GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser?

+7
Fairweather
Dagwood
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Heretic
nhbnews
Dapperdoo
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
11 posters
Go down
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser? Empty Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:11 pm
1:35

Why did Dana go at Ariel like that? Seems kind of unfair. Ariel always tows the company line and Dana tries to throw him under a bus. Pretty cowardly from Dana going at someone that he knows won't say anything back (Ariel is aware of who pays his bills and gives him the spotlight).

Thoughts? I see a trend where Dana tries to incite fear in the MMA media by always trying to make an example out of Ariel.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser? Empty Re: Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:14 pm
well ariel was trying to antagonize diaz..
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser? Empty Re: Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm
Dapperdoo wrote:well ariel was trying to antagonize diaz..

No doubt. But to be fair, if you conduct yourself like Diaz, the media will always have their knives out.

Do you agree with my point, though? Dana is always very quick to 'son' Ariel. Kind of cowardly that the only guy he is willing to confront face-to-face is a guy he pays to be his bitch... Neutral
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:05 pm
All W"W"E-like bullshit.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:09 pm
nhbnews wrote:All W"W"E-like bullshit.

Heretic
Heretic

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:14 pm
I don't care how Dana shits on Ariel, when Ariel called cro cop a disgrace to mma I lost all respect for the shill
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:24 pm
Heretic wrote:I don't care how Dana shits on Ariel, when Ariel called cro cop a disgrace to mma I lost all respect for the shill

Isn't it cowardly to shit on a guy you pay to be your bitch, though?
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser? Empty Its not a shillwani thread without this

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm
Why did Dana try to 'son' UFC shill Ariel at the presser? 65779_178954058797275_5816820_n
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:
Heretic wrote:I don't care how Dana shits on Ariel, when Ariel called cro cop a disgrace to mma I lost all respect for the shill

Of course it is but do you think he cares?. He can fire the shill right now and have 10000000000000000000000000000x more shills foaming at the mouth to replace him.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:52 pm
To me Helwani is just doing his job as a TABLOID JOURNALIST. Dana and the UFC-MMA world can't have it both ways. This guy makes his living of PROMOTING UFC fake beefs, rumors, and 'mainly' the president of the company above the fighters.

The few time I have been to Ariel's twitter more than half his tweets are literally... "Dana says" this or "Dana says" that. Can anybody give me an example of this with the press & major professional leagues like the NFL, MLB, or even boxing??? Ariel has played a large part in making Dana White the UFC biggest star.

How can anybody, especially Dana, be pissed that Ariel continues do the same job the UFC benefits so much from in a pre-fight press conference???

Dagwood
Dagwood

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:

IMO it's not cowardly. It's arrogance and a show of power in front of his subjects.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:21 pm
nhbnews wrote:All W"W"E-like bullshit.

The sad part is 90%++ of the UFC fanbase are sheep and not intelligent enough to even see that. Even more sad is this is indicative of all warm blooded biological entities with opposable thumbs on the planet earth.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-heTQg1SLEsc/TokfFh0gOWI/AAAAAAAAA4k/vRn9riEU-I0/s1600/Shaun+The+Sheep+.jpg

Fairweather

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 pm
because of people like this guy:

felixdamajiccat 13 minutes ago

fuck yeah dana for shutting ariel down.. that was sick
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:51 pm
Dagwood wrote:To me Helwani is just doing his job as a TABLOID JOURNALIST. Dana and the UFC-MMA world can't have it both ways. This guy makes his living of PROMOTING UFC fake beefs, rumors, and 'mainly' the president of the company above the fighters.

The few time I have been to Ariel's twitter more than half his tweets are literally... "Dana says" this or "Dana says" that. Can anybody give me an example of this with the press & major professional leagues like the NFL, MLB, or even boxing??? Ariel has played a large part in making Dana White the UFC biggest star.

How can anybody, especially Dana, be pissed that Ariel continues do the same job the UFC benefits so much from in a pre-fight press conference???

Completely agree, Dag! Ariel definitely helps promote the fake beefs and drama that the UFC thrives on - the "wolf tickets," as Diaz would say - and then Dana has the nerve to get mad at him for pushing their narrative? So, it's completely OK for Dana to go on Jim Rome and talk about Diaz not showing up, but if Ariel asks it at the presser, it's "antagonizing Nick." Rolling LMAO Give me a break.

Is it possible Dana is having withdrawals from some sort of opiate? He seemed very testy.
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:42 am
Falling out of thieves, it may be.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:53 am
I never ever watch this UFC bullshit.

I happened to turn this on.

I didn't know that I was in for a pro wrestling show.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 am
UFC=WWE

UFC will be gone within a year and a half.

They will be swallowed by Bellator.

And then, we will have to get on Bellator's ass. But they won't be as bad as Zuffa.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 am
Gonzo got what he deserved
KSW
KSW

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 am
Ariel will be the first one to jump ship. Dana should appreciate what Ariel has done for Ultimate but Dana looks down on him. Ariel is the typical tabloid journalist.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:14 am
PRIDE FC wrote:Ariel will be the first one to jump ship. Dana should appreciate what Ariel has done for Ultimate but Dana looks down on him. Ariel is the typical tabloid journalist.

He probably had ought to be looking to his local Jiffy Lube stores to get a job.
KSW
KSW

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:46 am
nodogoshi wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:Ariel will be the first one to jump ship. Dana should appreciate what Ariel has done for Ultimate but Dana looks down on him. Ariel is the typical tabloid journalist.

He probably had ought to be looking to his local Jiffy Lube stores to get a job.
Laughing If Bellator becomes as big as UFC I´m sure Ariel will change his show to The Bellator Hour.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:48 am
Well tbh I think Helwani deserves a slap in the face for all the sh*t he talks about fighters and all the pointless instigating he does.

I understand he's a sh*tty journalist wwe lover that is looking for fairy tales to spoon feed the morons in tapout shirts and
I'm not praising Dana White at all because he's worse imo

Yes I hate the UFC and everything about it! I'll watch certain fights and that's it! I'll never support them and Ariel does whatever he's told he'll only go so far he knows when to stop and obey his Master Rolling LMAO

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum