa has done a good job at getting MMA accepted into the mainstream. So, like I said, if Zuffa were to fold, MMA gradually would return to square one.
Zuffa hasn´t done anything for the sport outside america, it´s the opposite. They destroyed a lot for eastern euro mma and asian mma. European and Asian mma fans don´t care if Zuffa dies, the sport will live on and be much better without the scumbags.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 am
SandmanFC wrote:Not sure you're getting the point. Zuffa has done a good job at getting MMA accepted into the mainstream. So, like I said, if Zuffa were to fold, MMA gradually would return to square one.
ok so you mean in america right? Besides if something happened to zuffa you think ufc would just fall off the map? Wont happen, another investor would buy them and they would continue, also Bellator is on the rise in america. And something else outside of America there are a few current and past orgs that have already gotten mma accepted into the mainstream and are far more accepted then mma is in america. No zuffa required whats so hard to understand about that?
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:11 am
Where I live america isn´t the center of the universe. European and Asian mma is the future.
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:13 am
Did the UFC not just hold events in China, Brazil, and Canada? When was the last time KSW went outside of Poland?
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:16 am
SandmanFC wrote:Did the UFC not just hold events in China, Brazil, and Canada? When was the last time KSW went outside of Poland?
so your saying if not for those visits mma in china brazil and canada would just go away? Oh my what would we do without zuffa???
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:19 am
SandmanFC wrote:Did the UFC not just hold events in China, Brazil, and Canada? When was the last time KSW went outside of Poland?
Yes the UFC is trying to reach new markets because they want to monopolize the sport worldwide.

No thanks, we prefer our own promotions in europe and the asians feel the same way. KSW and M-1 is european mma right now and Asia has many fine promotions on the rise.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:24 am
Zuffa is the Don King promotions of MMA. Why would anyone want to support these criminals? There are many much better promotions out there.
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 am
I'm a mixed martial arts fan. As a fan, I support the sport wholeheartedly.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 am
^^If what you just said is true, then how can you say mma would die without zuffa? It won't it's as simple as that.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 pm
SandmanFC wrote:I'm a mixed martial arts fan. As a fan, I support the sport wholeheartedly.
Yes, I know you´re a legit fan.
Marcelo Tigre
Marcelo Tigre

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 pm
Lofgren wrote:Where I live america isn´t the center of the universe. European and Asian mma is the future.

Interesting. Global MMA, except for America...
MR.WILLIE

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 pm
in my humble opinion there has to be competition....but will not like father of families loosing their jobs beacuse i want to see some fighters fight in my country or favorite company....the difference between american mma and other countries mma is the expousure internationally....im not a ufc fan but they reach to alot of countries via ppv and they are the biggest mma company and if they are runned by mafia money i dont see them going under, maybe getting a little smaller but not under...we have to be rational that alot of international companies doesnt have the money to hold a big roster of fighters or even pay them....for example i like m-1 but their fighters are jumping ship to bellator and at the end of the day money is the one that rules in any bussiness...
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 pm
Marcelo Tigre wrote:
Lofgren wrote:Where I live america isn´t the center of the universe. European and Asian mma is the future.

Stop trolling or GTFO. That was in response to people who think mma will die if Zuffa dies. MMA will live on in europe and asia and that´s the future markets for mma. In america Bellator and World Series are awesome right now.
Jose Cansayflows
Jose Cansayflows

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:57 pm

WOW@ the blind hatred and ignorance that causes you guys to still ignore this.

China, Japan, Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Sweden, England, Ireland, and Australia. All places the UFC has held events. These Euro and Japanese orgs you guys love so much don't seem so GLOBAL afterall now do they??

I love how instead of actually listening and getting an understanding that your opinion is not the FINAL SAY, threatening to ban people by claiming they are "trolling" is your solution. What a joke.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:00 pm
Jose Cansayflows wrote:

China, Japan, Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Sweden, England, Ireland, and Australia. All places the UFC has held events. These Euro and Japanese orgs you guys love so much don't seem so GLOBAL afterall now do they??

I love how instead of actually listening and getting an understanding that your opinion is not the FINAL SAY, threatening to ban people by claiming they are "trolling" is your solution. What a joke.

WOW@ what blind hatred of blind hatred.

Jose Cansayflows
Jose Cansayflows

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 pm
Yeah, notice you disputed no point I made (you never do, because you never can) and just tried to babble some troll nonsense to try to deflect onto me like I'm a blind hater. Like I said, a joke.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:14 pm
Jose Cansayflows wrote:

M-1 have events all over the world, so what? Then we have RUFF in China, DREAM, DEEP and Pancrase in Japan, Legend FC in Hong Kong, Shooto and Jungle fights in Brazil, ONE FC in Singapore, SFL in India the list goes on and on.

Why do we need Ultimate FC in these areas?
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 pm
Lofgren wrote:
Marcelo Tigre wrote:

Stop trolling or GTFO. That was in response to people who think mma will die if Zuffa dies. MMA will live on in europe and asia and that´s the future markets for mma. In america Bellator and World Series are awesome right now.

Exactly, Bellator is American but it is a promotion good for Global MMA. Bellator is doing its own thing and not actively trying to ruin fighters, supporters and other promotions like the UFC.

They arent global in that regard and they dont mean to be. The UFC can old events in a dozen countries this doesnt mean that thy have a full fledged talent development program in those countries or that they help fighters and the sport in those countries. The only thing UFC does is serve one or two locals as easy beats and have an event for ONE NIGHT, the rest of the year they piss off to Vegas drinking their mafia wine.

Promotions that help "Global MMA" are those who chose to cooperate with each other and who develop the sport and fighters in their own region. Promotions like M1 in its region, OneFC in its region, Bellator in its region all combine to make MMA healthier all around the world.

KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 pm
Even Sweden has a very good promotion called Rumble of the Kings. They co-promote with Glory.

These are all promotions just like UFC. Why just support one brand?
Jose Cansayflows
Jose Cansayflows

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm
People outside of those areas don't get to see these events. Only reason I catch Jungle fights is because I have the ESPN app on my XBox. A lot of these events I have to watch a stream online or a youtube after the fact. While the UFC goes to these places and puts local top guys on the events. Be mad at Zuffa all you want but acting like they don't do good for MMA world wide is a joke. Just because they want to buy up companies and get all the best fighters in one place doesn't mean they are shitting on MMA outside of America.
Jose Cansayflows
Jose Cansayflows

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm
And I support all brands of MMA. I don't exclude certain ones like all of you. I love all MMA. I'm a real fan.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum