GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll

+18
eXtv
Kingfedor
Hamilcar
Realidea
Miike
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
Dagwood
megaronnie
God of Thunder
Aunt Red
Fairweather
Dorch
nodogoshi
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
wekka
fka
KSW
RussianTopTeam
22 posters
Go down
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll Empty All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14 am
This is the place to discuss the world sport and everything that is going on in any country/ league.

Real Madrid just signed Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur for a record 100 mill euros making him the most expensive player in the history of the sport.

Personally, I think he is worth 30 mill and is way overrated to be worth 100 mill.

In other news, Lionel Messi scored a fantastic hattrick vs Valencia FC over the weekend. cheers

All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll Empty Re: All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll

Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:20 am
I haven´t kept up with football lately but here´s one of my all time favourite players and one of the best goals from when I was a kid.

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll Empty Re: All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:44 am
Ozil signed by Arsenal

Kevin PRince Boateng leaves AC Milan for Shalke

KAKA leaves Real MAdrid and goes back to the club that made him, AC MILAN

some big signings over the last few days

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:50 pm
I liked playing soccer as a kid but I can't watch soccer on TV it is like tennis or golf to me.

But again American football and combat sports (not boxing) are the only thing capable of holding my attention.

Even baseball I will only go to a game on TV it is boring to me.

Maybe ill try watching a game again but not likely.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
wekka
wekka

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:53 pm
I kind of stopped watching league futbol after the Italian scandal, since Serie A was always my favorite. Since then, I don't have much access to anything outside of MLS and Premier League, but I don't know, I just can't really get back into it.

I love the World Cup on the other hand, I always make sure to catch every game from group play to the Final.

Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:08 pm
Much needed thread, RussianTopTeam! Massive, massive Liverpool here. I've been to London a couple times, but in my most recent visit to the UK I finally made the journey by train up to Anfield to see Carra's last game for Liverpool. Memorable, cracking time. I'm currently saving to head back again with a few friends, and actually planning on making my way over to Ireland this time.

RussianTopTeam wrote:Ozil signed by Arsenal

Kevin PRince Boateng leaves AC Milan for Shalke

KAKA leaves Real MAdrid and goes back to the club that made him, AC MILAN

some big signings over the last few days
Ozil for Arsenal was the signing of the window for me. So much pressure - warranted pressure, mind - was heaped on Wenger and he pulled a rabbit out of the hat. I was shocked Madrid let him go, but the revolving door policy there is so ridiculous nowadays its hard to be too surprised. While I would classify it as a "panic" buy, as Arsenal needed some defensive recruits, a striker, a goalkeeper & a true defensive midfielder (Arteta is a square peg in a round hole, and he's injured; Flamini is a Stoke / Cardiff-level thug at best), it undoubtedly makes them a much stronger team. All they need is for Giroud to stay healthy and finish his dinner and he'll be in the top 5 scorers this season.

Kaka to Milan wasn't a huge surprise for me. Although Milan are trying to align themselves with FFP, they always seem to bring in someone high profile despite their financial replanning - Kaka this summer, Balotelli last January, etc. Fiorentina did some good business as well with the recruitment of Mario Gomez, although they lost a player I'm very high on, Adem Ljajic, to Roma. Juventus finally got the top centre forward they always needed, and the addition of Ogbonna was a nice coup.

Bale to Madrid will be interesting to watch. The balance of the team seems a bit off, and the only true out-and-out CF they have is the often-unmotivated Benzema (although Ronaldo can play as a no.9). I'll watch them with casual interest, but the price tag on Bale was ridiculous - if Bale is worth 86mp, Suarez is worth 100mp & Ronaldo is worth 200mp, lol.

Quick thoughts: United are quick becoming a joke with Dithering Dull Dour Dire Davey Moyes in charge. His transfer business was hilariously mismanaged & scatterbrained, and 28mp for the solid but unspectacular cart horse is side-splitting humour. Sacking Bacon Face's backroom staff and bringing in his crew from the Bitters will turn out to be a grave, grave mistake. Can't wait to watch them struggle to get in the CL spots & get battered in their group stage. Early prediction: we finish above them in the league & they finish LAST in their CL group. I would also like to see Chelsea struggle in front of their vile fans, but unfortunately I think they win the league. Early prediction: 1) Chelsea, 2) City, 3) Arsenal, 4) Liverpool, 5) United, 6) Spurs.

/rant

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 am
wekka wrote:I kind of stopped watching league futbol after the Italian scandal, since Serie A was always my favorite. Since then, I don't have much access to anything outside of MLS and Premier League, but I don't know, I just can't really get back into it.

I love the World Cup on the other hand, I always make sure to catch every game from group play to the Final.
Nothing beats the World cup. I watched almost every match since 1990. I watched the World cup in Mexico 1986 as well but I only remember Maradonas hand of God

All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll Maradona
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 pm
My goodness, England under the Owl are dire. And to think they could have had Pep! All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll 3077217049 

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 pm
All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll Dog-scores-goal-back-post-poacher-1378730130a

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:33 am
England might not even make it out of their group (to the 2nd place team playoffs).

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:35 am
Kind of a shock to see Mexico on the verge of potential elimination, too.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 am
nodogoshi wrote:England might not even make it out of their group (to the 2nd place team playoffs).
Hodgson is a dreadful coach. It incenses me to no end when people say he's a good manager. He's f*cking dire and a complete condescending, sycophantic, bigwig shithouse of a person as well.

England not making it out of qualifying would actually be good for them, honestly. 1) The Owl gets rightfully sacked and he gets sentenced to stay in his birdcoop for the rest of eternity; and 2) they avoid getting pants'd badly by other international sides. Maybe if they fail to qualify the "Ol' Boys Club" at the FA will wake up and realize they are a laughing stock and that the whole structure of youth football is bizarrely backward in the country. On missing out, I'd only feel bad for Gerrard, as I couldn't give a toss about the rest of them.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 am
What do you guys think about Zlatan?

Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 am
KSW wrote:What do you guys think about Zlatan?

Top 5 forward easily. Watched that goal as it happened & I'll admit it was probably the best goal I've ever seen watching live.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:33 am
^It was insane, one of the best goals I´ve ever seen. What makes Zlatan unique is that he´s very tall, pretty fast and has technique like a small player. Hopefully he takes us to the World cup. Sweden is #2 behind Germany.

Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 am
KSW wrote:What makes Zlatan unique is that he´s very tall, pretty fast and has technique like a small player.
Exactly. In terms of "street football" ability, Zlatan is one of the best around, and that's very rare for a tall no.9. Zlatan is also a character and world football would be a lot duller without guys like him. People used to say he was overrated when he was at Juve & Inter, but now there's no doubt he's a truly world class centre forward.

Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are the #1 & #2 forwards in football, but numbers 3-5 are a toss up. Zlatan is in there for me, though, along with Falcao & Suárez.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:25 pm
I hope Sweden makes the world cup because the World Cup won't be the same without a player like IBRA

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:11 pm
Another magnificent goal by Zlatan

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:12 am
Sweden's next game against Austria is crucial. At least a draw would be enough to clinch it. A loss to Austria would probably mean elimination.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:50 am
nodogoshi wrote:Sweden's next game against Austria is crucial. At least a draw would be enough to clinch it. A loss to Austria would probably mean elimination.
I´m very nervous for this match.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:35 am
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:05 pm
All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll BalotelliWHYme

Fun fact that you may not know: Mario's only assist in his entire City career was for Aguerooooooooooooooooo's goal against QPR, which won City the title.

He's also never missed a penalty in his playing career so far - 25/25, and he is the designated PK taker for Milan & Italy.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:All things Football/Soccer/Futbol/Fotboll BalotelliWHYme

Fun fact that you may not know: Mario's only assist in his entire City career was for Aguerooooooooooooooooo's goal against QPR, which won City the title.

He's also never missed a penalty in his playing career so far - 25/25, and he is the designated PK taker for Milan & Italy.

I remember that match, it was pure INSANITY. The timing and importance of the goal was just unbelievable.

In other news, Tomorrow Barcelona play Sevilla. Should be a great match. Always exciting to watch Messi play alongside Neymar.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:08 pm
^ Was a great game, I saw the HLs. 3-2 with Alexis Sanchez scoring an injury time winner.

In other news: @sportingdebate: Sunday supplement journos saying Mark Halsey in his autobiography confirms that all top referees were on "texting terms" with Alex Ferguson

No No No

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:32 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:^ Was a great game, I saw the HLs. 3-2 with Alexis Sanchez scoring an injury time winner.

In other news: @sportingdebate: Sunday supplement journos saying  Mark Halsey in his autobiography confirms that all top referees were on "texting terms" with Alex Ferguson

No NoNo
Ferguson paid them?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum