GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Hw prospects abroad#3 Empty Hw prospects abroad#3

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 pm
This is basically the continuation of the last blog about the mid tier talent so get ready for hopefully some fresh faces and maybe some guys you might like here we go fight fans....

Hw prospects abroad#3 Scott-Barrett

Scott Berrett 28yrs 6'0 265lbs record of 12-3

fighting out of Throwdown Training Center

former bellator fighter,HS wrestling background

noteable wins over ty lee,and mike wessel
loss to carmello marrero,chad corvin,and damian grabowski

He is the classic sprawl and brawler with heavy hands and strength over technique style he makes for a fun fight to watch and he actually uses his style to good effect taking damian grabowski to a close decision is no easy task.He has a comprable ground game with limited subs but powerful strikes.He has good power boxing but his technique needs a little work but his gas tank isn't bad so he can throw for a while.

he has some good basic skill sets he uses to good effect and his bull strength lets him dictate where the fight is his clinch game is a work in progress but he could be a great dirty boxer with work he's still young.The main thing against him is his wrestling needs to be sharpened and his technique in striking needs to be sharpened as well as competition needs to be upped but he is an entertaining fighter to watch.

Hw prospects abroad#3 20100328020125_turek

Gerald Turek 32yrs 6'2 235lbs record of 11-2

fighting out of Team Stockman

current #37 ranked HW free agent in the world

noteable win over andrius kraniotakes

This guy has shown a great chin and the ability to take a hit and keep firing to get the ko.His boxing is great with alot of power but has the speed and accuracy of thai boxing with his straight punches.He also has an underated ground game with comprables subs and defense with strong chokes.

he has alot of hype and has shown good all around skill and ability to finish the fight.My main thing as always is his lack of high profile fights but lets face it in the hw division all you need is an impressive record you can always build up as you go {shane carwin]

Hw prospects abroad#3 20110202043539_ahmic

Aljin Ahmic 27yrs 6'4 250lbs record of 7-1

fighting out of Gladiator Team

noteable win over andrius kraniotakes

This guy is an all around great fighter he has solid boxing and solid wrestling and sub game.His main weakness is putting himself in bad situations on the ground but he has shown the willingness to improve in all areas which is great since he is still very young.

he has all the right tools to take the fight wherever it goes and finish it he just needs some fine tuning and he could be a beast.As usual its a lack of nameable opponents but he has shown solid improvement in each outing making him a guy to watch for.

Hw prospects abroad#3 20091027010338_martinthompson

Martin Thompson 27yrs 6'1 254lbs record of 8-5

fighting out of NHB Whitehavin

A very aggressive fighter who looks to finish and punish his opponent,he loves to stand and bang and trade in the clinch.He is very powerful with good hand accuracy and speed with a very good gnp game.His major problem is a lack of discipline and diving in to finish but leaving himself open.With the right camp he could be a great mid tier fighter he is still young and eager to learn.

he has some great stand up but his defensive wrestling is weak and he needs to get disciplined and not get caught up in the moment so much but he is a very entertaining fighter win or lose.

Hw prospects abroad#3 1333482665mike

Mike Martele 37yrs 6'3 225lbs record of 15-2

fighting out of Brazilian Top Team/Grizzly Gym

current 8 fight win streak,well known canadian hw fighter

This guy possesses great all around skill and has great experiance level in all areas.He needs to step up his canadian competition but has shown improvements and great skill in every outting.

he has great all around skill and good gameplans to win fights he has a great camp and alot of high level guys to train with he just needs the competition to match that but look to see him in bellator or sharkfights soon.

Hw prospects abroad#3 KThug

Kazuhisa Tazawa 32yrs 5'11 251lbs record of 7-2

fighting out of Thug Life Kaguwa

Veteran DEEP fighter

This guy has good boxing with decent power and a good chin also he has a solid sub game and a good all around grappler.he shows good aggression in all positions just needs some better stand up to divesify his game.

he has shown great all around skill but hasn't seen a high level of comp but i would love to see a japanese HW in the states with a good record lol.

Hw prospects abroad#3 Koji-kane

Koji Kanechika 31yrs 6'1 253lbs record of 6-2

fighting out of Team Tackler

ADCC world champ barcelona 06

This guy has powerful takedowns with good top control and gnp with also a very good submission game mostly from the top though.He is a good all around fighter just needs to fight some better competition to see where he lies.

i think he has the right skill set to give some guys fits and he is relativelt young enough to recognize and train up his weaknesses and be a great fighter.another japanese fighter i'd like to see stateside.

Hw prospects abroad#3 20110501121303_staring

Dion Staring 33yrs 6'1 245lbs record of 24-7

fighting out of Golden Glory

Former european shooto Hw champ,Main sparring partner for alistair overeem

noteable wins over peter graham,dawid baziak loss to big nogg,and damian grabowski

This guy has serious muay thai power and technique with chopping kicks and ko blows from every limb very dangerous fighter on the stand up.He has a decent ground game but it is his major hole.

his stand up is sick and his defensive grappling is getting better but it is his kryptonite that and he has failed when put up against top comp but he has looked to improve and i think would be an exciting edition to a stateside promotion.

ok well im feelin a bit fried so im going to give both you and I a break so until next time peace $drew$
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Hw prospects abroad#3 Empty Re: Hw prospects abroad#3

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 pm
Some good HWs listed here.  Nice writeup.
fka
fka

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:19 pm
thanks man i would love your input on each of my talent blogs i know alot of reading but i would love the input out of all of GMMA as i have enjoyed your rankings but as stated before Heavies are my favorite and i really would like to see what everyone thinks thanks again.
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:42 am
I really miss Kanechika. He's practically been unheard of since Sengoku. He could've been a huge asset for DEEP.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 pm
I know dude fell off the planet love his style and would be a great add for any hw division.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 pm
Any of these guys would be great in ksw best fit besides one fc possibly m-1
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:13 pm
Good stuff bro. KSW is in need of HW fighters so they should go after as many of the fighters from your lists as possible. I will try to get in contact with KSW to give them some names.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:50 pm
Please do that was my intent with these series of blogs hw is my favorite division and I feel there are a lot of guys which don't get props they deserve and it would be great to see more guys move up from these lists.

Since writing these guys like Martinez,volkov,minakov,Jordan,quierozall moved up and showed there true potential in bellator and ufc.

Would love to see any of these guys in anything but regional promotions.all these guys have skill and deserve a shot somewhere ksw has the money as most these guys aren't too expensive.
fka
fka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 pm
Pridefc here's some undefeated prospects worth mentioning as well

Volkan"cousin"oezdemer 9-0

Smealinho"the prince"Rama 6-0

Karl"the wrecking machine"etherton8-0

Gheorgie ignat 5-0

Hrvoje slade5-0

Jared cannonier4-0

wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm
Well Oezdemir and Etherington are on Bellator undercards, so they should be getting their shot in a tournament really soon.

I also don't see Rama staying in MFC much longer, either. Way too much talent to not be fighting for either Bellator or the UFC. If he would've beaten Barnett in his last fight, I'm pretty sure he would've been on the UFC's Toronto card this fall. Thankfully, he's got a fight scheduled for October.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum