GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012: A Disaster year for the UFC

+14
monaroCountry
Heretic
doubledx2c
retrocausality
KSW
nodogoshi
wekka
Dagwood
Dorch
DatsikCrim
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Adax
stu3ufc
18 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm
Jose Cansayflows wrote:People outside of those areas don't get to see these events. Only reason I catch Jungle fights is because I have the ESPN app on my XBox. A lot of these events I have to watch a stream online or a youtube after the fact. While the UFC goes to these places and puts local top guys on the events. Be mad at Zuffa all you want but acting like they don't do good for MMA world wide is a joke. Just because they want to buy up companies and get all the best fighters in one place doesn't mean they are shitting on MMA outside of America.
I can see the european mma events on tv but not UFC events. You must understand that everything is different on different places.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:18 pm
Marcelo Tigre wrote:
Lofgren wrote:Where I live america isn´t the center of the universe. European and Asian mma is the future.

Interesting. Global MMA, except for America...
yea thats why we talk bellator 50% of the time...... 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 3 3381238357
Marcelo Tigre
Marcelo Tigre

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
Marcelo Tigre wrote:
Lofgren wrote:Where I live america isn´t the center of the universe. European and Asian mma is the future.

yea thats why we talk bellator 50% of the time...... 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 3 3381238357

We support all MMA, excpet UFC... 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 3 3381238357 I come here to discuss MMA all over the beautiful world but lot of time is all hate or bring up the ZUFFA for no reason. Can you forget it and just be happy?
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:47 am
Marcelo Tigre wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
Marcelo Tigre wrote:

We support all MMA, excpet UFC... 2012: A Disaster year for the UFC - Page 3 3381238357 I come here to discuss MMA all over the beautiful world but lot of time is all hate or bring up the ZUFFA for no reason. Can you forget it and just be happy?

I like you MT. I'm not sure you may have seen this but it explains why the site was founded and where it sits in the MMA political spectrum.

This is my normal spiel for new members...

Hey!

I haven't had a chance to welcome you to Global-MMA yet. I'm not sure if you were aware of this but G-MMA is not your run of the mill English speaking MMA sight. In fact, aside from that we cover All MMA & ALL MMA orgs, & ALL MMA fighters worldwide. The site is politically opposed to Zuffa the 'business' entity and it's ownership Dana, Lorena Fertitta, and Frank Fertitta lll. Simple as that.

Ideologically it's sort of like in US politics where there are Republican discussion forums and then there are Democrat forums. Two different spectrums of political opinion GENERALLY speaking. One 'some' issues there may be common ground but on most there are substantial differences. Democrats might not feel comfortable on Republican forums... and Republicans might not feel comfortable on Democrat forums. The cool part is that people in the middle of those two may feel comfortable, "for the most part", on either site.

All members at both types of political forum sites need to have extremely THICK SKINS when posting opinions that are opposed politically to the founding ideology of either type of forum site. Even if a forum member sits in the middle on most issues, they need to be aware that they will get a very defensive response to posts that are opposed to the ideology of each forum and to the political ideology of the vaaaaaast majority of the members there.

So with that in mind...

----------

This is my normal spiel for new members...

I want to give you a bit of an idea about the place. We follow worldwide MMA, all orgs & all fighters. We are not UFC-centered here. You should never be trolled or bashed for posting about non-UFC things. This is a troll-free zone and we want to keep it that way.

We do follow UFC fighters and their fights here because we luv ALL MMA everywhere it is fought no matter the organization.

Global-MMA was founded to focus on world-wide MMA and to be a bastion of resistance to Zuffa itself, some of the UFC business practices, and the ownership of the UFC. A sort of ground-zero MMA occupy movement that resists a single company and its owner's relentless attempts to control major worldwide professional mixed martial arts. The site was also founded as a safe-haven for members to speak out freely against Zuffa, Dana, Frank, Lorenzo & the UFC business itself if they chose without fear of being attacked and bashed.

The original members of this site have faced a lot of persecution and pretty nasty treatment at the major UFC-centric/UFC-only sites. We are all independent thinking fans of MMA. Not just "UFC" as 90%++ of people that called themselves "MMA fans" are. They're only fans of the UFC promotion and it's brand of MMA. They form their opinions about the sport based on what the UFC, Zuffa management, and a UFC-based media that relies on access to the company to feed their families... tells them. Not a lot of balanced information coming out of that. For sure nothing independent or balanced on the MMA press side of things.

G-MMA is aligned the opposite MMA-socio-politically to Zuffa, the UFC, Frank, Lorenzo & Dana. Not opposite to UFC fighters but to the people that run it and the business of the UFC. Some of us in fact are their biggest critics on the internet.

It is important to note that 'all' of our members aren't as politically opposed to Zuffa as many here. Some are indifferent and some support them on different issues. All posts here are up for debate. Just like when most of us were at other UFC-based sites... support for Dana, the Fertittas or Zuffa on different issues will face strong opinions from the opposite side of the fence. Just like we had to face at the UFC-centered sites... those members have to grow a bit of a thick skin. Opposites views will not get name calling or member bashing here though... EVER!

New members just need to understand that many of us here have been conditioned to be very defensive when we feel the Zuffa machine & it's ownership have unfairly attacked or unfairly portrayed non-Zuffa fighters, past Zuffa fighters, current Zuffa fighters, competitor organizations, or any other things.

"On another note - we hope our members will put their country and/or ethnicity (e.g. Iranian-Swiss) in their profile so it shows up under their avatar. We want to show other members & guests the diverse places we're all from. We also want to better understand each member's regional MMA perspective more easily. As well, we can also ask each other for insight into their regional promotions, fighters or even get translation from Portuguese or Russian or Croatian Chinese, or whatever.....

Must reads...

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t134-forum-rules-must-read
https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t706-proof-fertitta-family-is-100-yr-old-mafia-family-not-just-ties

Great to have you here. cheers

Dagwood
Admin
monaroCountry

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:53 am
Marcelo Tigre wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
Marcelo Tigre wrote:

No reason? Zuffa isnt pro Global MMA they are pro Zuffa full stop. Zuffa thrives of bringing down other promotions Pride, Affliction, Strikeforce and the list goes on. Zuffa is a disease, the quicker people get off the Zuffa cool aide the better.
monaroCountry

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:58 am
Jose Cansayflows wrote:People outside of those areas don't get to see these events. Only reason I catch Jungle fights is because I have the ESPN app on my XBox. A lot of these events I have to watch a stream online or a youtube after the fact. While the UFC goes to these places and puts local top guys on the events. Be mad at Zuffa all you want but acting like they don't do good for MMA world wide is a joke. Just because they want to buy up companies and get all the best fighters in one place doesn't mean they are shitting on MMA outside of America.
UFC puts token locals in their card, takes all the credit and shafts those who did the hard work. Why do you think a certain Asian promoter spoke aout about loyalty? It was because of Zuffa and their shady dealings.

Zuffa does some good but it would be better if they werent around, MMA would have been bigger globally. Promotions would be copromoting and working with each other to bring us top fights all around the globe. Pride was very good at this.

All the best fighters in the one place, really? They hype THEIR fighters making them seem to be the best, and protect them from fighting guys from around the globe and champions from other promotions. Look at the Fedor v Randy example. Zuffa is Zuffa first and top fights second.
monaroCountry

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:01 am
Jose Cansayflows wrote:And I support all brands of MMA. I don't exclude certain ones like all of you. I love all MMA. I'm a real fan.

What do you mean brands of MMA? UFC and these things are promotions. If you were a real fan then you would know that UFC isnt = MMA, UFC is simply another promotion promoting MMA.
Jose Cansayflows
Jose Cansayflows

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:34 am
monaroCountry wrote:
Jose Cansayflows wrote:And I support all brands of MMA. I don't exclude certain ones like all of you. I love all MMA. I'm a real fan.

What do you mean brands of MMA? UFC and these things are promotions. If you were a real fan then you would know that UFC isnt = MMA, UFC is simply another promotion promoting MMA.

When I say brands I mean promotions or organizations. All these orgs are brands, hence why they have logos and merchendise. Good job trying to pit words on my mouth and claim I said UFC = MMA when i literally didn't say that anywhere.
Marcelo Tigre
Marcelo Tigre

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 am
monaroCountry wrote:
Marcelo Tigre wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
Marcelo Tigre wrote:

No reason? Zuffa isnt pro Global MMA they are pro Zuffa full stop. Zuffa thrives of bringing down other promotions Pride, Affliction, Strikeforce and the list goes on. Zuffa is a disease, the quicker people get off the Zuffa cool aide the better.

You don't understand. I mean you bring up for no reason when it have nothing to do with a topic. I know your opinion on ZUFFA, you don't have to repeat again and again friend. I share many opinions too but I don't always bring it up. Love, peace, respect.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum