GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Hw prospects abroad#1 Empty Hw prospects abroad#1

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 pm
This was done quite a while ago for a couple sites im pretty proud just cuz it took so long but this is the first in a series of blogs about the prospects out there in the hw division.Since it was done a while back im sure alot of the win loss records or training camps may have changed but this is mostly just to talk about these guys and where you think they should be as far as a North American mma company as thats what this blog was originally designed for thank you very much GMMA comunity.(FKA)

Hello all and welcome once again to the Great HeavyWeight Debate I 'am of course as always FKA and as you already know I love the HW division.

So i felt it my duty to help legitimize my favorite division by showing you all exactly how much talent there is out there that still needs to be recruited to the big shows here in the states.So i set out to find all the worth while prospects from around the globe from various promotions and free agents to put together this comprable list of fighters you all should know about.

so this being the intro to my vast series of prospects i will start with guys with names you might know here in the states and some others just to get you goin so with no further BS lets get rollin....

Hw prospects abroad#1 Rolles

Rolles Gracie 33yrs 6'4 245lbs record of 6-1

fighting out of jacksons sub fighting/Renzo Gracie academy

3rd degree blackbelt in gracie juijitsu,3rd degree blackbelt in judo

notable wins over bob sapp,baga agaev,peter graham,
loss to joey beltran

He obviously has the deadly ground game we all know and love from the gracies and he has the judo hips and throws to get the fight to the ground but it was his poor cardio in the beltran fight that had us over this guy before the fight was over lol.Since moving camp to jacksons sub fighting as part of his regiment and getting frankie edgars former boxing coach mark henry he has shown drastic improvement in his standup and in his overall mma game.

Gracie also a couple months ago made a statement saying he is devoting his full time to mma no more juijitsu tournaments in between training he is fully focused on mma meaning he has the mindset for mma now and will look to make a good showing against whoever he faces.

Hw prospects abroad#1 200px-Kharitonov

Sergei Kharitonov 31yrs 6'4 256lbs record of 18-5

fighting out of golden glory/Russian top team

pride,dream,strikeforce vet 3-2 pro kick boxing career,international master of sport in boxing,top 25 ranked hw in the world.

Notable wins over andrei arlovski,alistair overeem,murilo rua,semmy schilt,ferbricio werdum,pedro rizzo,mike russow,
Loss to big nogg,overeem,aleksander emelianenko,jeff monson,Josh barnett.

This guy IMO is a killer and with the right team perhaps xtreme couture to work his clinch and overall grappling game he would be a serious threat to the hw division and look for him to be added to the ufc he roster.Really im surprised ha heasn't been already but honestly with his aggressive heavy hands and one hitter quitter power he is the drew mcfedries and old houston alexander of the hw's.

Hw prospects abroad#1 BobbyLashley02

Bobby Lashley 35yrs 6'2 243lbs record of 7-1

fighting out of Att altitude

3x collegiate all american wrestler,Current shark fights hw champ

notable wins over jason guida,bob sapp,wes simms
loss to chad griggs

This guy has great cardio and overall speed, strength, and agility for such a large man.Having a pro wrestling background makes for him to be light on the feet and have explosive speed and strength in bursts.He has evolving standup with good power in his boxing,but it is his fast shots and takedowns with mauling gnp that interest me.He has made the clear effort to go to the right camp and train his weaknesses and gain new strengths he is a bit old but has alot of potential look for him to move up to the big leagues soon with little to no comp for him in his current promotion.

Hw prospects abroad#1 20100308101547_kraniotakes

Andrius Kraniotakes 30yrs 6'3 244lbs record of 13-6

fighting out of Kampfsortgym Koblenz

Brown belt in judo,blue belt in bjj

notable loss to sylvia,hayes,

this guy is a great grappler who loves to brawl he is a veteran and a gate keeper in every sense of the word tough as nails with a great skill set but his achilles heel is getting caught up in a brawl.If he were to use his judo to attack and get in close he would be more effective.He is currently in the crappy pro elite roster but could be a real added flavor to bellator or perhaps shark fights not quite ufc level.

ok for now thats it i literally have like fifty guys to put down this was just a taste and a chance for me to get the ball rolling and get you guys warmed up for the future additions coming very soon.thx as always $drew$
fka
fka

Hw prospects abroad#1 Empty Re: Hw prospects abroad#1

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm
Aside from just where you think they should be in north america i would love to hear what you think about where they should be in global mma as well so please answer twice much love fka:D:D:D:D
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:37 am
First off, after reading through all of these, I think prospect is wrong term for these guys. Based on the prior accomplishments and age of most of these guys, I think they've outgrown the term on different levels. I believe a better way of putting it is the top heavyweights outside of the UFC.

Anyways, i'll break the list down further.

I think Rolles is perfect at WSOF. Not a murderer's row of heavyweight talent and just the right size for him to not only gain more experience, but to fight higher level opposition.

Kharitonov is a major league talent, but he's just not mentally there. Sometimes he seems motivated, other times not so much. His current venture in kickboxing just seems like a waste of time to me. I don't even think he's top 20, there. He needs to focus completely on MMA and get some confidence back. M-1 or OneFC are his best fits, imo.

Lashley is still improving, but he's far too old to really accomplish anything meaningful. I think he could be welcomed in KSW and WSOF for what he is.

Kraniotakes has pretty much plateaued as a fighter. He would help bulk up M-1's roster immensely, though.
Whino

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:41 am
I think to call Sergei a prospect is a little silly. The dude is as much of a veteran as you can get, and has likely peaked. Rolles even may be a little too far to add.

HW prospects are guys like Ruan Potts and Malikov.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 am
Lashley in KSW and Sergei in M-1 would be cool.
Whino

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:53 am
PRIDE FC wrote:Lashley in KSW and Sergei in M-1 would be cool.
Agree,d I'd love for M-1 to have gotten him in their HW tournament.

Sergei
Monson
Guram
Kraniotakes
Olenik
Malikov
Gulhov
Kudin

Winner would fight Gardner for the title. Would have been epic.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:58 am
Whino wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:Lashley in KSW and Sergei in M-1 would be cool.
Agree,d I'd love for M-1 to have gotten him in their HW tournament.

Sergei
Monson
Guram
Kraniotakes
Olenik
Malikov
Gulhov
Kudin

Winner would fight Gardner for the title. Would have been epic.
Smoldarev and Ka have potential and looked very good so I rather have them in the GP than Guram and Kraniotakes.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:57 am
Some solid HWs in these lists.  Some of them I wouldn't list as prospects though since prospects are fighters that are young or inexperienced that show potential to be future breakthrough stars.  Champions, contenders, and veterans are not prospects and some of the fighters in these threads fit these other ranks better.  Champions and contenders of small regional type shows can still be prospects if they are young or inexperienced.  There are a number of real good HW prospects listed.  A list that just includes HW prospects only or separate lists with prospects, contenders, and champions broken down would be cool.  Nice write-ups.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:37 pm
Look guys u have to understand this was originally written for ufc fanboys to see new talent so fir a casual NA fan Sergei isn't well known and was beaten easily in SF.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:39 pm
That's why the term prospect is used so often.in this veteran fairly unknown to north America would fit under prospect just to bring there name to the light.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 pm
Look guys u have to understand this was originally written for ufc fanboys to see new talent so fir a casual NA fan Sergei isn't well known and was beaten easily in SF.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:42 pm
These were all lists of guys who are prospects to come to the ufc and fight meaning they could be fighting on the level of ufc guys.i didn't really mean every Guy on these lists are prospects in the meaning that they are unproven up and comers but that they are or should be on ufc radar or a org in NA.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:14 pm
These are all older vets with good skill just had ups and Downs but could be a great addition to a hw division somewhere you be the judge of where.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm
These were all lists of guys who are prospects to come to the ufc and fight meaning they could be fighting on the level of ufc guys.i didn't really mean every Guy on these lists are prospects in the meaning that they are unproven up and comers but that they are or should be on ufc radar or a org in NA.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum