GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC

+9
Sonatine
Heretic
CDF47
IQ Wrestler
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Wolfman
KSW
Deadanimal
Dagwood
13 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Empty Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:43 am
Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Zavurov580w

G-MMA News (Jan 01/13) - Russian MMA fighter Shamil Zavurov from the Republic of Dagestan has signed with Bellator FC. The announcement was made by Zavurov on his official WK.com page. Zavurov is the former M-1 Global WW champion and 3X World Combat Sambo Champion. He is 18-2-1 in MMA and is part of a major migration of highly-skilled Russian striker-submission grapplers to be signed recently by American MMA promotion Bellator FC. Most all MMA fighters from Dagestan also have roots in wrestling as the Russian Republic is home to many of the world's best Olympic historically and the sport is ingrained culturally in the Caucasus region of Russia.

The current Russian invasion of American MMA has seen many of it's fighters reach great success in the short time they been in America with Andrey Koreshkov winning the Bellator Season 7 WW Tournament and Alexander Volkov winning the Bellator Season 7 WW and being crowned Bellator HW Champion. Zavurov is scheduled to make his promotion debut at Bellator 87 January 31, 20013 in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. His opponent is to be announced.

Shamil Zavurov Offical VK.com Page wrote:
Shamil Zavurov signed in Bellator FC!
Dec 26, 2012 at 6:54 am

The first fight of the "Lion of Dagestan" amerinanskom in this promotion is scheduled for Bellator 87 event, which will take place on January 31, Zavurova opponent is still unknown.

http://vk.com/shamil_zavurov_official_page

Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Zavurovwiki

Shocked 8)... Crying or Very sad for M-1

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t4988-russian-dagestani-fighter-shamil-zavurov-signs-with-bellator-fc

Last edited by Dagwood on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Dagwood
Dagwood

Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Empty Re: Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 am
F me is Bellator loading up their roster with amazing talent. Free Spike TV!!! I luv you Mr. Rebney. I love you Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC 2750705302

P.S. - I am so sad for you Vadim & Fedor. I know it's hard to compete with the glare of the big decadent city lights and the capitalist pigs that are poisoning your M-1 soldiers. Maybe comrade Valdimir will step in to save the export of all the great CCCP fighters.

Deadanimal
Deadanimal

Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Empty Re: Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 am
Cant wait for his debut Very Happy
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 am
Deadanimal wrote:Cant wait for his debut Very Happy

I am official changing my name to Dagestanwood

KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 am
Great for Bellator but at the same time bad for M-1. It´s time to open up the wallet Vadim but I´m sure some of the russians will return to M-1 after a couple of tourneys.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:05 am

Can you do a loose transcription on this Deadanimal???

Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:33 am
PRIDE FC wrote:Great for Bellator but at the same time bad for M-1. It´s time to open up the wallet Vadim but I´m sure some of the russians will return to M-1 after a couple of tourneys.

Vadim's in a bad position... Even if they can afford to match Bellator, the kids wanna go where they think there's a pot of gold (UFC) at the end of the rainbow in the promise land America. I can't blame them. F***'n super materialistic runaway capitalism that gets forced on the word through American media & movies. It spoils real art, other cultures, and way to many minds.

For the first 2/3 of my life I was right of center, materialistic, and selfish like everybody else in the west. Some major personal and family tragedies made me step back and reassess everything when I finding out what the real important things in life slapped me hard in the face.

If they were around when I was a kid in the 70's, I would have thought iPads & FB were the most important things in life like most all developed nations' youth think today. And their parents a bigger car or a bigger house or a bigger speed boat or a bigger... or a bigger... or a bigger... or a bigger... or a bigger. I hope humanity and the earth can continue survive this. Sadly we won't but this big old rock will be here in some for or other for eons. Reset.

Deadanimal
Deadanimal

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 am
Dagwood wrote:

Can you do a loose transcription on this Deadanimal???

He talked about his last fight wich was in dagestan and in the end his saying that hes gonna train more becuse in january or february his gonna fight in USA (Bellator)
Deadanimal
Deadanimal

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 am
Dagwood wrote:

I am official changing my name to Dagestanwood

hahahaha that would be cool Very Happy
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:35 am
Good for Bellator. They're really picking a big piece of the pie the others ignored. In the end it can affect their home orgs, but in these regions they still value amateur sports much more. Also all these guys grew up in hunger and crappy environment so i understand why they want the big bucks now.

If these guys do well and get famous in amerrica they might influence the new generation and develop even more the sport in their countries.

All i know is Bellator is living up to the "Bellatov" nickname now. Laughing I wish WSOF would sign more from there too.

WAR REBNEY.
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 am
Dagwood wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:Great for Bellator but at the same time bad for M-1. It´s time to open up the wallet Vadim but I´m sure some of the russians will return to M-1 after a couple of tourneys.

Vadim's in a bad position... Even if they can afford to match Bellator, the kids wanna go where they think there's a pot of gold (UFC) at the end of the rainbow in the promise land America. I can't blame them. F***'n super materialistic runaway capitalism that gets forced on the word through American media & movies. It spoils real art, other cultures, and way to many minds.

For the first 2/3 of my life I was right of center, materialistic, and selfish like everybody else in the west. Some major personal and family tragedies made me step back and reassess everything when I finding out what the real important things in life slapped me hard in the face.

If they were around when I was a kid in the 70's, I would have thought iPads & FB were the most important things in life like most all developed nations' youth think today. And their parents a bigger car or a bigger house or a bigger speed boat or a bigger... or a bigger... or a bigger... or a bigger... or a bigger. I hope humanity and the earth can continue survive this. Sadly we won't but this big old rock will be here in some for or other for eons. Reset.

I also changed my view on things, especially after I got kids.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:15 am
If M-1 would start matching or a lil more then belle, I doubt half these guys would have left. Its all aboput the $$.
Step it up M-1 or your gonna be toast.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:14 pm
I've never been that impressed by Zavurov. Good but M1 has guys SO much better.

He has a good style for the cage though
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 pm
Great signing for Bellator and another big loss for M-1.
Heretic
Heretic

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:39 pm
M-1 needs to get there shit together
Sonatine
Sonatine

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:03 pm
Damn, M-1 is losing a lot of top Russian fighters. They need to sort themselves out. That said, Zavurov vs. Tirloni or Weedman would be interesting bouts.
bolsheet

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 pm
Most likely he will be facing Weedman or a reserve bout vs a local fighter
Adax

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 pm
Good signing for Bellator.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 pm
let the talent excursion from m-1 to bellator continue...

m-1 loosing alot of talent not good, bellator finding talent all over the world...
Dagwood
Dagwood

Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Empty Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:11 pm
Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Zavurov580w

G-MMA News (Jan 01/13) - Russian MMA fighter Shamil Zavurov from the Republic of Dagestan has signed with Bellator FC. The announcement was made by Zavurov on his official WK.com page. Zavurov is the former M-1 Global WW champion and 3X World Combat Sambo Champion. He is 18-2-1 in MMA and is part of a major migration of highly-skilled Russian striker-submission grapplers to be signed recently by American MMA promotion Bellator FC. Most all MMA fighters from Dagestan also have roots in wrestling as the Russian Republic is home to many of the world's best Olympic historically and the sport is ingrained culturally in the Caucasus region of Russia.

The current Russian invasion of American MMA has seen many of it's fighters reach great success in the short time they been in America with Andrey Koreshkov winning the Bellator Season 7 WW Tournament and Alexander Volkov winning the Bellator Season 7 WW and being crowned Bellator HW Champion. Zavurov is scheduled to make his promotion debut at Bellator 87 January 31, 20013 in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. His opponent is to be announced.

Shamil Zavurov Offical VK.com Page wrote:
Shamil Zavurov signed in Bellator FC!
Dec 26, 2012 at 6:54 am

The first fight of the "Lion of Dagestan" amerinanskom in this promotion is scheduled for Bellator 87 event, which will take place on January 31, Zavurova opponent is still unknown.

http://vk.com/shamil_zavurov_official_page

Russian-Dagestani Fighter Shamil Zavurov Signs With Bellator FC Zavurovwiki

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t4988-russian-dagestani-fighter-shamil-zavurov-signs-with-bellator-fc

monaroCountry

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 am
Many M-1 talents have been going overseas to fight, which is good ultimately for the fighter and for M-1.

It really seems that M-1 is more concerned about making a proper sport and producing new talents, as per their original goals when they were first created. M-1 seems to just keep churning out top talents.

They arent shy of sharing or having their fighter fight in other promotions either, just look at Monson. It seems that the only time they prevent fighters from fighting outside is when they break the terms of their contract.

In any case, M-1 still have better fighters fighting in the promotions.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum